Our Poll Results: 45% Fresh Graduates Jobless - Page 5 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Our Poll Results: 45% Fresh Graduates Jobless

 Citibank Cash Back Card - up to $350 cash back* - Click to Apply Now 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #41 (permalink)  
Old 22-04-2020, 02:08 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Don't bluff la I worked for 2 years under corporate finance from 2018 batch salary now also not 5k... What nonsense la. You calculated bonus and cpf employer and employer is it.
haha maybe you just suck? you sure you in scb or big 4 corp fin?

Reply With Quote
  #42 (permalink)  
Old 22-04-2020, 02:53 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I also know a fresh grad at scb starting 5k+ so its not bluff leh
5k + is fch technical roles ..



SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote
  #43 (permalink)  
Old 26-04-2020, 08:34 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
5k + is fch technical roles ..
scb and hsbc on the decline liao. hsbc even wanted to do massive retrenchment exercise before covid. both cut dividend payouts and got hammered by their retail investors. best to join the bulge bracket banks like citi, boa, jp.

Reply With Quote
  #44 (permalink)  
Old 26-04-2020, 11:23 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
scb and hsbc on the decline liao. hsbc even wanted to do massive retrenchment exercise before covid. both cut dividend payouts and got hammered by their retail investors. best to join the bulge bracket banks like citi, boa, jp.
their dividends got blocked by BoE. they wanted to pay and could afford to pay.
Reply With Quote
  #45 (permalink)  
Old 05-05-2020, 08:21 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewis.tee88 View Post
Went thru some up and down in my career. after sometime, i start to explore into real estate. is not a easy job, but got stable income.

don't take those "publish" income from those top producer. not everyone can hit that. but can make enough income
stable income? can explain how do you guys earn money even through dry spells? I'm under the impression that no estate sales = no income at all. Didn't know there was a base.
Reply With Quote
  #46 (permalink)  
Old 25-05-2020, 06:36 PM
Verified Member
 
Join Date: May 2020
Posts: 12
sharon.yeo is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
many of my peers were unable to find a job. but I was lucky to have accepted a role in the
stanchart graduate programme. the pay was 5.8k. but thanks to covid they rescinded my offer and now most of the bank vacancies are closed. what other relevant jobs are there for me now? i'm worried if I do something unrelated, it'll be too difficult to rejoin banking when the virus subsides
If you can't find any full-time roles in banking, and are very keen to stay in the industry, try and see if you can find a post-graduation internship in banking - even if it isn't the top tier banks. With companies cutting their full-time headcount / hiring, some companies are relying on interns to support their manpower needs.

Even though you'll be drawing an intern salary, you'll have relevant experiences to 'sell' to your next employer and still able to develop relevant skills.
Reply With Quote

  #47 (permalink)  
Old 25-05-2020, 09:01 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharon.yeo View Post
If you can't find any full-time roles in banking, and are very keen to stay in the industry, try and see if you can find a post-graduation internship in banking - even if it isn't the top tier banks. With companies cutting their full-time headcount / hiring, some companies are relying on interns to support their manpower needs.

Even though you'll be drawing an intern salary, you'll have relevant experiences to 'sell' to your next employer and still able to develop relevant skills.
Hey, thanks for the advice. I'm not the person u are replying to but in a similar situation. Am a FCH biz grad (not that it matters but just wanted to highlight my situation) from local U(one of the NUS/NTU/SMU). am keen to be in the banking industry, and am looking for roles inside but couldnt find any. need some serious advice on what to do lol. have tried looking for internships but most internships are looking for penultimate students
Reply With Quote
  #48 (permalink)  
Old 28-05-2020, 04:55 PM
Verified Member
 
Join Date: May 2020
Posts: 12
sharon.yeo is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hey, thanks for the advice. I'm not the person u are replying to but in a similar situation. Am a FCH biz grad (not that it matters but just wanted to highlight my situation) from local U(one of the NUS/NTU/SMU). am keen to be in the banking industry, and am looking for roles inside but couldnt find any. need some serious advice on what to do lol. have tried looking for internships but most internships are looking for penultimate students
A mentor once shared this with me:

If you can't find a job in the industry you think you want to be in, think about what it is about the industry (or specific job) that you enjoy. Is it the salary? How analytical the job is? The chance to work directly with clients?

Then try to see if you can identify whether there is another industry / job that can offer you similar traits. And whether the skillsets you've developed can be transferred over or 'sold' to employers in this other industry. Start looking outside and hunting for jobs that may match what you're looking for - that may not be in the original industry you're looking at.

Hope this helps you think about your situation!
Reply With Quote
  #49 (permalink)  
Old 01-07-2020, 03:43 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharon.yeo View Post
A mentor once shared this with me:

If you can't find a job in the industry you think you want to be in, think about what it is about the industry (or specific job) that you enjoy. Is it the salary? How analytical the job is? The chance to work directly with clients?

Then try to see if you can identify whether there is another industry / job that can offer you similar traits. And whether the skillsets you've developed can be transferred over or 'sold' to employers in this other industry. Start looking outside and hunting for jobs that may match what you're looking for - that may not be in the original industry you're looking at.

Hope this helps you think about your situation!
great advice, thanks for sharing!!!

just to add on—your first job isn't necessarily your job for life. you can always try applying to banking if you're really passionate about the industry and after this covid tides over.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
fresh graduates

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Jobless Graduates Should Consider SAF Salary.sg Income and Jobs 60 14-06-2012 08:59 PM
SMU Fresh Grads Make $4k to $10k Salary.sg Income and Jobs 140 04-06-2010 06:42 PM
Many Fresh Graduates Unemployed Salary.sg Income and Jobs 7 19-04-2009 10:44 PM
65,400 Jobless in September, will be Significantly More Salary.sg Income and Jobs 0 16-01-2009 05:38 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
Starting Pay for CS/Ministries... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
156 Replies, 36,531 Views
SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,173 Replies, 1,335,485 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,726 Replies, 1,136,553 Views
OCBC Graduate Talent Programme... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
338 Replies, 115,199 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
10,718 Replies, 5,927,521 Views
DBS tech seed programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
32 Replies, 4,436 Views
How much are you earning per annum? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
12,051 Replies, 3,847,222 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,887 Replies, 1,758,340 Views
MAS : Mid Career Professionals ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
226 Replies, 137,871 Views
ITE lecturer ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
140 Replies, 134,012 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
9,618 Replies, 3,085,721 Views
Job Application with MOE... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
246 Replies, 225,153 Views
Engineer Pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
121 Replies, 47,039 Views
Fresh grad wanting to know about... ( 1 2)
17 Replies, 5,456 Views
Number of FT in Singapore coming... ( 1 2 3)
23 Replies, 7,942 Views
Ex-MOE Teachers ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
81 Replies, 120,563 Views
Where would you invest your money... ( 1 2)
18 Replies, 11,018 Views
MasterCard Graduate Developement... ( 1 2)
11 Replies, 5,051 Views
DBS Graduate Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
745 Replies, 374,605 Views
Civil Service Performance Bonus ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,630 Replies, 1,345,815 Views
Anyone jobless for a long time... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,006 Replies, 1,146,678 Views
Invitation to apply to civil...
0 Replies, 212 Views
HSBC Graduate Programme 2021
6 Replies, 430 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
873 Replies, 260,542 Views
Looking for job referral,...
5 Replies, 526 Views
Diploma in Digital Marketing at...
4 Replies, 2,526 Views
How rich/poor am I compared to... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
44 Replies, 34,864 Views
Employment agency taking me to...
2 Replies, 150 Views
[advice] Recruitment agency... ( 1 2 3)
21 Replies, 3,253 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 09:07 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2