Pass Degree can do what Govt Sector job? - Page 2 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries

Pass Degree can do what Govt Sector job?

Old 17-03-2016, 06:04 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
me from nus. gpa 2.9
business degree

no luck from govt too.
currently unemployed for 7 months already

i had depression after i left my previous company at ang mo kio. i was bullied for 3 weeks and then humiliated and fired from the company. i did not do anything wrong but i guess one of the manager didn't like how i look. i worked very hard for the company and i was fired with no reasonable cause.

I went to a local bank, hiding my depression, and i did not communicate with people properly. i was then shouted at in meetings over and over again. i ended up letting out a thunderous scream at my manager with my full force. i saw him just shrink there and i resign soon after.

i then couldn't find job for 4 months
then i went to a outsource firm, still hiding my depression, i told myself to keep from saying wrong things and just mind my own business. it worked quite well for 7 months, until people start to dislike me. favouritism is a very tool for survival there. i did not try to favour any superiors, people start to dislike me and FARK my life upside down. i couldn't take the emotional roller coaster and i resign. for this job, i told myself to shut up and not scream, if not things will be worst.

now i jobless for 7 months already.
if want can keep in touch and look for jobs together?
yes, sort out your depression. it's either you are damn suay with these 3 companies or that you are not handling working life very well and there might be something wrong in the way you approach things. try figure out why you are being bullied, or why you are always shouted at or why people started to dislike you. sometimes it is not ur fault but sometimes it is. so u gotta think back and sort out these issues within yourself, or ask an opinion from friend who u know will be very frank with u. sorry if i am being blunt.

Old 17-03-2016, 07:31 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
me from nus. gpa 2.9
business degree

no luck from govt too.
currently unemployed for 7 months already

i had depression after i left my previous company at ang mo kio. i was bullied for 3 weeks and then humiliated and fired from the company. i did not do anything wrong but i guess one of the manager didn't like how i look. i worked very hard for the company and i was fired with no reasonable cause.

I went to a local bank, hiding my depression, and i did not communicate with people properly. i was then shouted at in meetings over and over again. i ended up letting out a thunderous scream at my manager with my full force. i saw him just shrink there and i resign soon after.

i then couldn't find job for 4 months
then i went to a outsource firm, still hiding my depression, i told myself to keep from saying wrong things and just mind my own business. it worked quite well for 7 months, until people start to dislike me. favouritism is a very tool for survival there. i did not try to favour any superiors, people start to dislike me and FARK my life upside down. i couldn't take the emotional roller coaster and i resign. for this job, i told myself to shut up and not scream, if not things will be worst.

now i jobless for 7 months already.
if want can keep in touch and look for jobs together?
I was in a depression like you for 1- 2years, some personal matters. At work, all colleagues avoided me, as i remained total quiet and silent......I assume if i don't bother them and they don't bother me, it will be a fine... it's not.

My depression blinded me to see every negative, my inside world is like hell.... everything response from other, I take it totally negative.....all new tasks assigned to me I view it like punishment for disliking me...

See a doctor for help... get yourself cure from depression....

Old 17-03-2016, 09:15 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
if what you said about yourself is true, then how do you survive 2years of NS in the first place? I think you need to sort out your depression tendencies first before anything else. Suppressing and hiding it now and one day it may be the cause of your downfall.

And i am not joking. Seriously, sort out your depression. There's no shame in it.
I never had problems until I was trashed by my first company. Maybe because I tried to climb out of it faster than I thought I could handle, i thought i was so smart that I will not let it get to me.. but as the days go by, it hit me slowly but firmly and eventually devastatingly.

when friends start to doubt you, when family start to doubt you. when everyone and relative is constantly counselling you to behave like a good dog at work and stop misbehaving, it just got to me and I destroyed myself. WHO THE **** ON EARTH GETS INTO TROUBLE AND GETS FIRED ON THE SPOT ? NOBODY, NOT EVEN MY SIBLINGS. I lost the trust of all important people I care about. I lost the trust of my parents, I made them waste energy on me. When prospective employers question your inability to have continued employment, when they start asking the WHYs of why would you choose to be unemployed. I tried to lie even though I have no energy to do so. and it just snowballed into what I call a cross between depression and schizophrenia.

for all of you who have a normal life, treasure it.

As you can guess, I deserted my social life and people who tried to connect with me.

Old 17-03-2016, 09:18 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
We don't know the full story but in your depression you may have done things or acted in certain ways that you think isn't your fault but maybe it could be. Sort out your depression first otherwise all your jobs will end in the same way.

All the best.
When you have depression, how can you act optimally? everything you do is at best sub-optimal and at worst creepy or bordering on the edges of insanity.

I never had depression before my first job. even my family said i am a changed person.
Old 17-03-2016, 09:23 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
yes, sort out your depression. it's either you are damn suay with these 3 companies or that you are not handling working life very well and there might be something wrong in the way you approach things. try figure out why you are being bullied, or why you are always shouted at or why people started to dislike you. sometimes it is not ur fault but sometimes it is. so u gotta think back and sort out these issues within yourself, or ask an opinion from friend who u know will be very frank with u. sorry if i am being blunt.
No problem, i don't blame people who criticise me. I myself also question my own competencies as an employee. LOL. I am also thinking the employer will be suay to have me.

Went for an interview the other day, the interviewers were very sharp, i think they can sniff out depressive episodes in me. Didn't get the job, when the recruiter called me, she had a sympathetic tone.

Anyone wants to have a modern day slave, like keep working nonstop type. I can do it. I need money to survive.

Maybe go overseas to find a living.
Old 17-03-2016, 09:31 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
I was in a depression like you for 1- 2years, some personal matters. At work, all colleagues avoided me, as i remained total quiet and silent......I assume if i don't bother them and they don't bother me, it will be a fine... it's not.

My depression blinded me to see every negative, my inside world is like hell.... everything response from other, I take it totally negative.....all new tasks assigned to me I view it like punishment for disliking me...

See a doctor for help... get yourself cure from depression....

I kept wanting to get back at my previous superiors, I had a chance to do it on the day I was fired but I thought I used my intelligence to re-channel the energy to doing whats the future for me but I couldn't control the rage. and it let loose and ballooned to what I am today.

I have a fear of corporate office, evident in my interview yesterday.
I have a fear of how strangers look at me.
I have a lack of confidence.
I already inform my family, please be mentally prepared I will take long to come out of it.
People tell me to lie in interviews, but i am not a good liar.

Old 17-03-2016, 10:50 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
No problem, i don't blame people who criticise me. I myself also question my own competencies as an employee. LOL. I am also thinking the employer will be suay to have me.

Went for an interview the other day, the interviewers were very sharp, i think they can sniff out depressive episodes in me. Didn't get the job, when the recruiter called me, she had a sympathetic tone.

Anyone wants to have a modern day slave, like keep working nonstop type. I can do it. I need money to survive.

Maybe go overseas to find a living.
i think in the meanwhile you should do things that keep you happy, like hobbies. you sound like you are rushing, thinking that a next job will fix the problem. you will probably run into thr same problems again from the looks of things. perhaps in the meanwhile, maybe do some part-time work 2-3 days a week and give yourself some time to reorientate your life, say 6 months. you won't earn a lot but it is the healing process that matters. i wish u all the best buddy. if u cannot handle the depression yourself and havent seen a professional, please do.
Old 18-03-2016, 09:24 AM
Unregistered

ya sia engineering
Old 18-03-2016, 09:35 AM
Unregistered

So many mad people here.
Old 21-03-2016, 10:20 PM
Unregistered

can become science minister