Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Lawyer Salary (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/771-lawyer-salary.html)

Intercontinental 08-08-2012 12:51 PM

I am not one but would say the usual way is to work a number of years in a reputable firm in Singapore and then move offshore. Much will probably depend on your area of practice. Generally I would say the more esoteric it is, the more sought after you are.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 27401)
to the SA in the international firm: any advice on how to get to such a position?

joan xue ying li 09-08-2012 02:11 AM

or do what sg law girls presently do nowadays and just spread your legs.... and bam! clifford chance SA, JLC, law school deans list, etc.

dear clients, in exchange for retaining us we will assume whatever positions you want us to take!

Unregistered 09-08-2012 08:43 PM

i

Get top grades. Then work hard for 3 years in a top local firm (e.g. A&G, Drew, R&T, etc.). Make sure your work is outstanding and get good references. Then try to jump to an international firm. Not just any international firm though, some of them don't pay that well. Go for the magic circles (UK) or whiteshoes (US) - they pay the best. The bonus won't be as good as the local firms, but that's to be expected as your base salary will be much higher.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 27401)
to the SA in the international firm: any advice on how to get to such a position?

Unregistered 10-08-2012 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 27435)
Get top grades. Then work hard for 3 years in a top local firm (e.g. A&G, Drew, R&T, etc.). Make sure your work is outstanding and get good references. Then try to jump to an international firm. Not just any international firm though, some of them don't pay that well. Go for the magic circles (UK) or whiteshoes (US) - they pay the best. The bonus won't be as good as the local firms, but that's to be expected as your base salary will be much higher.

Seems like its unnecessary to work hard to get onto the Dean's List now. There are many ways to appeal to your lecturer to get that coveted "A". Can't wait for the juicy details of Prof. Tey Tsun Hang's shenanigans to come to light.

Unregistered 10-08-2012 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 27473)
Seems like its unnecessary to work hard to get onto the Dean's List now. There are many ways to appeal to your lecturer to get that coveted "A". Can't wait for the juicy details of Prof. Tey Tsun Hang's shenanigans to come to light.

I don't think she's as inept as you think, maybe a perfectionist who wanted perfect scores or even a romantic relation rather than bribery.

Because dean's lister can't be just do well in one module, unless Prof Tey taught her in all her modules.

Unregistered J 23-08-2012 09:17 AM

I've heard that the big 4 starts you off (after being called) at 5.5k. Does anyone know how much a mid-size firm offers?

Unregistered J 23-08-2012 09:38 AM

also, any idea how much the offshore firms start you off with?

Unregistered 23-08-2012 10:31 AM

any idea how much a Assistant Public Prosecutor/Deputy Public Prosectutor in AGC earns?

Unregistered 26-08-2012 06:28 PM

DPP for guys, abt 4600 to 4900 depending on your grade. Woman, about 3900.
Not sure about APP.

Unregistered 27-08-2012 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 27755)
DPP for guys, abt 4600 to 4900 depending on your grade. Woman, about 3900.
Not sure about APP.

Haha. .