Lawyer Salary - Page 1230 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Lawyer Salary

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #12291 (permalink)  
Old 19-06-2021, 01:11 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
If you are a genius, 1 attempt.

If you are above-average, 2 attempts.

If you are average, 3 attempts.

If you fail at the 3rd attempt, I earnestly suggest that you choose another career path and not waste anymore time on law.
1 attempt means genius?? 3 attempts means average?? Has the standard fallen so sharply? I thought with the delisting of all the buay kan law schools the quality of overseas grads will be better, but apparently not so

In my day, if you failed part A, you are considered cmi. That's grounds for immediate non retention by most big law firms. Who would trust a trainee who failed a run of the mill, non bell curved, just-need-to-pass-only exam? If you failed on second attempt, you should seriously consider giving up law.

Didn't know the grad quality nowadays have sunk so low.



Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills


SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote
  #12292 (permalink)  
Old 19-06-2021, 03:14 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
1 attempt means genius?? 3 attempts means average?? Has the standard fallen so sharply? I thought with the delisting of all the buay kan law schools the quality of overseas grads will be better, but apparently not so

In my day, if you failed part A, you are considered cmi. That's grounds for immediate non retention by most big law firms. Who would trust a trainee who failed a run of the mill, non bell curved, just-need-to-pass-only exam? If you failed on second attempt, you should seriously consider giving up law.

Didn't know the grad quality nowadays have sunk so low.
Hopefully Part B is made harder

I don't see why Part A/B should be easier than passing driving. In my days you fail Part B it is grounds for rage quitting law

Reply With Quote
  #12293 (permalink)  
Old 19-06-2021, 05:54 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hopefully Part B is made harder

I don't see why Part A/B should be easier than passing driving. In my days you fail Part B it is grounds for rage quitting law
Ppl talking about part a you comment on part b. Ppl talking about failing part a the firm straight away will kick you out of TC you commenting on ppl rage quitting law. Buddy you ok?

Reply With Quote
  #12294 (permalink)  
Old 19-06-2021, 07:12 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Ppl talking about part a you comment on part b. Ppl talking about failing part a the firm straight away will kick you out of TC you commenting on ppl rage quitting law. Buddy you ok?
Must be a boomer partner who misplaced his reading glasses, the kind who got rich off keeping NQ pay the same 5k for the last ten years while BTO housing prices doubled
Reply With Quote
  #12295 (permalink)  
Old 19-06-2021, 11:51 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
1 attempt means genius?? 3 attempts means average?? Has the standard fallen so sharply? I thought with the delisting of all the buay kan law schools the quality of overseas grads will be better, but apparently not so

In my day, if you failed part A, you are considered cmi. That's grounds for immediate non retention by most big law firms. Who would trust a trainee who failed a run of the mill, non bell curved, just-need-to-pass-only exam? If you failed on second attempt, you should seriously consider giving up law.

Didn't know the grad quality nowadays have sunk so low.
They increased the standard for part A to fail more people on purpose la. Don't think you are better than them please, in your day part A/B was just a rite of passage. Now the SG govt wants to delist some Aussie Unis but can't because of our FTA, so part A is their way to curb the influx.
Reply With Quote
  #12296 (permalink)  
Old 19-06-2021, 11:58 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I failed Part B how ah? Crim pro.

My Mid Size never retain me... I'm now looking at Chinatown.
Reply With Quote

  #12297 (permalink)  
Old 19-06-2021, 12:43 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

All those who fail part A or B should be put on notice, cecas are highly efficient and are willing and capable of taking your jobs.

s://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/threads/dbs-refunded-me-thank-you-cecas-for-being-so-efficient.6539814/
Reply With Quote
  #12298 (permalink)  
Old 19-06-2021, 12:54 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
They increased the standard for part A to fail more people on purpose la. Don't think you are better than them please, in your day part A/B was just a rite of passage. Now the SG govt wants to delist some Aussie Unis but can't because of our FTA, so part A is their way to curb the influx.
As they should. So sick of the poor standards of these foreign uni grads. Note that my gripe is with the foreign grads, not the unis themselves. Unfortunately, the majority of those Singaporean students that study in these schools just don't have what it takes to practice at the required level.

In my view, foreign unis should be limited to Oxbridge, LSE, UCL, Melbourne, Sydney and UNSW, and the US schools. Full stop. Sick of having to babysit subpar NQs.
Reply With Quote
  #12299 (permalink)  
Old 19-06-2021, 12:54 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I failed Part B how ah? Crim pro.

My Mid Size never retain me... I'm now looking at Chinatown.
Die i failed acp twice
Reply With Quote
  #12300 (permalink)  
Old 19-06-2021, 12:55 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Die i failed acp twice
Can I recommend you to Tan Ah K Chambers
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
advocate, law, lawyer, legal, solicitor

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
From Lawyer Insider: Life is Glamorous but Unsatisfying Salary.sg Income and Jobs 31 15-01-2018 12:40 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,669 Replies, 1,282,379 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
13,728 Replies, 4,616,592 Views
DBS tech seed programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
868 Replies, 223,325 Views
Starting Pay for CS/Ministries... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
238 Replies, 109,353 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,071 Replies, 2,525,942 Views
Pacific Century CyberWorks (PCCW)
1 Replies, 33 Views
MAS for Mid Career Professionals ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
477 Replies, 273,109 Views
IMDA (under MCI) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
118 Replies, 57,808 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
12,592 Replies, 7,347,834 Views
How much are you earning per annum? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
12,697 Replies, 4,355,875 Views
Working Culture in IRAS ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
56 Replies, 86,407 Views
All about Home Affairs Senior... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
182 Replies, 208,126 Views
UOB Management Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
441 Replies, 275,663 Views
Work culture in IHiS ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
146 Replies, 137,356 Views
Hospital (Private or Public)... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
87 Replies, 22,891 Views
If you can't find a company here... ( 1 2)
11 Replies, 1,503 Views
Visa Inc
0 Replies, 34 Views
Shopee
0 Replies, 50 Views
Food Panda
1 Replies, 52 Views
Asset Management Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
30 Replies, 3,820 Views
DBS Bank
0 Replies, 52 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,334 Replies, 574,241 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,007 Replies, 2,503,095 Views
Comp Science Frsh Grad Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
627 Replies, 99,651 Views
HDB (under MND) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
459 Replies, 370,296 Views
Citibank Singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
136 Replies, 100,339 Views
Top paying companies in SG for... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
84 Replies, 134,437 Views
Perm to contract, increase > 2k... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
32 Replies, 4,497 Views
Jumping from Stat Board into...
4 Replies, 346 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 10:22 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2