Lawyer Salary - Page 1074 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Lawyer Salary

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #10731 (permalink)  
Old 14-04-2021, 10:32 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
The top CS grads enter big tech. The top law grads enter international law firms

The top line CS grads still earn less than top line lawyers

Statistically speaking the odds are stacked against you getting a top CS job compared to law. At the mid tier, CS grads are also competing with CECAs, but lawyers aren't

So shove it
Every job a good job

Reply With Quote
  #10732 (permalink)  
Old 14-04-2021, 10:33 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Every job a good job
I am Mr Robot.

Reply With Quote
  #10733 (permalink)  
Old 14-04-2021, 10:55 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Lawyer is a **** job now. So sad, everyone used to want to go law but nowadays you rarely hear people say that HAHHA.

Crappy work-life balance, low pay, hard to study etc.

Reply With Quote
  #10734 (permalink)  
Old 15-04-2021, 04:51 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Good luck! I will keep you in my prayers
Care to elaborate? If itís pure long working hours then I think itís to be expected? After all youíre doing top grade work in high amounts
Reply With Quote
  #10735 (permalink)  
Old 15-04-2021, 12:00 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Care to elaborate? If itís pure long working hours then I think itís to be expected? After all youíre doing top grade work in high amounts
Someone alr elaborated above.


Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills


SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android


Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote
  #10736 (permalink)  
Old 15-04-2021, 12:01 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
The top CS grads enter big tech. The top law grads enter international law firms

The top line CS grads still earn less than top line lawyers

Statistically speaking the odds are stacked against you getting a top CS job compared to law. At the mid tier, CS grads are also competing with CECAs, but lawyers aren't

So shove it
Its only a matter of time before the government opens the floodgates to CECAs to compete for local law jobs like they have done with banking, engineers, doctors. Lawyers better prepare to drive grab soon.
Reply With Quote

  #10737 (permalink)  
Old 15-04-2021, 01:18 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Its only a matter of time before the government opens the floodgates to CECAs to compete for local law jobs like they have done with banking, engineers, doctors. Lawyers better prepare to drive grab soon.
LOL.

Even the EU, arguably the most liberal free movement regime in the world, has numerous barriers in the form of the Establishment Directive, the Services Ddirective, the double deontology principle, and numerous other unwritten cultural, language, trust and economic barriers to lawyers from one member state practising in another. And you want to talk about CECA lawyers practising here?

If you don't know what you're talking about, stop spouting dumb rubbish and go back to churning code under your CECA boss in back office Chennai Business Park.
Reply With Quote
  #10738 (permalink)  
Old 15-04-2021, 02:38 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
LOL.

Even the EU, arguably the most liberal free movement regime in the world, has numerous barriers in the form of the Establishment Directive, the Services Ddirective, the double deontology principle, and numerous other unwritten cultural, language, trust and economic barriers to lawyers from one member state practising in another. And you want to talk about CECA lawyers practising here?

If you don't know what you're talking about, stop spouting dumb rubbish and go back to churning code under your CECA boss in back office Chennai Business Park.
you are definitely learned in the law,,,i need lawyer IN THE STATE COURTS OF THE REPUBLIC OF SINGAPORE for help. Thank You


Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills


SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android


Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote
  #10739 (permalink)  
Old 15-04-2021, 02:41 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by unregistered View Post
you are definitely learned in the law,,,i need lawyer in the state courts of the republic of singapore for help. Thank you
sorry,,,,,,
Reply With Quote
  #10740 (permalink)  
Old 16-04-2021, 07:57 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

How much do patent attorneys make in Singapore? Iím thinking of pursuing a double degree in science and law.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
advocate, law, lawyer, legal, solicitor

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
From Lawyer Insider: Life is Glamorous but Unsatisfying Salary.sg Income and Jobs 31 15-01-2018 12:40 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
7,534 Replies, 2,357,470 Views
MAS for Mid Career Professionals ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,919 Replies, 1,069,993 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
7,312 Replies, 3,436,429 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
15,770 Replies, 5,055,332 Views
GovTech ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,480 Replies, 2,234,052 Views
NCS (SingTel subsidiary) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,339 Replies, 1,154,905 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
11,084 Replies, 6,784,624 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,788 Replies, 1,561,462 Views
IMDA (under MCI) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,272 Replies, 627,882 Views
Factual Local Bank Salaries - DBS... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,799 Replies, 1,428,351 Views
If you can't find a company here... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
141 Replies, 52,791 Views
HTX (Home Team Science and... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
805 Replies, 376,949 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
21,092 Replies, 10,407,503 Views
Julius Baer Graduate Program 2023 ( 1 2 3)
29 Replies, 15,840 Views
Civil Service Performance Bonus ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,421 Replies, 4,823,411 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,857 Replies, 4,695,307 Views
merit increment in civil service ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
275 Replies, 294,437 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
6,127 Replies, 3,770,082 Views
UOB Management Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,478 Replies, 798,987 Views
NTU (non-faculty) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
174 Replies, 217,952 Views
CSA (Cyber Security Agency) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
911 Replies, 520,792 Views
LTA (Land Transport Authority) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
717 Replies, 403,476 Views
OCBC Graduate Talent Programme... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,172 Replies, 652,561 Views
Stat Board (LTA, DSTA, HTX, DSO)... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
39 Replies, 44,132 Views
Job Application with MOE... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
490 Replies, 636,335 Views
Constituency Manager (People... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
994 Replies, 819,988 Views
Working Culture in IRAS ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
74 Replies, 168,493 Views
Compilation of MAs/Analysts Gross... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,266 Replies, 715,655 Views
Election Department job application
6 Replies, 3,551 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
16,387 Replies, 12,537,200 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 01:12 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2