31 yo liao no a levels/poly dip, online degree, no work exp - Page 9 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries

31 yo liao no a levels/poly dip, online degree, no work exp

Old 25-02-2016, 08:39 PM
Unregistered

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiaklatliao View Post
oh you are actually right, now that i read it again. kudos to you.
Now i finally know why you can only teach english in Malaysia. Read through the thread. People were infact already hinting you HOW SURE were you when you keep saying she owns a Cambridge dip which is equivalent to the 4k kaplan course when from the word "master trainer" certified by University of Cambridge speaks well of what her experience were and that's why people says her master trainer is some big deal because it already speaks well of your experience and academic qualification. I seriously can't believe it that you can cannot even understand what master trainer is and continuously arguing that it means she owns a Cambridge dip. What make it worse that you couldn't even differentiate the difference between University of Cambridge and Cambridge educational standard. You just blindly thought that course with the word Cambridge is equivalent to the standard of University of Cambridge? Omg to you TS! If bedok reservoir is no t your choice, singapore river will be good!

Old 25-02-2016, 08:41 PM

jiaklatliao is on a distinguished road

This idiot is just repeating the same old pattern for 8 pages
1) Act humble & self depreciating to ask for advice

no need to act la, that is me

2) Many people try their best to answer
3) Idiot retaliates and insinuates that everyone is either dumb, don't understand, cannot make it, except for his stellar self.

not really lo, i agree with some guys who say go do masters if doesnt show off campus, etc loh.

those who say do poly or a levels or drive uber...errr....not very good ideas lah huh

4) Idiot insist he is smart and his degrees are fantastic

once again, no loh, my title already says my degree sucks which is why i am thinking of doing something too better myself loh and asking for advice on which course i should choose loh.

5) Then again act humble to ask for advice

please la, why guys like u so angry? u stuck in malaysia teaching english for 2k meh? aiya, actually even 2k in malaysia i am also doing quite well honestly, save up 1k sgd each month, in 12 years i got enough to pay off my cpf minimum sum, pension of 1.2k sgd a momnth guaranteed, and i also got family hdb flat in singapore to live in, life is okay what.

Old 25-02-2016, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Now i finally know why you can only teach english in Malaysia. Read through the thread. People were infact already hinting you HOW SURE were you when you keep saying she owns a Cambridge dip which is equivalent to the 4k kaplan course when from the word "master trainer" certified by University of Cambridge speaks well of what her experience were and that's why people says her master trainer is some big deal because it already speaks well of your experience and academic qualification. I seriously can't believe it that you can cannot even understand what master trainer is and continuously arguing that it means she owns a Cambridge dip. What make it worse that you couldn't even differentiate the difference between University of Cambridge and Cambridge educational standard. You just blindly thought that course with the word Cambridge is equivalent to the standard of University of Cambridge? Omg to you TS! If bedok reservoir is no t your choice, singapore river will be good!
well the wording is a little ambiguous right.

yeah okay well...fair enough i see it now. as for your second point about cambridge i have no idea what ur driving at. cambridge is cambridge?

anyway, i am more interested in what course i should pursue for a recognised qualification.

Old 25-02-2016, 08:52 PM

yayy curtin fresh grad girl with aussie accent now in regional role for estee lauder! also got advanced standing and did 1.5 year degree! this will be me in future guys!! come on baby. huat ah!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=MKmnfIZUw7Q
Old 25-02-2016, 09:28 PM
Unregistered

so much for straight A1 in secondary school. haha.
Old 25-02-2016, 11:06 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
why u so obsessed with melissa? i quote from her profile:

Mellissa is an Accredited Master Trainer certified by the University of Cambridge for their International Diploma for Teachers and Trainer programmes.

go google 'cambridge International Diploma for Teachers and Trainer '.

[url=://.kaplan.com.sg/professional/course/diploma-for-teachers-and-trainers/cambridge-international-diploma-for-teachers-and-trainers/]Cambridge International Diploma for Teachers and Trainers - Kaplan Professional - Kaplan Professional[/

kaplan does offer that course, 4 months part time, 4k sgd.

she has a masters, bach and experience yes, kudos to her. but u keep saying her master trainer is certified by cambridge is some big deal

her masters and experience is a 'big deal' though.

i dont really wanna name it (both the foreign and local schools) for obvious reasons (scary people like you la). if u believe i am lying then so be it loh.

my question is, if i get a top 100 masters/phd plus my online degree what is my employment prospects like.
To answer your question, even if you get your top 100 masters/phd, your employment prospects will be quite slim. Firstly you do not have extensive working experience in the corporate world and secondly, you will be over qualified for any entry level position with your phd/masters

Old 26-02-2016, 12:11 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
To answer your question, even if you get your top 100 masters/phd, your employment prospects will be quite slim. Firstly you do not have extensive working experience in the corporate world and secondly, you will be over qualified for any entry level position with your phd/masters
not only over qualify, age also problem. nobody wanna hire 35-36 yo to be a entry level exec
Old 26-02-2016, 11:17 AM

Blueberry is on a distinguished road

Quote:
it is real. it is an online diploma and degree but i got good gre scores and the degree itself is fch. phds are easier to get in as very few people want to spend so many years without a job in school, and phd doesn't increase your salary vis a vis a masters.

a local university also shortlisted me, still waiting for results.

the thing is in singapore you guys are so fussy about online offline etc yet only 30% of each cohort can go to local university. so many companies dont 'recognise' my online degree. it is a pain in the ass, so i got to go back to on campus to do basically the same modules again. i made a mistake doing an online degree anyway.

i am not confident about finishing the phd, as 50% don't complete, it is not easy. beside i will be giving up 4 years of income and i will be 35 if i do complete, losing out on more working years?

the jcu degree is just 10 modules and 1 year. after i get it i can do a 1 year masters or most probably work for a few years. you think after i get that degree i can find a entry level banking or marketing job? what are my chances? how about getting into the civil service?

that's all i want to do in life, just 3-5k stable job i am happy.
You should start to look for a job of your preferred industry and start working now. This is to gain experience in your preferred industry. No point getting a higher certificate when you do not have the related work experience and you are not even a young student who just graduated from school. You can always do a part-time degree whatsoever. Forget about online courses seriously. I never trust those things unless the courses are for people to take up for leisure. You already mentioned you have lost out so why still continue to waste your time ? 31 years old is not young anymore. Start working now. When you look back some 10 years later, you will be thankful that you managed to woo back the lost time.
Old 26-02-2016, 11:30 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueberry View Post
You should start to look for a job of your preferred industry and start working now. This is to gain experience in your preferred industry. No point getting a higher certificate when you do not have the related work experience and you are not even a young student who just graduated from school. You can always do a part-time degree whatsoever. Forget about online courses seriously. I never trust those things unless the courses are for people to take up for leisure. You already mentioned you have lost out so why still continue to waste your time ? 31 years old is not young anymore. Start working now. When you look back some 10 years later, you will be thankful that you managed to woo back the lost time.
work as what? his qualification so far is on par with only O level. at most can get admin, retail assistant, warehouse or certis security jobs. it is better to upskill a specific area through ite or poly first. at first i thought maybe he can teach english tuition here, but looking at his language skills so far in malaysia can, but confirm not enough for singapore. another option is to do commission sales like credit cards, insurance, mlm, property.
Old 26-02-2016, 11:46 AM

Blueberry is on a distinguished road

Quote:
work as what? his qualification so far is on par with only O level. at most can get admin, retail assistant, warehouse or certis security jobs. it is better to upskill a specific area through ite or poly first. at first i thought maybe he can teach english tuition here, but looking at his language skills so far in malaysia can, but confirm not enough for singapore. another option is to do commission sales like credit cards, insurance, mlm, property.
No choice. For him, he has to start from the bottom even before he can ask for $3k to 5k. He has to start somewhere. There are no short-cuts here in Singapore, other countries I am not sure. People EXPECT work experience when you are not a young student who just graduated from school. This is a straight-forward pre-requisite. It seems like his way of dealing with reality is CMI and he is making himself go round and round and if this goes on, he will regret losing out even more.