Lawyer Salary - Page 1223 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Lawyer Salary

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #12221 (permalink)  
Old 12-06-2021, 02:08 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Official rankings

NUS > HYPS, Camford

Reply With Quote
  #12222 (permalink)  
Old 12-06-2021, 03:11 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
For people like you dealing with low value commoditized crap work, sure I agree you should be paid peanuts. For the rest of us literally billing 3 or 4 times our current salaries in reputable firms and bringing in phat stacks for our firms, we're definitely way underpaid.
lmao anyone who's ever taxed a b4 bill of costs has to be dying with laughter from this comment

you're scrolling thru manga or ig at 2am for $250/hr to the client, the grab food rider bringing you your acai bowl deservedly makes more than you and better yet didnt have to waste 4yrs of his life and quarter mill of daddy's money to get white girl herpes and some piece of paper you proudly call an llb (hons)

Reply With Quote
  #12223 (permalink)  
Old 12-06-2021, 03:29 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Are you saying you need a LLB specifically to be able to do the law work in the firm?
You serious??
You serious?? Your bar qualifications fake? Bro I sincerely hope you can learn how to value yourself man that 2k job at tan ah kow LLP ainít it. Then again, if you are able to type this string of words with such gusto and arrogance, maybe you do deserve the 2k job with TAK LLP. Congrats!

Reply With Quote
  #12224 (permalink)  
Old 12-06-2021, 04:49 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
You serious?? Your bar qualifications fake? Bro I sincerely hope you can learn how to value yourself man that 2k job at tan ah kow LLP ainít it. Then again, if you are able to type this string of words with such gusto and arrogance, maybe you do deserve the 2k job with TAK LLP. Congrats!
All these posters making reference to Milbank and then worse, using some statistics from the UK, or meme forums/Reddit etc, pls wake up. There is no short squeeze here.
Anyway salaries wonít go up. This forum existed since 2009. Do you see salaries going up? No. And I think with automation and all it will go down.
Reply With Quote
  #12225 (permalink)  
Old 12-06-2021, 04:55 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
://abovethelaw.com/2021/05/law-firm-consolidation-perpetually-out-of-reach/
Wow top 4 firms according to this article:
Kirkland, Latham, DLA Piper, Baker McKenzie

Why why why am I not surprised.
I donít see the big 5 here. BMÖ
Reply With Quote
  #12226 (permalink)  
Old 12-06-2021, 05:08 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Really sad that juniors on this forum fixated on money money money.

Law is a profession like the apprentice.
You train under a good mentor for a stipend. You learn a craft for a lifetime.
If one chases after money, then there is no nobility in the work.

Law is one of the oldest profession in the world, existing long before doctors existed.

Itís sad that comparison with a few internationals and then law folks here assume that is what everyone else is paid.

Do you know how many lawyers in the UK/US are doing PI kind of work as lawyers? Do they whine and ask why they are not in the white shoe etc? Because someone has to do the job, and they believe in the nobility of the legal profession.
Reply With Quote

  #12227 (permalink)  
Old 12-06-2021, 12:13 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
All these posters making reference to Milbank and then worse, using some statistics from the UK, or meme forums/Reddit etc, pls wake up. There is no short squeeze here.
Anyway salaries wonít go up. This forum existed since 2009. Do you see salaries going up? No. And I think with automation and all it will go down.
How to join politics? Seems like the only stable and high-paying jobs left for LLB holders are in politics and civil service. Local politics jobs at least not in high demand so lower entry criteria. Iron rice bowl job plus possible a million pa if you 'make partner' ie become minister. What else am I missing??
Reply With Quote
  #12228 (permalink)  
Old 12-06-2021, 12:21 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Really sad that juniors on this forum fixated on money money money.

Law is a profession like the apprentice.
You train under a good mentor for a stipend. You learn a craft for a lifetime.
If one chases after money, then there is no nobility in the work.

Law is one of the oldest profession in the world, existing long before doctors existed.

Itís sad that comparison with a few internationals and then law folks here assume that is what everyone else is paid.

Do you know how many lawyers in the UK/US are doing PI kind of work as lawyers? Do they whine and ask why they are not in the white shoe etc? Because someone has to do the job, and they believe in the nobility of the legal profession.
Its a bold assumption to say that PI lawyers believe in the "nobility" of the legal profession. Ever heard of the term ambulance-chasers?

Do you know how much the top plaintiff lawyers in the US make? Easily several times more than senior rainmakers in the top white shoe firms. They are legends.

In Singapore, I bet you don't know how much the founder of Hoh Law Corporation makes. It is A LOT. Yes, that Hoh Law that law students all look down on. He's literally a businessman, not a lawyer.

These people do crap law work not because of some sense of "nobility" but because they didnt have the inclination or grades to get in the top corporate firms. But in the end it doesn't matter because if they're good, they will make it rain either way.


Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills


SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote
  #12229 (permalink)  
Old 12-06-2021, 01:07 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I suspect the future of law would be like that.

The very top (fch, deans list, commendation list) will always have a job. Whether in house, practice or govt.

The middle will hollow out.

Those with applied learning (eg TP dip law paralegals) will eventually be highly employable. They will do a lot of the work that require support.

Some posters said earlier that you need legal training to dispense legal advice. True. But what if the AI bot can do it far better and with less mistakes. The partner just need the paralegal to check once over and sign off.

So I donít know in this new business model, is there a future for being mediocre?
Reply With Quote
  #12230 (permalink)  
Old 12-06-2021, 01:22 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I suspect the future of law would be like that.

The very top (fch, deans list, commendation list) will always have a job. Whether in house, practice or govt.

The middle will hollow out.

Those with applied learning (eg TP dip law paralegals) will eventually be highly employable. They will do a lot of the work that require support.

Some posters said earlier that you need legal training to dispense legal advice. True. But what if the AI bot can do it far better and with less mistakes. The partner just need the paralegal to check once over and sign off.

So I donít know in this new business model, is there a future for being mediocre?
Another idiot who doesn't know what AI and all these other new technologies can and cannot do... If I see another article from some gungho B4 associate writing about the "range of exciting legal use cases for Blockchain" who thinks he's cutting edge I'm actually gonna puke
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
advocate, law, lawyer, legal, solicitor

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
From Lawyer Insider: Life is Glamorous but Unsatisfying Salary.sg Income and Jobs 31 15-01-2018 12:40 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
Standard Chartered International... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
109 Replies, 83,908 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
15,480 Replies, 5,310,062 Views
UOB Management Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
599 Replies, 323,384 Views
How much are you earning per annum? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
13,032 Replies, 4,566,650 Views
Banks' Pay and Bonuses ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
445 Replies, 198,789 Views
AML/Compliance/KYC professionals... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,590 Replies, 789,615 Views
Singtel Management Associate... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
500 Replies, 184,928 Views
NCS (SingTel subsidiary) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
637 Replies, 497,904 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,988 Replies, 1,660,324 Views
GovTech ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,442 Replies, 457,154 Views
How rich/poor am I compared to... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
97 Replies, 90,676 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
13,284 Replies, 7,853,066 Views
DSTA (under Mindef) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,081 Replies, 795,482 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,314 Replies, 2,796,481 Views
Shopee fresh grad pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
191 Replies, 72,692 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,467 Replies, 684,211 Views
IMDA (under MCI) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
260 Replies, 97,450 Views
MAS for Mid Career Professionals ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
758 Replies, 367,985 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,191 Replies, 1,962,257 Views
NUS (National University of... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
149 Replies, 134,807 Views
OCBC Graduate Talent Programme... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
953 Replies, 313,762 Views
CSA (Cyber Security Agency) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
369 Replies, 130,790 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,442 Replies, 1,606,642 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,485 Replies, 2,749,486 Views
Cpf senior manager
4 Replies, 2,344 Views
Compilation of MAs/Analysts Gross... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
869 Replies, 265,902 Views
ITE Polytechnic Scheme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
137 Replies, 146,015 Views
Work culture in IHiS ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
208 Replies, 163,421 Views
Working Culture in IRAS ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
59 Replies, 99,403 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 12:02 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2