Lawyer Salary - Page 1194 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Lawyer Salary

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #11931 (permalink)  
Old 02-06-2021, 10:04 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Why would it matter to me if I don't even bother about them. All that matters is whether I have gamed the system and I get paid. I'm not there to stay anyways. And if they hate me isn't that good. They get even more riled up and their lives in distress whereas me enjoying my benefits and pay and having a louder last laugh.
Really sg pwn sg

Reply With Quote
  #11932 (permalink)  
Old 02-06-2021, 10:19 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
In my time, a baker trainee was minimally a fch.
But that was minimum, they would have other things such as distinctions in part b, prizes at uni level, deanís list for all years, etc.
********, it was never so good even in the preceding 10 years.

I had many friends who turned down baker because it's depts suck (liti cannot fight and corp nowhere near the top). Only those desperate for money or the fake "prestige" went there.

Because of connections etc, the positions were not all filled by 1st class honours (only CC does that). And their intakes has gradually started getting worse and worse from 5-7 years back, not just recently 1-2 years.

Reply With Quote
  #11933 (permalink)  
Old 02-06-2021, 10:45 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
********, it was never so good even in the preceding 10 years.

I had many friends who turned down baker because it's depts suck (liti cannot fight and corp nowhere near the top). Only those desperate for money or the fake "prestige" went there.

Because of connections etc, the positions were not all filled by 1st class honours (only CC does that). And their intakes has gradually started getting worse and worse from 5-7 years back, not just recently 1-2 years.
My classmates had initial interviews with their HR for TC and were told that grades aren't everything and even 2.2 may be possible as everything else apart from grades matter. Maybe their strategy is fairer now and less elitist?

Reply With Quote
  #11934 (permalink)  
Old 02-06-2021, 10:49 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
My classmates had initial interviews with their HR for TC and were told that grades aren't everything and even 2.2 may be possible as everything else apart from grades matter. Maybe their strategy is fairer now and less elitist?
I wouldnít know about now.
Iím talking about the trainee batch in jan 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
Canít comment about the rest of the years.
Reply With Quote
  #11935 (permalink)  
Old 02-06-2021, 11:04 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I wouldnít know about now.
Iím talking about the trainee batch in jan 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
Canít comment about the rest of the years.
Hmmm and you are ex baker joined in 2015 quit after 2018?
Reply With Quote
  #11936 (permalink)  
Old 02-06-2021, 11:11 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hmmm and you are ex baker joined in 2015 quit after 2018?
After 2018 or so, CC begin actively taking in Sg qualified trainees.
So then thereís competition
Reply With Quote

  #11937 (permalink)  
Old 02-06-2021, 11:38 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Bunch of wankers talking about grades and school

Absolutely retarded. If you are worth your salt, you are worth your salt.
Reply With Quote
  #11938 (permalink)  
Old 02-06-2021, 11:45 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Bunch of wankers talking about grades and school

Absolutely retarded. If you are worth your salt, you are worth your salt.
R u sexist n anti special needs ppl
Reply With Quote
  #11939 (permalink)  
Old 02-06-2021, 11:45 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Well said. Baker is analogous to Singapore in its hey days with home grown talent but now with liberalisation and cecas look wats happened to Singapore
But for your vote this would not have happened. You get the government and job you deserve.
Reply With Quote
  #11940 (permalink)  
Old 02-06-2021, 11:56 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
But for your vote this would not have happened. You get the government and job you deserve.
I did not have a chance to vote for or against cecas. Unlike you, apparently you are a MP with voting rights

Unlike you I don't have voting rights in baker too. Are you an equity partner there
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
advocate, law, lawyer, legal, solicitor

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
From Lawyer Insider: Life is Glamorous but Unsatisfying Salary.sg Income and Jobs 31 15-01-2018 12:40 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
18,154 Replies, 5,483,789 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
7,559 Replies, 3,624,575 Views
IMDA (under MCI) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,360 Replies, 701,063 Views
MAS for Mid Career Professionals ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,309 Replies, 1,168,281 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
8,115 Replies, 2,560,490 Views
DSTA (under Mindef) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,641 Replies, 1,473,792 Views
LTA (Land Transport Authority) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
887 Replies, 472,301 Views
DBS Graduate Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,303 Replies, 1,026,285 Views
NCS (SingTel subsidiary) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,510 Replies, 1,238,584 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
6,402 Replies, 3,973,556 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
11,725 Replies, 7,164,291 Views
Micron starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
709 Replies, 423,643 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,936 Replies, 1,663,386 Views
Ex-MOE Teachers ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
432 Replies, 527,037 Views
Factual Local Bank Salaries - DBS... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,936 Replies, 1,547,894 Views
DBS ACE Programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
164 Replies, 87,645 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
21,401 Replies, 10,804,747 Views
GIC offer ( 1 2 3)
21 Replies, 1,635 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
6,057 Replies, 4,903,191 Views
AML/Compliance/KYC professionals... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,866 Replies, 1,275,913 Views
HTX (Home Team Science and... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
941 Replies, 452,950 Views
Work culture in IHiS ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
791 Replies, 591,620 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
16,505 Replies, 12,918,268 Views
How much savings do you have? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,343 Replies, 845,897 Views
MOH Holdings ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
77 Replies, 52,483 Views
Hospital (Private or Public)... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
840 Replies, 481,452 Views
Compilation of MAs/Analysts Gross... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,271 Replies, 741,552 Views
ITE Polytechnic Scheme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
356 Replies, 402,845 Views
Queries about Cpib application ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,400 Replies, 933,935 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 05:40 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2