Lawyer Salary - Page 1117 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Lawyer Salary

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #11161 (permalink)  
Old 07-05-2021, 06:00 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Who is this lawyer getting sued for child maintenance from his wife?

"The Father, on the other hand, was from a lower-income family where his elderly parents were retired and required financial support.[note: 6] Before starting work as a lawyer, he had spent some time completing his studies and took out study loans to do so.[note: 7] He first obtained a degree in Building, and later went on to complete a second degree in Law. It was not disputed that the Father had been in substantial debt since his first Building degree,[note: 8] and it was the Mother who had supported the Father financially prior to the marriage to assist him with his loans.[note: 9] The Mother had also paid for the Fatherís share of wedding expenses, when he used up the monetary gifts from their wedding guests and did not have sufficient funds to pay the vendors.[note: 10] Although the Father now earns a substantial income of $15,000/month as a partner in a major law firm, he continues to face a considerable amount of fixed monthly liabilities (including loan repayments)."

s://.lawnet.sg/lawnet/web/lawnet/free-resources?p_p_id=freeresources_WAR_lawnet3baseport let&p_p_lifecycle=1&p_p_state=normal&p_p_mode=view &p_p_col_id=column-1&p_p_col_pos=2&p_p_col_count=3&_freeresources_WAR _lawnet3baseportlet_action=openContentPage&_freere sources_WAR_lawnet3baseportlet_docId=/Judgment/25946-SSP.xml

Reply With Quote
  #11162 (permalink)  
Old 07-05-2021, 06:09 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Who is this lawyer getting sued for child maintenance from his wife?

"The Father, on the other hand, was from a lower-income family where his elderly parents were retired and required financial support.[note: 6] Before starting work as a lawyer, he had spent some time completing his studies and took out study loans to do so.[note: 7] He first obtained a degree in Building, and later went on to complete a second degree in Law. It was not disputed that the Father had been in substantial debt since his first Building degree,[note: 8] and it was the Mother who had supported the Father financially prior to the marriage to assist him with his loans.[note: 9] The Mother had also paid for the Fatherís share of wedding expenses, when he used up the monetary gifts from their wedding guests and did not have sufficient funds to pay the vendors.[note: 10] Although the Father now earns a substantial income of $15,000/month as a partner in a major law firm, he continues to face a considerable amount of fixed monthly liabilities (including loan repayments)."

s://.lawnet.sg/lawnet/web/lawnet/free-resources?p_p_id=freeresources_WAR_lawnet3baseport let&p_p_lifecycle=1&p_p_state=normal&p_p_mode=view &p_p_col_id=column-1&p_p_col_pos=2&p_p_col_count=3&_freeresources_WAR _lawnet3baseportlet_action=openContentPage&_freere sources_WAR_lawnet3baseportlet_docId=/Judgment/25946-SSP.xml
There are very very few lawyers with a degree in Building. Heads up, major law firm is a giveaway.

Reply With Quote
  #11163 (permalink)  
Old 07-05-2021, 06:17 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

major law firm partner only 15k/mth!??!?

Reply With Quote
  #11164 (permalink)  
Old 07-05-2021, 06:18 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
There are very very few lawyers with a degree in Building. Heads up, major law firm is a giveaway.
So big 4 or big 5 lawyer practising construction law?
Reply With Quote
  #11165 (permalink)  
Old 07-05-2021, 06:20 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
So big 4 or big 5 lawyer practising construction law?
I already located him (or what I think is him).

It's outside "Big 5". It is telling because the degree is in Building and not Engineering.
Reply With Quote
  #11166 (permalink)  
Old 07-05-2021, 06:50 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
No wonder the cream of the crop go to Magic Circle law firms and the Singaporean qualified lawyers posting crap here are behaving like kids.

Wonder what clients who engage Big 4 firms will think if they discover that the 25-26 year old junior associates of these firms are behaving like manchilds online.
I take umbrage. Big 4 is better than Magick Cercle
Reply With Quote

  #11167 (permalink)  
Old 07-05-2021, 07:16 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
No wonder the cream of the crop go to Magic Circle law firms and the Singaporean qualified lawyers posting crap here are behaving like kids.

Wonder what clients who engage Big 4 firms will think if they discover that the 25-26 year old junior associates of these firms are behaving like manchilds online.
why poster calling himself a kid? donít cry I give you care bear. Let me know which firm youíre at so that I can deliver it to you
Reply With Quote
  #11168 (permalink)  
Old 07-05-2021, 07:33 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

For a run of the mill typical smu/nus law grad, what is the part b pass rate like?
And how easy is it to get retained by firm?


Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills


SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote
  #11169 (permalink)  
Old 07-05-2021, 07:54 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I already located him (or what I think is him).

It's outside "Big 5". It is telling because the degree is in Building and not Engineering.

No I think you're wrong. I think I know who it is.

The judgment described it correctly. "major law firm" means "major"

The more important point is that if $15K is the salary of a young partner in a "major" Singapore law firm, is it really lousy. I would've thought that would be the pay of a partner in a mid tier firm. International firm assocs are paid more than that. No wonder all want to jump offshore.
Reply With Quote
  #11170 (permalink)  
Old 07-05-2021, 08:24 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
major law firm partner only 15k/mth!??!?
Wa xia suay. NQ in any self respecting US firm already earn way more


Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills


SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
advocate, law, lawyer, legal, solicitor

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
From Lawyer Insider: Life is Glamorous but Unsatisfying Salary.sg Income and Jobs 31 15-01-2018 12:40 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
Top paying companies in SG for... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
83 Replies, 133,589 Views
Hospital (Private or Public)... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
75 Replies, 22,161 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
12,568 Replies, 7,339,801 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
13,685 Replies, 4,602,455 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,642 Replies, 1,276,252 Views
UOB Management Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
438 Replies, 274,080 Views
Banking - Back Office ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
239 Replies, 158,915 Views
Citibank Singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
135 Replies, 99,902 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,003 Replies, 2,498,514 Views
UBS Financial Services Industry... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
632 Replies, 139,358 Views
Jumping from Stat Board into...
1 Replies, 106 Views
IMDA (under MCI) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
114 Replies, 57,230 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,009 Replies, 520,655 Views
Exxon Mobil Equipment tech or... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,846 Replies, 607,816 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,748 Replies, 1,409,663 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,910 Replies, 1,747,117 Views
Starting Pay for CS/Ministries... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
233 Replies, 108,291 Views
How much are you earning per annum? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
12,682 Replies, 4,351,818 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,332 Replies, 571,487 Views
business analyst
1 Replies, 2,757 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,059 Replies, 2,521,387 Views
Perm to contract, increase > 2k... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
31 Replies, 4,248 Views
Comp Science Frsh Grad Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
625 Replies, 98,131 Views
DBS tech seed programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
867 Replies, 221,480 Views
AML/Compliance/KYC professionals... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,515 Replies, 730,993 Views
HDB (under MND) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
458 Replies, 369,673 Views
Anyone work in AVA Animal Health... ( 1 2)
14 Replies, 8,897 Views
Asset Management Salary ( 1 2 3)
25 Replies, 3,454 Views
DSTA (under Mindef) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,022 Replies, 737,837 Views
MAS for Mid Career Professionals ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
471 Replies, 272,206 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 01:21 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2