Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Our Poll Results: 45% Fresh Graduates Jobless (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/706-our-poll-results-45-fresh-graduates-jobless.html)

anon 06-08-2009 12:53 AM

I'm a 1st class hons and i'm jobless too. Go figure.

Unregistered 06-08-2009 11:33 AM

don't be picky

Quote:

Originally Posted by anon (Post 4303)
I'm a 1st class hons and i'm jobless too. Go figure.

There are 25,000 jobs available. Don't be picky.

Laid off? Don’t worry. 25,000 jobs in the market, says Manpower Minister : The Online Citizen - a community of singaporeans

Minister Gan also said some time ago: "... if in a crisis situation, you are willing to sit at home and do nothing for one year, not doing anything, that means you are not very flexible ..."

Be flexible. Go be a toilet cleaner and stop complaining.

Unregistered 06-08-2009 12:40 PM

degree

what courses have better employment rate? I don't believe the graduate employment survey.

Unregistered 06-08-2009 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 4305)
what courses have better employment rate? I don't believe the graduate employment survey.

Medicine, dentistry, law, accountancy, pharmacy.

Unregistered 06-08-2009 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 4308)
Medicine, dentistry, law, accountancy, pharmacy.

I think all the above except accountancy are considered protected occupation

Goondo 07-08-2009 12:11 PM

45% Fresh Graduates Jobless? Come on lar.

If you are fresh grad and jobless, you WILL have time to come to Salary.sg forum to take survey.

The other working graduates are too busy doing OT. Remember our Labour Minster says Singaporean must be productive, 10 person must do 12 person job.
Next year, 8 person do 12 person job. The year after next year, 6 person do 12 person job... ...future (-2) person do 12 person's job...

Why not change the heading. "55% fresh graduates who come and take survey are employed and are not doing 12 person's job". They Scholars? Bosses son?

Or "45% fresh graduates who come and take survey are unemployed". They see the higher pay posted here and not willing to lower their expectation.

Minster : You must lower your expectation, expect low pay to remain employable. 10 person do 12 person job.
Freshie : What about you?
Minster : I am talent (who ask you cannot study? Or is familee). Without me, you won't even have low pay jobs to lower your expectation for. We need 3 to do 1 person job, because important job and decisions need to think thrice.

Unregistered 25-06-2018 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goondo (Post 4311)
45% Fresh Graduates Jobless? Come on lar.

If you are fresh grad and jobless, you WILL have time to come to Salary.sg forum to take survey.

The other working graduates are too busy doing OT. Remember our Labour Minster says Singaporean must be productive, 10 person must do 12 person job.
Next year, 8 person do 12 person job. The year after next year, 6 person do 12 person job... ...future (-2) person do 12 person's job...

Why not change the heading. "55% fresh graduates who come and take survey are employed and are not doing 12 person's job". They Scholars? Bosses son?

Or "45% fresh graduates who come and take survey are unemployed". They see the higher pay posted here and not willing to lower their expectation.

Minster : You must lower your expectation, expect low pay to remain employable. 10 person do 12 person job.
Freshie : What about you?
Minster : I am talent (who ask you cannot study? Or is familee). Without me, you won't even have low pay jobs to lower your expectation for. We need 3 to do 1 person job, because important job and decisions need to think thrice.

time to revive this thread

Unregistered 25-06-2018 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 108296)
time to revive this thread

Market seems to be doing fine

Unregistered 25-06-2018 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 108313)
Market seems to be doing fine

izzit
whh sectors u r referring to
apply so many jobs, ft and or pt or temp also no luck

Unregistered 26-06-2018 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 108319)
izzit
whh sectors u r referring to
apply so many jobs, ft and or pt or temp also no luck

Overall market as a whole.