Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries

ST engineering starting pay

Old 18-09-2022, 10:13 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Holy fk for those looking to join ST as Software Engineer, stay clear....

started last month, my team is a mess... my team asked me for my whatsapp number only to call me at 1 am I dunno for FK... we got some indian dev also and they keep pinging me at 7pm because its 4pm for them or somethnig asking me why im offline

da fuq....... regret so hard.
i got a friend that got into ST as a software engineer. The first few months he did nothing much. Although right now , im not sure how is he doing there.

Old 19-09-2022, 12:06 PM
Unregistered

Default Haha

Quote:
i got a friend that got into ST as a software engineer. The first few months he did nothing much. Although right now , im not sure how is he doing there.
I know your friend, he everyday do nothing one just daydream and surf Internet watch video.
Very free. The team busy AF but your friend do nothing. Come late 930 am but go home early 5pm.
He see other team member leave at 5pm he also leave 5pm but he don't know those leaving at 5pm is already here since 730 am.

Will terminate your friend soon.

Old 19-09-2022, 12:41 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
What the fk shag... Means I'm unlucky then

Burnt my weekends alr fking useless offshore dev team don't even know how to fix prod issues... How the fk a new guy like me can fix but these people on contract for 3+ years cannot fix?

I hope ur friend is doing well

Old 19-09-2022, 03:00 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
I know your friend, he everyday do nothing one just daydream and surf Internet watch video.
Very free. The team busy AF but your friend do nothing. Come late 930 am but go home early 5pm.
He see other team member leave at 5pm he also leave 5pm but he don't know those leaving at 5pm is already here since 730 am.

sure bo. You give me the first letter of his name. From uni, he seems to be on the ball. Not really close to him though.
Old 19-09-2022, 03:02 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
What the fk shag... Means I'm unlucky then

Burnt my weekends alr fking useless offshore dev team don't even know how to fix prod issues... How the fk a new guy like me can fix but these people on contract for 3+ years cannot fix?

I hope ur friend is doing well
Meaning they are a liability to the company. They come there do bare minimum and collect pay. The fact that you manage to complete it and burning the weekends shows that they do not do the same. Usually, when you enter company, got fire to work but after a year or so, will get sluggish and do bare minimum.
Old 30-09-2022, 09:57 AM
Unregistered

Quote:

dude confirm that you are not in ST. That's normal in ST. I'm in ST as an SWE for 8 years already, and when people ask me what are my skillsets, I tell them I clean the toilet there.

Old 30-09-2022, 10:02 AM
Unregistered

The more u do != better grading. Seniority comes into play.
Old 30-09-2022, 12:19 PM
Unregistered

Default Work smart

Quote:
The more u do != better grading. Seniority comes into play.
Agreed. Our team got a superstar coder.
He come as early as 7 am. Then leave at 7 pm.
Weekend also work! His choice. He is aiming for promotion etc. Want a fast tracked career.
Our team lead basically told him to relax. He can't give him any better performance review.
Just average cause thats the culture.

The superstar was devastated. This was 3 months before the performance review.
He was fixing bugs for production issue, was helping in prototyping. Was helping in R&D. Even write a paper for tech idea for internal competition which the team won BTW.

But the team lead basically said the senior management will downgrade, there is nothing he can do. He can't put all max points. Must have weaknesses to deduct point.

The superstar didn't take it well. He basically started coming in late at 945 am even later than most senior at 9 am. He also leave 10 min earlier now to catch the shuttle bus....

I asked him "you angry is it?"

He said "no ah the team lead ask me to not work so hard. This is me not working hard."
His performance was the same as every other fresh staff. Meet expectation. Bonus also same. We know. We confirmed with each other.

At first we were teasing him that he worked so hard the bonus must be damn good. But he showed us is the same as most of the team. But at the same time the team lead was promoted to assistant principal engineer M1. And the team lead can't even code. He just delegate work and check in progress

Sad to say, our superstar have left to join govtech. Now all the **** come to us and we don't know how to fix haha. All planning to quit let the team lead settle. But guess what, they hired a fresh grad and basically push everything to the new guy.

Most of us waiting for bonus then leave. Quiet quitting

Yes work hard does not equate promotion. So don't work so hard.
Better spend time to suck up to the boss who will promote you.
If they like you, you smile alot, polite alot, do all their bidding like slave they will use you.
Then when everyone else quit and there is a quota to promote you, then that's your chance.
Old 30-09-2022, 02:07 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Agreed. Our team got a superstar coder.
He come as early as 7 am. Then leave at 7 pm.
Weekend also work! His choice. He is aiming for promotion etc. Want a fast tracked career.
Our team lead basically told him to relax. He can't give him any better performance review.
Just average cause thats the culture.

The superstar was devastated. This was 3 months before the performance review.
He was fixing bugs for production issue, was helping in prototyping. Was helping in R&D. Even write a paper for tech idea for internal competition which the team won BTW.

But the team lead basically said the senior management will downgrade, there is nothing he can do. He can't put all max points. Must have weaknesses to deduct point.

The superstar didn't take it well. He basically started coming in late at 945 am even later than most senior at 9 am. He also leave 10 min earlier now to catch the shuttle bus....

I asked him "you angry is it?"

He said "no ah the team lead ask me to not work so hard. This is me not working hard."
His performance was the same as every other fresh staff. Meet expectation. Bonus also same. We know. We confirmed with each other.

At first we were teasing him that he worked so hard the bonus must be damn good. But he showed us is the same as most of the team. But at the same time the team lead was promoted to assistant principal engineer M1. And the team lead can't even code. He just delegate work and check in progress

Sad to say, our superstar have left to join govtech. Now all the **** come to us and we don't know how to fix haha. All planning to quit let the team lead settle. But guess what, they hired a fresh grad and basically push everything to the new guy.

Most of us waiting for bonus then leave. Quiet quitting

Yes work hard does not equate promotion. So don't work so hard.
Better spend time to suck up to the boss who will promote you.
If they like you, you smile alot, polite alot, do all their bidding like slave they will use you.
Then when everyone else quit and there is a quota to promote you, then that's your chance.
You go st to chiong... Lol
Old 30-09-2022, 04:27 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
You go st to chiong... Lol
some ppl spreading false news here what. what the more u chiong the faster u get promotion. bro pls, ST is for retirement. I tell ppl that I wash toilet 1 so I won't have to handle more projects. Act blur live longer at ST.