Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Back off after sign job contract (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/7321-back-off-after-sign-job-contract.html)

youngcy 23-05-2016 02:06 PM

Back off after sign job contract

Just signed contract with one of the big bank here. But now get another offer from a consulting firm, perm position with more money. Can I back off after I signed? Will this burn bridge with the bank? Will they blacklist me? What is the consequences? Uhgggg.. Struggling in my head..

Unregistered 23-05-2016 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by youngcy (Post 85988)
Just signed contract with one of the big bank here. But now get another offer from a consulting firm, perm position with more money. Can I back off after I signed? Will this burn bridge with the bank? Will they blacklist me? What is the consequences? Uhgggg.. Struggling in my head..

How much more is the other firm offering? It has to be substantial for you to even consider it. You will definitely be blacklisted and possibly have to pay compensation for breaking your contract.

A signed contract is legally in play. Think hard before you make a move.

youngcy 23-05-2016 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 85989)
How much more is the other firm offering? It has to be substantial for you to even consider it. You will definitely be blacklisted and possibly have to pay compensation for breaking your contract.

A signed contract is legally in play. Think hard before you make a move.

Only a few percent more, but the job itself is more interesting and its perm position.

Unregistered 23-05-2016 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by youngcy (Post 85991)
Only a few percent more, but the job itself is more interesting and its perm position.

Ok, so the contract u signed with the bank is for a contract position, not a perm. Did u sign the contract directly with the bank itself or with an agent?

youngcy 23-05-2016 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 85992)
Ok, so the contract u signed with the bank is for a contract position, not a perm. Did u sign the contract directly with the bank itself or with an agent?

i sign directly with bank and I saw there is one month notice for it.

Unregistered 23-05-2016 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by youngcy (Post 85998)
i sign directly with bank and I saw there is one month notice for it.

Isn't there a probation period? Usually it's 1 week notice during this period. When is your start date? Is there a possibility for you to start at the bank and then tender within your 1st week so you only need to serve a week's notice?

If so, you can accept the other firm's offer and give a start date after your last day with the bank. By doing so, I can't guarantee that you won't be blacklisted by the bank but at least you won't face any legal repercussions.

youngcy 23-05-2016 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 86001)
Isn't there a probation period? Usually it's 1 week notice during this period. When is your start date? Is there a possibility for you to start at the bank and then tender within your 1st week so you only need to serve a week's notice?

If so, you can accept the other firm's offer and give a start date after your last day with the bank. By doing so, I can't guarantee that you won't be blacklisted by the bank but at least you won't face any legal repercussions.

it's a contract job. So no probation period. My start date is late June.

Unregistered 23-05-2016 04:00 PM

My advice, don't be an Indian.
Credibility is very important in business.

Quote:

Originally Posted by youngcy (Post 85988)

Unregistered 23-05-2016 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by youngcy (Post 86005)
it's a contract job. So no probation period. My start date is late June.

Then no way out already bro. My suggestion is just to stay with it. Sometimes in life, no choice.

Unregistered 23-05-2016 05:41 PM

Contract job doesnt offer stability! Contract might not getting renewable.