Lawyer Salary - Page 1136 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Lawyer Salary

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #11351 (permalink)  
Old 17-05-2021, 08:06 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

How do firms view ppl who werenít retained elsewhere when you apply

Reply With Quote
  #11352 (permalink)  
Old 17-05-2021, 08:09 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
If you're so good, why don't you actually talk to the people in international firms (in SG or otherwise)?

An NUS/SMU law student in Singapore, who's never even stepped foot into those places, isn't qualified to talk about the type of people they hire.
Yes yes. And the macquaries are qualified. Seriously peeps aren't you aggrieved. We study so hard to have a shot in little red dot and yet they can have a better pay and life than us. Isn't this something Min Law should look at?

Reply With Quote
  #11353 (permalink)  
Old 17-05-2021, 08:49 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Which firms pay fairly in the current climate?

Reply With Quote
  #11354 (permalink)  
Old 17-05-2021, 08:51 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Which firms pay fairly in the current climate?
Baker pays fairly
Reply With Quote
  #11355 (permalink)  
Old 17-05-2021, 08:52 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Yes yes. And the macquaries are qualified. Seriously peeps aren't you aggrieved. We study so hard to have a shot in little red dot and yet they can have a better pay and life than us. Isn't this something Min Law should look at?
Shut up u shd be ashamed for losing to macquaries.
Reply With Quote
  #11356 (permalink)  
Old 17-05-2021, 09:35 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
If you're so good, why don't you actually talk to the people in international firms (in SG or otherwise)?

An NUS/SMU law student in Singapore, who's never even stepped foot into those places, isn't qualified to talk about the type of people they hire.
True. Worked with so many sg firm corporate lawyers that have world class marketing but zero value add on deals. Can quote a wall of law but canít give an answer the client wants. Frogs in a well need to learn that their academic achievements of yesteryears doesnít make them any more qualified than a layman if they canít dispense practical advice.
Reply With Quote

  #11357 (permalink)  
Old 17-05-2021, 11:18 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
True. Worked with so many sg firm corporate lawyers that have world class marketing but zero value add on deals. Can quote a wall of law but canít give an answer the client wants. Frogs in a well need to learn that their academic achievements of yesteryears doesnít make them any more qualified than a layman if they canít dispense practical advice.
I second this. If you can't even dispense practical advice to clients you're not employable. Period. Regardless of which school you came from.

If you can't pass Part B which in my view is even more egregious since it's a known fact it's ez the same reasoning applies.
Reply With Quote
  #11358 (permalink)  
Old 17-05-2021, 11:56 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Don't patronise me. Why don't you join baker and see if you are still laughing in 1 month at the injustice
So salty about unis that are not on the list. If you lose to grads from these unis which you keep whining about then either you lack ability or your superiors are idiots. So which is it?
Reply With Quote
  #11359 (permalink)  
Old 18-05-2021, 12:41 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
So salty about unis that are not on the list. If you lose to grads from these unis which you keep whining about then either you lack ability or your superiors are idiots. So which is it?
I can't answer as my superiors trawl the forums.
Reply With Quote
  #11360 (permalink)  
Old 18-05-2021, 11:03 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
How to survive w 2-3 hrs
just tell yourself in the shower each morning that you're doing God's work
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
advocate, law, lawyer, legal, solicitor

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
From Lawyer Insider: Life is Glamorous but Unsatisfying Salary.sg Income and Jobs 31 15-01-2018 12:40 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
7,747 Replies, 4,813,067 Views
DBS tech seed programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,015 Replies, 1,040,971 Views
Civil Service Performance Bonus ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,662 Replies, 3,785,230 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,816 Replies, 2,501,631 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
15,279 Replies, 10,669,957 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,950 Replies, 1,582,953 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
19,062 Replies, 8,364,546 Views
DSTA (under Mindef) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,315 Replies, 1,071,029 Views
Digital Academy Program at ST...
6 Replies, 932 Views
How much are you earning per annum? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
13,744 Replies, 5,850,793 Views
Compilation of MAs/Analysts Gross... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,218 Replies, 549,233 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,281 Replies, 2,964,881 Views
SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
6,802 Replies, 2,507,346 Views
Whats your net worth ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,928 Replies, 1,269,633 Views
CSA (Cyber Security Agency) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
668 Replies, 316,519 Views
Dso & htx
9 Replies, 1,493 Views
Rakuten Software Engineer (Fresh...
6 Replies, 1,254 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,291 Replies, 1,124,430 Views
HTX (Home Team Science and... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
171 Replies, 86,643 Views
GovTech ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,604 Replies, 1,302,062 Views
Credit Suisse salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
50 Replies, 26,907 Views
Singapore Airlines
5 Replies, 1,162 Views
MOH Holdings ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
44 Replies, 18,059 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
10,072 Replies, 3,594,925 Views
IBM salaries ( 1 2)
14 Replies, 1,466 Views
LTA (Land Transport Authority) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
310 Replies, 204,347 Views
merit increment in civil service ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
105 Replies, 157,715 Views
Management Consultant in Singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
42 Replies, 92,112 Views
DBS Graduate Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,235 Replies, 841,876 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 11:43 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2