Different rank in local banks - Page 6 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Different rank in local banks

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #51 (permalink)  
Old 25-10-2018, 11:37 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

When i was there as VP1, my pay was around 11k, but i have heard that there are some who are getting as low as 9k... exact range i'm not sure

Reply With Quote
  #52 (permalink)  
Old 26-10-2018, 08:04 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
When i was there as VP1, my pay was around 11k, but i have heard that there are some who are getting as low as 9k... exact range i'm not sure
This sounds more reasonable for VP salary at local bank. How much would that be in terms of annual? How much more do you earn at foreign bank? Same VP rank?

Reply With Quote
  #53 (permalink)  
Old 27-10-2018, 10:00 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I'm same person posing in the previous two replies...
I was VP1 in UOB, but when i went to foreign bank it was stanchart and the ranks are not not denominated in titles like VP, director.

For simplicity, I am a manager of other staff but business job title is 'Data Analyst'... and if you see the earlier posting in same thread... my current rank is Band6 and it is is paying better than UOB



Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills


SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote
  #54 (permalink)  
Old 29-10-2018, 03:30 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I'm same person posing in the previous two replies...
I was VP1 in UOB, but when i went to foreign bank it was stanchart and the ranks are not not denominated in titles like VP, director.

For simplicity, I am a manager of other staff but business job title is 'Data Analyst'... and if you see the earlier posting in same thread... my current rank is Band6 and it is is paying better than UOB
If you are people manager Band 6 sounds low..
I thought you would be at least in Band 5 minimally as I have heard most Heads are in Band 4
Reply With Quote
  #55 (permalink)  
Old 29-10-2018, 09:39 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
If you are people manager Band 6 sounds low..
I thought you would be at least in Band 5 minimally as I have heard most Heads are in Band 4
No lah.. band 6s can also be people managers, though they will likely have <3 under each of them. Band 4 is ED (HOD / programme director) level already, rather senior role
Reply With Quote
  #56 (permalink)  
Old 10-03-2019, 01:01 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
No lah.. band 6s can also be people managers, though they will likely have <3 under each of them. Band 4 is ED (HOD / programme director) level already, rather senior role
true, people at all levels need to have managers, so people in less fabulous department/function will have manager that doesn't necessarily earn as much as some individual contributor in a more glamorous role.
Reply With Quote

  #57 (permalink)  
Old 04-12-2020, 12:54 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Local bank SVP pay

Am currently SVP in non-front office function. Base around 300k.

ED is roughly 450k base and up.

Believe or not is up to you guys but 250k all in for SVP is super lowball
Reply With Quote
  #58 (permalink)  
Old 12-04-2021, 07:04 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Am currently SVP in non-front office function. Base around 300k.

ED is roughly 450k base and up.

Believe or not is up to you guys but 250k all in for SVP is super lowball
which bank? speaking on behalf of black/red, based on actual payroll data (as an internal auditor), many newly promoted svp starts with 15k base, 3-4 months bonus. so 250k all in is quite common for young svp.

ED base salary range from 22k to 30k max. I haven't seen a single ED with more than 30k base. so your 450k base is just pure lie. but ED bonus usually is 4-6 month so all in 450k quite common.

MD base starts from 30k up to 60k, bonus a lot more than lower rank, and there is stock option. so totalvpackage from ED to MD is the largest jump.

If you're in black/red and taking 300k base as svp, be prepared to have very little bonus and stagnant base till your promotion to next rank as you're already exceed ing the market benchmark for your level, and black/red'd compensation philosophy is balance at total compensation level.
Reply With Quote
  #59 (permalink)  
Old 12-04-2021, 09:30 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
which bank? speaking on behalf of black/red, based on actual payroll data (as an internal auditor), many newly promoted svp starts with 15k base, 3-4 months bonus. so 250k all in is quite common for young svp.

ED base salary range from 22k to 30k max. I haven't seen a single ED with more than 30k base. so your 450k base is just pure lie. but ED bonus usually is 4-6 month so all in 450k quite common.

MD base starts from 30k up to 60k, bonus a lot more than lower rank, and there is stock option. so totalvpackage from ED to MD is the largest jump.

If you're in black/red and taking 300k base as svp, be prepared to have very little bonus and stagnant base till your promotion to next rank as you're already exceed ing the market benchmark for your level, and black/red'd compensation philosophy is balance at total compensation level.
OP probably referring to international banks/BBs
Reply With Quote
  #60 (permalink)  
Old 12-04-2021, 11:10 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
OP probably referring to international banks/BBs
ED at DBS is equivalent to MD at BB. There are not many MD roles in Singapore. BB pays higher on base but lower on bonus. There wont be much difference in terms of total compensation.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Big 4 back-office rank & salary structure adclicko1 Income and Jobs 1 30-08-2015 11:47 AM
Technology in local banks kitkat Income and Jobs 11 02-02-2014 12:34 PM
NUS: Rank of Programme Officer vs Programme Executive darkstar Income and Jobs 0 21-01-2014 11:36 AM
IT in banks sochews Income and Jobs 7 08-12-2011 09:45 AM
NS Rank yragmc General Discussions 1 07-08-2011 01:00 AM

» 30 Recent Threads
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
14,327 Replies, 4,817,258 Views
High Finance Thread ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
328 Replies, 110,127 Views
Top paying companies in SG for... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
90 Replies, 137,678 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,324 Replies, 1,384,909 Views
Mnc jobs - a must in life ?? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
160 Replies, 67,724 Views
DBS tech seed programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,070 Replies, 267,427 Views
Relocation to the US or stay in SG? ( 1 2)
17 Replies, 616 Views
Officer Role in Bank of Tokyo -... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
204 Replies, 171,816 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,948 Replies, 1,807,156 Views
Getting MBA worth? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
127 Replies, 100,680 Views
Compilation of MAs/Analysts Gross... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
818 Replies, 220,429 Views
IMDA (under MCI) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
166 Replies, 68,032 Views
GovTech Tech Associate Program... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
109 Replies, 44,034 Views
Citibank Singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
150 Replies, 106,150 Views
JTC (Jurong Town Corporation) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
37 Replies, 40,194 Views
Need advice - local bank or bulge... ( 1 2 3)
20 Replies, 1,438 Views
Whats your net worth ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,848 Replies, 967,913 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,905 Replies, 1,458,082 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,389 Replies, 605,805 Views
DSTA (under Mindef) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,033 Replies, 755,134 Views
architecture graduate - go hdb or...
5 Replies, 1,516 Views
Visa Graduate Development Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
49 Replies, 18,644 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,104 Replies, 549,932 Views
Exxon Mobil Equipment tech or... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,876 Replies, 627,744 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
12,720 Replies, 7,478,215 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,200 Replies, 2,591,193 Views
SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
6,148 Replies, 1,717,787 Views
FDM - Technical Graduate Program
2 Replies, 1,057 Views
NCS (SingTel subsidiary) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
573 Replies, 457,420 Views
infosys, cognizant
5 Replies, 1,798 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 12:54 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2