31 yo liao no a levels/poly dip, online degree, no work exp - Page 12 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries

31 yo liao no a levels/poly dip, online degree, no work exp

Old 27-02-2016, 10:34 AM

jiaklatliao is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Dear TS,

You said you have no A level cert or so, then how you got an A in english for JC. Your comprehension level is already verified by all the people posting here and you still claimed you are good in english? Well, i do agree with one of the poster above that you think too highly of yourself because you mixed with people obviously below you and while you think that you are so high above, you were actually below avg.
read what i wrote. i wrote i topped my english class in jc.

i attended jc after my os for over a year before i went to poly. during that time, i was the top student for gp in my class. my gp teacher, i still recall, was a tiny woman with short hair. i wonder how is she now. perhaps a lot holder. but i do have fond memories of them.

everyone has strengths and weaknesses. my chinese was poor. i got c for biology i think? not that any of this matters in the real world.

look at my name, does it look like a boasting name? you can doubt me, you can say my english sucks, i didn't get phd offer, i am a swine, it doesn't matter, i am only interested in getting wisdom and ideas and then drawing my own conclusions.

Quote:
The TS is a stupid piece of ****.

I am an ntu grad with 2nd upper hons in marketing graduated in 2007. I have straight As in SJI, and NJC.

I have been teaching in private school (The learning lab) in Mid 20s and later tuition in Singapore in my late 20s as then I was drawing 5 figures income Between the years 2011 to 2013.

I stopped working between age 30 to age 32 as I have met with a serious car accident in Malaysia.

Now I am 33, I have darn lots of difficulty looking for a degree level job since I am unable to go back to my lucrative tutition line.

So TS, how much better are you better than me?? Your expectations are way high and continue to live in your own world. I am a local SG grad that is content to start with just a 2k salary.

My dad owns a oil palm plantation in Malaysia and mind you, he is well connected and has tried to land me teaching jobs in Malaysia. - I couldn't give a damn!!!! The standard is too low for English in Malaysia. You can teach English if you have gotten an A for Singapore PSLE English.

Not only you are unable to land yourself a job, you are also childishly stuck up and stupid. You should not settle down as you give birth to kids stupid like you.

Come back and post after you have found a job stupid idiot.
well, i have a job right now.

sorry, i mean some of the 'unregistered' posts are getting weirder and weirder. i have trouble believing this is real. your father owns plantations and he wants you to teach in malaysia? learning lab making 5 figures?

thanks for warning me about the tuition industry, you can see why i am never touching education and training in singapore despite being in the the same industry here. only moe or university positions are worth considering.

your a local grad content with 2k? well that's your life and i wish u well. i am making 2-3k now in a developing country, i hope to make at least 3-5 k after a few years of work in singapore so i can marry and buy a flat. and i know with the right choices it is easily possible.

thanks to folks like blueberry, and a few replies! very insightful!

no thanks to to drive uber, be bus driver, do nitec, do poly dip suggestions though.

i got a lot of insights and ideas from you guys. trolls are part of every online and offline community. i would love to think that by letting them spew we are also helping them get through their lives.

Last edited by jiaklatliao; 27-02-2016 at 10:38 AM.
Old 27-02-2016, 11:09 AM
Unregistered

At first say jcu & top 50 hk uni, then suddenly become top 100 china uni, then boasting about knowing top profs in academia, then more bs abt interviews with local uni with timeline that not even correct. Cannot even lie properly, no wonder ur not getting any jobs.

Old 27-02-2016, 11:13 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Dear TS,

I chance upon you mentioning you receive local University invites for entry interview pursing Master's / PHD? Well, just to let you know that the application for Master's degree just closed not long and the result will only we release mid May. Hmmm, i do wonder how you get an interview invite for our local U?

Cheers,
Haha this is what I call kena caught with panties down. Doesn't even make sense, NUS/NTU where got accept online degree/diploma for PhD program one!?!?

Old 27-02-2016, 11:15 AM
Unregistered

This TS wanna lie also cannot recall what he wrote. First say no A / Dip. Look back his post still say dip and degree do online. Now say what top in JC english or poly class blah blah blah
. The qns is obviously funny, go JC and poly still no A and diploma? What rubbish you talking? Honestly, no one will take your words seriously.
Old 27-02-2016, 12:07 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiaklatliao View Post
read what i wrote. i wrote i topped my english class in jc.

i attended jc after my os for over a year before i went to poly. during that time, i was the top student for gp in my class. my gp teacher, i still recall, was a tiny woman with short hair. i wonder how is she now. perhaps a lot holder. but i do have fond memories of them.

everyone has strengths and weaknesses. my chinese was poor. i got c for biology i think? not that any of this matters in the real world.

look at my name, does it look like a boasting name? you can doubt me, you can say my english sucks, i didn't get phd offer, i am a swine, it doesn't matter, i am only interested in getting wisdom and ideas and then drawing my own conclusions.

well, i have a job right now.

sorry, i mean some of the 'unregistered' posts are getting weirder and weirder. i have trouble believing this is real. your father owns plantations and he wants you to teach in malaysia? learning lab making 5 figures?

thanks for warning me about the tuition industry, you can see why i am never touching education and training in singapore despite being in the the same industry here. only moe or university positions are worth considering.

your a local grad content with 2k? well that's your life and i wish u well. i am making 2-3k now in a developing country, i hope to make at least 3-5 k after a few years of work in singapore so i can marry and buy a flat. and i know with the right choices it is easily possible.

thanks to folks like blueberry, and a few replies! very insightful!

no thanks to to drive uber, be bus driver, do nitec, do poly dip suggestions though.

i got a lot of insights and ideas from you guys. trolls are part of every online and offline community. i would love to think that by letting them spew we are also helping them get through their lives.
We also have trouble believing this is real.

Top A level student suddenly no A levels? So stupid go take some random diploma after that? Even stupid go take online degree after that?

I think what happened is that he got into a car accident in jc year 2 and damaged his brain. After that, he got a much lower IQ and keep making stupid decisions ever since.

However, he still retains his memory of him being a smart person and it keeps being reinforced by being the smartest guy in a kampung in malaysia.

He does not even know what is learning lab. Even in his prime primary sch days, i doubt he can make it into learning lab.

Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Old 27-02-2016, 01:02 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
We also have trouble believing this is real.

Top A level student suddenly no A levels? So stupid go take some random diploma after that? Even stupid go take online degree after that?

I think what happened is that he got into a car accident in jc year 2 and damaged his brain. After that, he got a much lower IQ and keep making stupid decisions ever since.

However, he still retains his memory of him being a smart person and it keeps being reinforced by being the smartest guy in a kampung in malaysia.

He does not even know what is learning lab. Even in his prime primary sch days, i doubt he can make it into learning lab.
I wonder how much his story about being Singaporean teaching in Malaysia is real.

He is totally ignorant about the different schemes in civil service, moe requirements, JC/poly, labour markets and university requirements. Sounds more like a pathological attention seeking liar to me.

Old 27-02-2016, 03:43 PM
Unregistered

clearly no one here did masters in a local uni before. when i did my masters in ntu, my classmates were grads from nigeria, vietnam, bangladesh, china, poland...

if this guy has an online degree from the usa or uk, then i personally think even that is more credible than many of my classmates' educational qualifications.
Old 27-02-2016, 06:45 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
clearly no one here did masters in a local uni before. when i did my masters in ntu, my classmates were grads from nigeria, vietnam, bangladesh, china, poland...

if this guy has an online degree from the usa or uk, then i personally think even that is more credible than many of my classmates' educational qualifications.
any of them have nothing except online degree? that the q...
Old 27-02-2016, 09:23 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
any of them have nothing except online degree? that the q...
it depends on which university his degree is from and whether it is accredited. i don't think it matters much whether it is twinning, part time or online as these are common these days.

at ntu, we had to take the gmat or gre. this provides a standardised test for different degree holders. if he did score 162, and has an accredited degree with first or second upper, then i can see him getting offers from local universities as that is a better than average profile for many courses.

even nus has an online masters of financial engineering program. my friend is also taking an online masters from ucl, which is ranked 6th in the world.

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Old 27-02-2016, 09:50 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
it depends on which university his degree is from and whether it is accredited. i don't think it matters much whether it is twinning, part time or online as these are common these days.

at ntu, we had to take the gmat or gre. this provides a standardised test for different degree holders. if he did score 162, and has an accredited degree with first or second upper, then i can see him getting offers from local universities as that is a better than average profile for many courses.

even nus has an online masters of financial engineering program. my friend is also taking an online masters from ucl, which is ranked 6th in the world.
I am currently doing credit analysis in a local bank and would like to move to the investment & trading side. I have an engineering degree from NTU and currently looking to further my studies on Finance, but because I need to maintain income to pay off loans so not possible for me to quit and study full time.

Anyone know if I will be able to join banking investment or hedge fund management side if I take the part time online NUS Masters in Financial Engineering?