Lawyer Salary - Page 1231 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Lawyer Salary

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #12301 (permalink)  
Old 19-06-2021, 12:59 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Anyone failed part a recently? Pls reach out to me. Helpless and unsure about future steps to take.

Reply With Quote
  #12302 (permalink)  
Old 19-06-2021, 01:08 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Anyone failed part a recently? Pls reach out to me. Helpless and unsure about future steps to take.
go and paralegal while studying for resit. dont just stay unemployed.

the practical experience + pocket money you get is a better use of your time. easier to spin work exp as paralegal than to say you had to retake.

that is if you want to stay in law. it seems the trend now is follow uk style. dunno how many uk friends you have from uni, but if you stay in touch or stalk them on fb you will see many of them paralegal for few yrs before getting tc.

ofc they maybe didnt fail the LPC there la. but its making the best of a bad situation.

if you too concerned about saving face or just give up on law cos you are mentally weak, you are posting in the wrong thread.

Reply With Quote
  #12303 (permalink)  
Old 19-06-2021, 01:09 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

addendum:

if you are looking for consolation, go to your friends or seek therapy.

if you are looking for shortcut to get called, p*ss off. you know the rules and so do we, the law soc never gonna give them up.

Reply With Quote
  #12304 (permalink)  
Old 19-06-2021, 02:05 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Anyone failed part a recently? Pls reach out to me. Helpless and unsure about future steps to take.
How u all YPs fail part a or b (or both) it is so easy
Reply With Quote
  #12305 (permalink)  
Old 19-06-2021, 03:27 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
How u all YPs fail part a or b (or both) it is so easy
All strawberry mah. The older generation really aspired be lawyers. The younger generation who study law overseas are too dumb to get into local law schools, but still want a semi prestigious course that is perceived to be better than the typical arts, soc science, accounting or business degrees.

But they're also too lazy to study STEM, which everyone knows requires actual hard work. So they spend mommy and daddy's money to study law overseas lor.

It is well known that (a) most of the kids who study law overseas are upper middle class and (b) law is not an overseas uni course typically offered by government or private sector scholarship programmes. Hence the guys aren't going there on academic merit.

So the vast majority of overseas law grads, apart from those who got into oxbridge, are your run of the mill rich kid underachievers. No wonder Bar exam also can fail. They don't have the aptitude nor are willing or have the incentive to put in the hard work.

You can OK Boomer me all you want but deep down, you guys know that my assessment is spot on.
Reply With Quote
  #12306 (permalink)  
Old 19-06-2021, 04:10 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

does anyone know why paulin tan left ansa search
Reply With Quote

  #12307 (permalink)  
Old 19-06-2021, 04:47 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
does anyone know why paulin tan left ansa search
Are u a competitor or ex ansa trying to poke
Reply With Quote
  #12308 (permalink)  
Old 19-06-2021, 05:55 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Must be a competitor. This thread is full of recruiters trying to stir ****. hey recruiters, we're watching you! We know who are the lousy and opportunistic ones and those that are good. Word travels.
Reply With Quote
  #12309 (permalink)  
Old 19-06-2021, 05:59 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
All strawberry mah. The older generation really aspired be lawyers. The younger generation who study law overseas are too dumb to get into local law schools, but still want a semi prestigious course that is perceived to be better than the typical arts, soc science, accounting or business degrees.

But they're also too lazy to study STEM, which everyone knows requires actual hard work. So they spend mommy and daddy's money to study law overseas lor.

It is well known that (a) most of the kids who study law overseas are upper middle class and (b) law is not an overseas uni course typically offered by government or private sector scholarship programmes. Hence the guys aren't going there on academic merit.

So the vast majority of overseas law grads, apart from those who got into oxbridge, are your run of the mill rich kid underachievers. No wonder Bar exam also can fail. They don't have the aptitude nor are willing or have the incentive to put in the hard work.

You can OK Boomer me all you want but deep down, you guys know that my assessment is spot on.
Suspiciously, Part B has remained easy (driving with your eyes closed). Why so? I am glad they are raising stringency of Part B exams. I see a lot of local kids failing Part B too. These are the kids who pretend they have aptitude, come online on these forums to bash other schools for their failures. The profession as a whole should root out those without aptitude.

It should be blind to which school you came from. After all, there is a need to retain public confidence in the legal profession.

BOTH part A and B should reflect the pass rates in other jurisdictions.
Reply With Quote
  #12310 (permalink)  
Old 19-06-2021, 06:06 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Suspiciously, Part B has remained easy (driving with your eyes closed). Why so? I am glad they are raising stringency of Part B exams. I see a lot of local kids failing Part B too. These are the kids who pretend they have aptitude, come online on these forums to bash other schools for their failures. The profession as a whole should root out those without aptitude.

It should be blind to which school you came from. After all, there is a need to retain public confidence in the legal profession.

BOTH part A and B should reflect the pass rates in other jurisdictions.
Part A used to be 90% pass rate in 2010-2014. Same as Part B.

In fact, if Part A and local syllabus is equivalent, those who get 2.2s in local universities should be barred from practice until they can at least get a 2.1 standard.

Part B should be marked on a hidden bell curve to maintain a low pass rate. Problem solved. Parity and if you really suck whichever school you come from you can't practise.

Somehow, although Part A was made to gradually have a 30% pass rate (anecdotal), Part B retained its 90% pass rate until 2021. Lucky they are raising the standards of BOTH.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
advocate, law, lawyer, legal, solicitor

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
From Lawyer Insider: Life is Glamorous but Unsatisfying Salary.sg Income and Jobs 31 15-01-2018 12:40 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
How is HTX Associate Programme... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
34 Replies, 9,903 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,452 Replies, 1,402,719 Views
Fresh grad programmer earning... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
55 Replies, 14,891 Views
Working at Changi Business Park ( 1 2)
18 Replies, 7,314 Views
Compilation of MAs/Analysts Gross... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
825 Replies, 223,979 Views
DBS tech seed programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,121 Replies, 274,474 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,105 Replies, 553,781 Views
Perm job $2700 with 3 years...
3 Replies, 914 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
12,744 Replies, 7,501,048 Views
GovTech ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
516 Replies, 348,386 Views
DBS Graduate Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,069 Replies, 569,110 Views
CSA (Cyber Security Agency) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
250 Replies, 107,254 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,954 Replies, 1,816,103 Views
Can share your your car... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
38 Replies, 15,039 Views
Anyone work in JPM/GS/Morgan... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
70 Replies, 11,229 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
14,393 Replies, 4,847,173 Views
Anyone jobless for a long time... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,121 Replies, 1,332,300 Views
Unilever UFLP 2018 ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
82 Replies, 29,109 Views
UOB Management Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
482 Replies, 289,990 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,210 Replies, 2,600,534 Views
Exxon Mobil Equipment tech or... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,880 Replies, 630,549 Views
Queries about Cpib application ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,296 Replies, 653,784 Views
Working in a bank ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
531 Replies, 344,253 Views
NCS (SingTel subsidiary) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
577 Replies, 459,690 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,942 Replies, 1,466,026 Views
How rich/poor am I compared to... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
86 Replies, 73,410 Views
Mnc jobs - a must in life ?? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
176 Replies, 69,555 Views
Grab Finance Graduate Programme... ( 1 2 3)
23 Replies, 2,448 Views
MAS for Mid Career Professionals ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
519 Replies, 297,604 Views
Whats your net worth ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,852 Replies, 969,947 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 07:49 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2