Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Lawyer Salary (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/771-lawyer-salary.html)

Unregistered 17-05-2021 08:06 PM

How do firms view ppl who weren’t retained elsewhere when you apply

Unregistered 17-05-2021 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 169231)
If you're so good, why don't you actually talk to the people in international firms (in SG or otherwise)?

An NUS/SMU law student in Singapore, who's never even stepped foot into those places, isn't qualified to talk about the type of people they hire.

Yes yes. And the macquaries are qualified. Seriously peeps aren't you aggrieved. We study so hard to have a shot in little red dot and yet they can have a better pay and life than us. Isn't this something Min Law should look at?

Unregistered 17-05-2021 08:49 PM

Which firms pay fairly in the current climate?

Unregistered 17-05-2021 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 169240)
Which firms pay fairly in the current climate?

Baker pays fairly

Unregistered 17-05-2021 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 169235)
Yes yes. And the macquaries are qualified. Seriously peeps aren't you aggrieved. We study so hard to have a shot in little red dot and yet they can have a better pay and life than us. Isn't this something Min Law should look at?

Shut up u shd be ashamed for losing to macquaries.

Unregistered 17-05-2021 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 169231)
If you're so good, why don't you actually talk to the people in international firms (in SG or otherwise)?

An NUS/SMU law student in Singapore, who's never even stepped foot into those places, isn't qualified to talk about the type of people they hire.

True. Worked with so many sg firm corporate lawyers that have world class marketing but zero value add on deals. Can quote a wall of law but can’t give an answer the client wants. Frogs in a well need to learn that their academic achievements of yesteryears doesn’t make them any more qualified than a layman if they can’t dispense practical advice.

Unregistered 17-05-2021 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 169245)
True. Worked with so many sg firm corporate lawyers that have world class marketing but zero value add on deals. Can quote a wall of law but can’t give an answer the client wants. Frogs in a well need to learn that their academic achievements of yesteryears doesn’t make them any more qualified than a layman if they can’t dispense practical advice.

I second this. If you can't even dispense practical advice to clients you're not employable. Period. Regardless of which school you came from.

If you can't pass Part B which in my view is even more egregious since it's a known fact it's ez the same reasoning applies.

Unregistered 17-05-2021 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 169072)
Don't patronise me. Why don't you join baker and see if you are still laughing in 1 month at the injustice

So salty about unis that are not on the list. If you lose to grads from these unis which you keep whining about then either you lack ability or your superiors are idiots. So which is it?

Unregistered 18-05-2021 12:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 169260)
So salty about unis that are not on the list. If you lose to grads from these unis which you keep whining about then either you lack ability or your superiors are idiots. So which is it?

I can't answer as my superiors trawl the forums.

Unregistered 18-05-2021 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 169202)
How to survive w 2-3 hrs

just tell yourself in the shower each morning that you're doing God's work