Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   just ORD no job sian (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/7500-just-operationally-ready-date-refers-date-national-serviceman-completes-his-2-year-term-service-no-job-sian.html)

dmwaimun1992g 22-06-2016 08:38 PM

just ORD no job sian

Hi Guy & Ladies,

Currently, I serve my NS finish and I'm now jobless. Try looking related to my course and realize that most people hire experience in this field than a 0 experience. I thinking that should i sign SPF just seek for the money.

I m a diploma electronics computer engineering grad from nyp. My skill is soldering PCB board and likes to do some PCB design in software but not really that expert.

Please someone advice what should I do???

Unregistered 22-06-2016 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmwaimun1992g (Post 87554)
Hi Guy & Ladies,

Currently, I serve my NS finish and I'm now jobless. Try looking related to my course and realize that most people hire experience in this field than a 0 experience. I thinking that should i sign SPF just seek for the money.

I m a diploma electronics computer engineering grad from nyp. My skill is soldering PCB board and likes to do some PCB design in software but not really that expert.

Please someone advice what should I do???

If above is an accurate reflection of your written English standard, then I would agree that signing on with SPF might be the best course of action for you.

Unregistered 23-06-2016 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 87555)
If above is an accurate reflection of your written English standard, then I would agree that signing on with SPF might be the best course of action for you.

Police officers frequently have to communicate with members of the public. Language skill is actually pretty important. Sometimes they even have to mediate between angry parties in an argument.

Please do not assume SPF work is easy, and it accepts any incompetent people.

Unregistered 23-06-2016 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 87572)
Police officers frequently have to communicate with members of the public. Language skill is actually pretty important. Sometimes they even have to mediate between angry parties in an argument.

Please do not assume SPF work is easy, and it accepts any incompetent people.

You don't need good English to mediate angry parties and normal constable reports are more colloquial and have no need for business or technical language. No where was it mentioned that incompetent people join SPF for an easy job.

It's about looking for jobs where high level correspondence English is not so important and TS can overcome this disability better. Not sure where all this defensiveness and moral outrage comes from.

Unregistered 23-06-2016 04:35 PM

Not everywhere has the opportunity to study at good institutions or further their studies. No need to lambast or ridicule his standard of English.

TS, yes I think signing on might be the best financial option for you. But did you perform well enough during your NS?

Unregistered 23-06-2016 04:47 PM

Hi ladies & gentlemen G̶u̶y̶ ̶&̶ ̶L̶a̶d̶i̶e̶s̶,

C̶u̶r̶r̶e̶n̶t̶l̶y̶, I've finished serving my NS I̶ ̶s̶e̶r̶v̶e̶ ̶m̶y̶ ̶N̶S̶ ̶f̶i̶n̶i̶s̶h̶ and I'm now jobless. I tried T̶r̶y̶ looking for a job related to my course and realized r̶e̶a̶l̶i̶z̶e̶ that most people hired h̶i̶r̶e̶ e̶x̶p̶e̶r̶i̶e̶n̶c̶e̶ in this field have more than a̶ 0 experience. I am thinking whether t̶h̶a̶t̶ should I sign on SPF just s̶e̶e̶k̶ for the money.

I'm a diploma electronics computer engineering grad from NYP. My skill is in soldering PCB boards and I like l̶i̶k̶e̶s̶ to do s̶o̶m̶e̶ PCB design in software but I am not really an t̶h̶a̶t̶ expert.

Could P̶l̶e̶a̶s̶e̶ someone please advice what should I do? ?̶?̶

Unregistered 23-06-2016 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 87603)
Not everywhere has the opportunity to study at good institutions or further their studies. No need to lambast or ridicule his standard of English.

TS, yes I think signing on might be the best financial option for you. But did you perform well enough during your NS?

Nobody was ridiculing his English, just that if your language skills are not on par, it's gonna be a rough ride as many MNCs and public sector jobs require written assessment. It's reality.

You are just being overly sensitive.

Unregistered 24-06-2016 10:47 AM

Learn to drive and become a businessman as an Uber or Grab driver. You can earn good money if you are hard working.

Unregistered 24-06-2016 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 87620)
Nobody was ridiculing his English, just that if your language skills are not on par, it's gonna be a rough ride as many MNCs and public sector jobs require written assessment. It's reality.

You are just being overly sensitive.

'If above is an accurate reflection of your written English standard, then I would agree that signing on with SPF might be the best course of action for you.'

Open or sarcastic mocking still equates to ridicule imo.

You are a frog in the well if you think the low level positions in public sectors put emphasis on the language component.

Unregistered 24-06-2016 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 87650)
'If above is an accurate reflection of your written English standard, then I would agree that signing on with SPF might be the best course of action for you.'

Open or sarcastic mocking still equates to ridicule imo.

You are a frog in the well if you think the low level positions in public sectors put emphasis on the language component.

Open means being direct and honest without sugar coating. There's no such thing as open = "ridicule imo". Words don't mean other things just because you feel like redefining them and try to escape with a disclaimer suffix "imo".

Public sector officers at the diploma level need to file reports, draft memos and correspond with various parties. If you honestly think TS sort of opening paragraph is going to be acceptable to a Div I diploma officer in a Stat board, then I put to you that the frog is in you.

Civil service does not expect queen's English from diploma holders, but neither are their standards so low that they will accept Ah Beng style pidgin English full of basic grammatical and syntax errors.