Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   merit increment in civil service (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/7152-merit-increment-civil-service.html)

ankh 24-04-2016 11:46 AM

merit increment in civil service

I am interested in the civil service job. From the website, I understand that the annual salary adjustment is based on the merit increment. May someone enlight me that what merit increment is? How to quantify the merit increment? Were all civil servant recevie merit increment in the past 6 years privided that they have a satisfactory performance or will the merit increase stop during the time when the whole economic is not good?

Unregistered 24-04-2016 11:52 AM

merit increment is jus increment based on ur performance grade each year loh.

ankh 24-04-2016 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 84338)
merit increment is jus increment based on ur performance grade each year loh.

Thanks for your reply. May I ask how to quantify the merit increment? For example, what is the percentage of salary increase for a grade A performance and grade c performance?

I also understand that there is a pay hike in 2012 after a review of civil service salary. Was this pay hike an extra pay on top of the individual merit increment?

Unregistered 24-04-2016 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ankh (Post 84341)
Thanks for your reply. May I ask how to quantify the merit increment? For example, what is the percentage of salary increase for a grade A performance and grade c performance?

I also understand that there is a pay hike in 2012 after a review of civil service salary. Was this pay hike an extra pay on top of the individual merit increment?

merit increment go 10-15% depending on performance.

ankh 24-04-2016 09:32 PM

Thanks for your reply. The increment is very nice. Is the merit increment awarded for annually in the past 5 to 6 years upon satisfactory performance?

May I ask one more question? If an officer has reached the maxima of the salary range, e.g. maxima of MX12 without being promoted, does the officer still receive the merit increment annually?

Unregistered 24-04-2016 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ankh (Post 84382)
Thanks for your reply. The increment is very nice. Is the merit increment awarded for annually in the past 5 to 6 years upon satisfactory performance?

May I ask one more question? If an officer has reached the maxima of the salary range, e.g. maxima of MX12 without being promoted, does the officer still receive the merit increment annually?

what's the meaning of maxima?

ankh 24-04-2016 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 84385)
what's the meaning of maxima?

Thanks for your reply again. Indeed, I just think every post should have a range of salary. New recruits start at the minimum salary. For those who has stayed in the same post for long, his / her salary will reach the highest salary of that post. I just wonder if the officer has reached the highest salary of that post, will the officer still receive merit increment to increase his monthly salary?

Unregistered 24-04-2016 10:54 PM

Civil service increments are really low. Assuming a fresh grad starts at 3k, every year salary only increases by 200-300, after 10 years your salary would be 5k. Really lousy.

I am in the private sector, 30 years old earning 15k a month.

Unregistered 24-04-2016 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ankh (Post 84387)
Thanks for your reply again. Indeed, I just think every post should have a range of salary. New recruits start at the minimum salary. For those who has stayed in the same post for long, his / her salary will reach the highest salary of that post. I just wonder if the officer has reached the highest salary of that post, will the officer still receive merit increment to increase his monthly salary?

After you hit max of that salary range, you will not receive any merit increment. This is because, it is assumed that you should have been promoted to the next MX by then but since you didn't, it means that you have reached your maximum potential in civil service.

There is one more called performance bonus (PB). You will keep getting PB every year, even if you have reached the max of the salary range, as long as you have not gotten a D grade.

temp111 24-04-2016 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 84389)
Civil service increments are really low. Assuming a fresh grad starts at 3k, every year salary only increases by 200-300, after 10 years your salary would be 5k. Really lousy.

I am in the private sector, 30 years old earning 15k a month.

Fark ur mum dude.

Show ur payslip here then u piece of s***