Lawyer Salary - Page 1179 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Lawyer Salary

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #11781 (permalink)  
Old 30-05-2021, 10:27 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
NUS student here who regretted getting caught up in the NUS law circlejerking in RJC and not going overseas to study law when my parents could afford to do so.
I feel that Singapore is going downhill over the years. Ten years ago B4 NQ average pay is 5k now its still 5k. Meanwhile BTO price was 300k ten years ago now 600k. In real terms that means the B4 NQ pay in 2021 is 2.5k of 2011 dollars.

I think the overseas UK/AU grads will have the last laugh over NUS/SMU grads as at least they can lateral into UK/AU firms when the Singapore economy collapse.
Imagine going from RJC to NUS though lmao. From the best institution in Singapore to average.

I myself am RJC to Harvard AB. Next to me, you should consider yourself a failure.

Reply With Quote
  #11782 (permalink)  
Old 30-05-2021, 10:50 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
NUS student here who regretted getting caught up in the NUS law circlejerking in RJC and not going overseas to study law when my parents could afford to do so.
I feel that Singapore is going downhill over the years. Ten years ago B4 NQ average pay is 5k now its still 5k. Meanwhile BTO price was 300k ten years ago now 600k. In real terms that means the B4 NQ pay in 2021 is 2.5k of 2011 dollars.

I think the overseas UK/AU grads will have the last laugh over NUS/SMU grads as at least they can lateral into UK/AU firms when the Singapore economy collapse.
The reality is that it is a bad time to enter into the profession, wake up and sober up. It is a bad time to do anything, from getting a job to getting a gf. What you should do to lessen chances of failures is to have a non-interventionist approach in this flaw system and not rock the boat. Just sit down, relax and let things come to you. Don’t hustle, don’t believe that hard work is everything. If CECA or foreign grads take your jobs, let it be, nothing is worth sacrificing your mental health for. Because doomsday might be coming soon, so enjoy life and take it easy.

Reply With Quote
  #11783 (permalink)  
Old 30-05-2021, 12:38 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Imagine going from RJC to NUS though lmao. From the best institution in Singapore to average.

I myself am RJC to Harvard AB. Next to me, you should consider yourself a failure.
The Harvard guy again. Really annoying

Reply With Quote
  #11784 (permalink)  
Old 30-05-2021, 12:46 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
NUS student here who regretted getting caught up in the NUS law circlejerking in RJC and not going overseas to study law when my parents could afford to do so.
I feel that Singapore is going downhill over the years. Ten years ago B4 NQ average pay is 5k now its still 5k. Meanwhile BTO price was 300k ten years ago now 600k. In real terms that means the B4 NQ pay in 2021 is 2.5k of 2011 dollars.

I think the overseas UK/AU grads will have the last laugh over NUS/SMU grads as at least they can lateral into UK/AU firms when the Singapore economy collapse.
Go duke NUS medicine.
Reply With Quote
  #11785 (permalink)  
Old 30-05-2021, 01:52 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
The Harvard guy again. Really annoying
He's not even telling the truth LOL just ignore him
Reply With Quote
  #11786 (permalink)  
Old 30-05-2021, 01:57 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

It's kinda funny watching NUS get pwned.

Please continue.
Reply With Quote

  #11787 (permalink)  
Old 30-05-2021, 03:19 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

If wages are stagnated but BTO prices increasing, then wouldn’t it make sense to get married at 23 during law school rather than marry a decade later at 33?
It seems in the 10 years property prices have doubled.
Reply With Quote
  #11788 (permalink)  
Old 30-05-2021, 03:33 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
If wages are stagnated but BTO prices increasing, then wouldn’t it make sense to get married at 23 during law school rather than marry a decade later at 33?
It seems in the 10 years property prices have doubled.
I hope you are kidding, are you seriously advocating marriage for the sake of financial security? Have Singapore regressed back to the time where arranged marriage was a thing? Is this or are you a new South Asian import with such cultural leanings?

TS the RJC->NUS law kid has a point that B4 law pay and career prospects has stagnated in tandem with a decline in the Singapore's economy over the years, that requires addressing by current and future stakeholders in the legal industry instead of going on a tangent about getting married at 23 during law school!
Reply With Quote
  #11789 (permalink)  
Old 30-05-2021, 04:00 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I hope you are kidding, are you seriously advocating marriage for the sake of financial security? Have Singapore regressed back to the time where arranged marriage was a thing? Is this or are you a new South Asian import with such cultural leanings?

TS the RJC->NUS law kid has a point that B4 law pay and career prospects has stagnated in tandem with a decline in the Singapore's economy over the years, that requires addressing by current and future stakeholders in the legal industry instead of going on a tangent about getting married at 23 during law school!
Or ask parents to donate an apartment to u la. That's what most people do anyways. Mummy pls pay for my oxbridge. Daddy pls help me with my condo.
Reply With Quote
  #11790 (permalink)  
Old 30-05-2021, 04:16 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Or ask parents to donate an apartment to u la. That's what most people do anyways. Mummy pls pay for my oxbridge. Daddy pls help me with my condo.
If Parents are both lawyers or doctors, of course no problem.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
advocate, law, lawyer, legal, solicitor

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
From Lawyer Insider: Life is Glamorous but Unsatisfying Salary.sg Income and Jobs 31 15-01-2018 12:40 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
20,881 Replies, 10,176,543 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
10,240 Replies, 6,375,370 Views
MAS for Mid Career Professionals ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,755 Replies, 1,010,026 Views
Factual Local Bank Salaries - DBS... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,744 Replies, 1,347,777 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
16,242 Replies, 12,280,534 Views
DBS Graduate Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,294 Replies, 983,696 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
6,070 Replies, 3,671,174 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
14,650 Replies, 4,845,322 Views
DBS tech seed programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,755 Replies, 1,471,904 Views
SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
6,916 Replies, 2,875,970 Views
DSTA (under Mindef) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,395 Replies, 1,339,710 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,780 Replies, 4,571,924 Views
LTA (Land Transport Authority) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
621 Replies, 360,137 Views
Shopee fresh grad pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,022 Replies, 423,458 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
7,177 Replies, 3,320,154 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,640 Replies, 1,491,063 Views
Aon Centre for Innovation and...
7 Replies, 5,582 Views
Job Application with MOE... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
482 Replies, 616,915 Views
Singapore Airlines ( 1 2)
18 Replies, 9,330 Views
Work culture in IHiS ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
704 Replies, 522,112 Views
CSA (Cyber Security Agency) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
884 Replies, 481,680 Views
HTX (Home Team Science and... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
633 Replies, 319,023 Views
Jobs with travel opportunities
9 Replies, 3,852 Views
Salary ranges in Big Tech in...
2 Replies, 653 Views
A*Star (Agency for Science,... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
37 Replies, 97,250 Views
Anyone work in JPM/GS/Morgan... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
414 Replies, 155,853 Views
GovTech ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,963 Replies, 2,090,475 Views
GIC (Government of Singapore... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
418 Replies, 710,659 Views
Tuv Sud (TÜV SÜD)
2 Replies, 2,458 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
7,064 Replies, 2,239,783 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 08:58 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2