Lawyer Salary - Page 107 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Lawyer Salary

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1061 (permalink)  
Old 29-08-2016, 11:14 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Anyone knows about the retention rates of mid sized firms? e.g. Harry E, Lee & Lee, TRC, TKQP, etc.

Reply With Quote
  #1062 (permalink)  
Old 29-08-2016, 04:52 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Anyone knows about the retention rates of mid sized firms? e.g. Harry E, Lee & Lee, TRC, TKQP, etc.
Around 50%

Reply With Quote
  #1063 (permalink)  
Old 30-08-2016, 10:08 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Wondering what is a fresh associate pay for those newly called to the bar. Great if we have a good sample size of big firms, mid sized and small firms.....

Reply With Quote
  #1064 (permalink)  
Old 31-08-2016, 12:32 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Real international firms pay >10k
Big 4 pays 5k to 5.8k
Medium-large pay 4.5-5.5k
Medium pay 4-5k
Small-medium pay 3.5-4.5k
Small pay 3-4K
Reply With Quote
  #1065 (permalink)  
Old 31-08-2016, 07:06 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Real international firms pay >10k
Big 4 pays 5k to 5.8k
Medium-large pay 4.5-5.5k
Medium pay 4-5k
Small-medium pay 3.5-4.5k
Small pay 3-4K
Not too sure if you read about the paralegal route for law grads. Ignore the international firms, but I guess law grads are going to look at a 2.5k salary for a couple of years before they get to become a full lawyer.
Pay will slowly go down.
Reply With Quote
  #1066 (permalink)  
Old 31-08-2016, 07:57 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

law grads will just leave the industry...why let firms exploit them for cheap labour when they can get at least 1.5x the pay of a paralegal in related fields like compliance? problem is that law grads seem to be fixated on the idea of being a lawyer....only to leave after 5-7 years
Reply With Quote

  #1067 (permalink)  
Old 31-08-2016, 10:45 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

The list actually begs the question of what exactly is a medium sized law firm in Singapore. 50 lawyers? Or 30 lawyers. LSRA actually classify 6-30 as medium, above 30 as large.

Okay going back to salary. I understand that those International firms are not expanding anymore so they are just taking trainees to maintain headcount. Besides the horrible hours, international firms also do RETRENCHMENT when times are bad. So yeah retrenchment of lawyers is pretty much unheard of local big firms.

Seriously? I think 4.2k is the minimum i will take for this rubbish job really. Otherwise i rather go work for a bank as mediocre analyst and use my qualifications to do pro bono.
Reply With Quote
  #1068 (permalink)  
Old 31-08-2016, 10:52 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
The list actually begs the question of what exactly is a medium sized law firm in Singapore. 50 lawyers? Or 30 lawyers. LSRA actually classify 6-30 as medium, above 30 as large.

Okay going back to salary. I understand that those International firms are not expanding anymore so they are just taking trainees to maintain headcount. Besides the horrible hours, international firms also do RETRENCHMENT when times are bad. So yeah retrenchment of lawyers is pretty much unheard of local big firms.

Seriously? I think 4.2k is the minimum i will take for this rubbish job really. Otherwise i rather go work for a bank as mediocre analyst and use my qualifications to do pro bono.
bank MAs earning 4k+ easily, compliance analysts earning mid to high 3s while working shorter hours...really no point being a lawyer if the pay isnt there

passion cannot eat
Reply With Quote
  #1069 (permalink)  
Old 31-08-2016, 11:01 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

The Sunday Times page which was on the new lawyers getting called focuses a lot on passion.
I guess that's why the pay is going to get lower. What they really want is people with genuine passion, who can put in the long hours.
Reply With Quote
  #1070 (permalink)  
Old 31-08-2016, 07:58 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
The Sunday Times page which was on the new lawyers getting called focuses a lot on passion.
I guess that's why the pay is going to get lower. What they really want is people with genuine passion, who can put in the long hours.
********. do u see corporate partners asking for passionate people? The authorities just refuse to admit their policy mistakes. Same people that increased supply to the legal market led to same mistakes with the third law school.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
advocate, law, lawyer, legal, solicitor

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
From Lawyer Insider: Life is Glamorous but Unsatisfying Salary.sg Income and Jobs 31 15-01-2018 12:40 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
11,624 Replies, 7,109,409 Views
IMDA (under MCI) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,349 Replies, 693,488 Views
Hospital (Private or Public)... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
823 Replies, 471,849 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
17,828 Replies, 5,424,563 Views
Work culture in CPF board ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
43 Replies, 81,277 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
21,379 Replies, 10,764,007 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
6,316 Replies, 3,949,800 Views
CSA (Cyber Security Agency) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
944 Replies, 559,849 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,915 Replies, 1,651,759 Views
Is HR useless? ( 1 2)
13 Replies, 636 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
8,078 Replies, 2,541,277 Views
GovTech ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
6,577 Replies, 2,553,493 Views
GIC (Government of Singapore... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
423 Replies, 752,670 Views
MAS for Mid Career Professionals ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,243 Replies, 1,154,629 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
7,528 Replies, 3,602,524 Views
Civil Servant Bonus Mid-2023 ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
197 Replies, 182,985 Views
HTX (Home Team Science and... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
925 Replies, 443,998 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
6,037 Replies, 4,878,260 Views
Factual Local Bank Salaries - DBS... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,935 Replies, 1,535,164 Views
Election Department job application
9 Replies, 4,222 Views
NCS (SingTel subsidiary) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,395 Replies, 1,218,108 Views
DSTA (under Mindef) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,629 Replies, 1,463,461 Views
ITE (lecturer) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
281 Replies, 405,374 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
16,493 Replies, 12,868,642 Views
NCS Tech Graduate Programme or...
5 Replies, 1,251 Views
Job Application with MOE... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
497 Replies, 664,206 Views
Job application form have you ever... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
44 Replies, 1,701 Views
Working in NEA ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
129 Replies, 173,099 Views
Changi Airport Group ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
475 Replies, 649,087 Views
Civil Service Performance Bonus ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,452 Replies, 4,957,498 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 05:07 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2