Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Lawyer Salary (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/771-lawyer-salary.html)

Unregistered 22-05-2021 12:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 169879)
Doing well in practice.

They should be culled in favour of others who passed

Unregistered 22-05-2021 03:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 169849)
what is the level of preparation needed to pass part A/B? personally failed a paper (evidence) twice in part A and am struggling with how to proceed from here. it is the only subject that is hindering me to move on to part B. tried to change my study techniques but it didn't work when I retook. what do examiners look out for to pass? are there any other resources available apart from attending the course? have considered just giving up to be called altogether and applying for other non-legal roles... at a loss now. any kind soul willing to share their experience? thank you and I greatly appreciate any advise.

read every case that they list and make your own notes. then get as many past papers with the answer guide and go through them - it lets you know what are the issues you're expected to spot. If you can spot all the major issues I don't see why you'd fail. All the best.

Unregistered 22-05-2021 03:06 AM

Any thoughts on whether A&G or WongP would be a better place to train for M&A? Looking for good training but ideally no toxic culture

Unregistered 22-05-2021 03:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 169901)

Show me your badge

Unregistered 22-05-2021 03:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 169901)

I take umbrage. I got into the dean's list and yet I failed criminal procedure.

Unregistered 22-05-2021 03:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 169910)
I take umbrage. I got into the dean's list and yet I failed criminal procedure.

How come dean’s list so weak? Most NUS dean’s list are able to get 1-3 distinctions in part b.

Unregistered 22-05-2021 03:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 169908)
Any thoughts on whether A&G or WongP would be a better place to train for M&A? Looking for good training but ideally no toxic culture

Go to Baker or CC

Unregistered 22-05-2021 03:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 169912)
Go to Baker or CC

If I join Baker and write my NY bar, is there any chance that I can be transferred to one of their US offices (perhaps as a senior associate)?

Unregistered 22-05-2021 03:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 169914)
If I join Baker and write my NY bar, is there any chance that I can be transferred to one of their US offices (perhaps as a senior associate)?

No cannot. Surviving in there is tough enough.
Look out for backstabbing

Unregistered 22-05-2021 04:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 169911)
How come dean’s list so weak? Most NUS dean’s list are able to get 1-3 distinctions in part b.

I think I never finish the questions.