Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Lawyer Salary (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/771-lawyer-salary.html)

Unregistered 18-01-2021 09:14 PM

melbourne is for sure better than Kings lol

Unregistered 18-01-2021 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 154286)
melbourne is for sure better than Kings lol

Never mind the trolls. Just last page people were talking about Saqib Alam (King’s alumni) being elected partner at MoFo in London.

I would recommend you pick between UK and Aus depending on whether you might prefer to work in the UK or Aus in addition to Singapore (although not impossible for Aus graduates to get UK training contracts).

Why so sure you have to start training in Singapore?

Unregistered 18-01-2021 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 154292)
Never mind the trolls. Just last page people were talking about Saqib Alam (King’s alumni) being elected partner at MoFo in London.

I would recommend you pick between UK and Aus depending on whether you might prefer to work in the UK or Aus in addition to Singapore (although not impossible for Aus graduates to get UK training contracts).

Why so sure you have to start training in Singapore?

only correct answer here. all depends on where you want to work! :)

Unregistered 18-01-2021 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 154295)
only correct answer here. all depends on where you want to work! :)

Yup and in the grand scheme working in Aus doesn’t provide you as much portability thereafter compared to London

Unregistered 19-01-2021 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 154258)
Fake news. AU unis are not rated highly by employers here generally.

So Kings (50% FCH) is better than Melbourne (10% FCH). Got it.

Unregistered 19-01-2021 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 154299)
Yup and in the grand scheme working in Aus doesn’t provide you as much portability thereafter compared to London

agree. England is a much larger economic entity, and English law is the preferred governing law for many agreements (just as with English jurisdiction). Even the top Australian firms all kena merged with English firms.

this reminds me of how meaningless the NUS v KCL debate here is.

Unregistered 19-01-2021 07:40 PM

Hi Seniors, could i ask whether a CAP of 4.0 in NUS qualify you for the top 50%? If fact, what percentile would a student with such a CAP be?

I ask this because there are certain requirements that i have to meet. Thanks in advance!

Unregistered 20-01-2021 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 154441)
Hi Seniors, could i ask whether a CAP of 4.0 in NUS qualify you for the top 50%? If fact, what percentile would a student with such a CAP be?

I ask this because there are certain requirements that i have to meet. Thanks in advance!

4.0 is way above the threshold for top 50%. Don't worry. You would probably be around the 75th percentile

Unregistered 21-01-2021 09:50 AM

Any reviews on KCL LLM in international financial law?

Unregistered 21-01-2021 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 154635)
Any reviews on KCL LLM in international financial law?

Did an LLM with Kings, but not in international financial law. I figure some of the modules overlap though.

The content of the mods weren't difficult. As long as you've been a law student before, the content is actually quite easy, certainly easier than undergrad imo.

My issue was actually class participation (graded), practice essays (ungraded) and the tutorials (over adobe's version of zoom) (ungraded). It's A LOT of time and effort from my day. I would not do it over.

I also did not enjoy my interactions with the profs. Some were stellar and some were just cmi. It was luck of the draw.

School fees were payable on module which was great cause then i could pay it off with my salary and i didnt need to take on any additional financial obligations.

I completed the course in just under 2 years.