31 yo liao no a levels/poly dip, online degree, no work exp - Page 7 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries

31 yo liao no a levels/poly dip, online degree, no work exp

Old 25-02-2016, 02:43 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
One way of testing all your assumptions is for you to take private A levels.

Since you have already declared it is very easy, you should have no issues getting all As and going to NUS within one year.

Mai tu liao.
he already have problems understanding the differences between cambridge dip and certification recongised or even issued by by uni of cambridge liao. and what nottingham malaysia, monash malaysia, birmingham sim top 100 liao. you think he can make it meh!

Old 25-02-2016, 02:52 PM

jiaklatliao is on a distinguished road

Quote:
How sure are you that her master trainer certification that was certified by uni of cambridge is the same as the one you think that is 4 months part time 4k course? if you cant even understand what is the use of the master trainer cert then you are in no position to talk like you know. a master trainer cert is to certified herself, just like others who got a professional engineer certification. IT IS HER ASSET.

NTU although is a self manage uni in sg but it is not some dick and henry private school like what you think it is. How well is mellisa pay no one knows but for sure it is not 3-5k. yes NTU is famous for low pay so is other edu industry in sg but she can be pay higher then what you think actually.

No one wants to waste time talking to useless people like you who claim smart and claim this claim that. if JCU works for you and you insisted, then go ahead dont need waste time convince others, dont end up still cant get a reply from a job then kpkb and seek stupid advice again.
why u so obsessed with melissa? i quote from her profile:

Mellissa is an Accredited Master Trainer certified by the University of Cambridge for their International Diploma for Teachers and Trainer programmes.

go google 'cambridge International Diploma for Teachers and Trainer '.

Cambridge International Diploma for Teachers and Trainers - Kaplan Professional - Kaplan Professional

kaplan does offer that course, 4 months part time, 4k sgd.

she has a masters, bach and experience yes, kudos to her. but u keep saying her master trainer is certified by cambridge is some big deal

her masters and experience is a 'big deal' though.

Quote:
Dont be a troller la. obviously from what you list it is all nonsense. can you name the school that you a phd from what top 50? bs! liverpool, nottingham malaysia, monash malaysia, birmingham sim top 100? sorry distance learning and not getting the same cert from the school back in uk doesnt put you to be so called top 100 uni. i have degree from UK campus and sorry, they dont take in what online degree for master of phd. if you are just trolling, pls save the space for some other good qns. the end.
i dont really wanna name it (both the foreign and local schools) for obvious reasons (scary people like you la). if u believe i am lying then so be it loh.

my question is, if i get a top 100 masters/phd plus my online degree what is my employment prospects like.

Old 25-02-2016, 02:53 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiaklatliao View Post
thanks you make a lot of sense with respect to retrenchment and civil service. the only issue is my age, if i take a poly dip full time, i will be 34 when i grad, part time, i will be 36. it is kind of pointless by then. if i wanna do a degree, then i will be 40 or so when i grad, what is the income difference at that age?

as for getting into good schools, i have been offered places for bach and masters and phds.

right now, on my desk, i have an offer letter to do a phd from a top 50 uni, and offer to do masters or bach from jcu/curtin. i have been shortlisted by a local uni for masters/phd as well. talked to consultants sent them my certs, liverpool, nottingham malaysia, monash malaysia, birmingham sim are all no problems. doing masters at a top 100 unis is not a big problem really. going to jcu is due to money reasons, or else, i probably can enter a g8 in aus or a russell group in uk. which once again makes doing a poly dip completely futile.

if i do do a masters in a top 100 uni, with an online degree still, what are my propsects of getting a job in singapore?
Those you mentioned is not considered top 100 unless end of the day you took the same cert (every wording the same with no title saying malaysia or sim) back as the main school. if not i dont see it as a prospect. actually i don't care how many letters you have on your table because i doubt your credibility.

with distance learning like how you do and those fch online degree, i wont tell you my advice but i can say hard to land you a job. even if it lands, you probably will get 2.5k because all those online and whatever cert will highly not take into consideration. SIM grad will be more competitive then you. landing a job first then talk about money.

Old 25-02-2016, 02:58 PM

Quote:
One way of testing all your assumptions is for you to take private A levels.

Since you have already declared it is very easy, you should have no issues getting all As and going to NUS within one year.

Mai tu liao.
thought about that as well. a levels registrations open now. issue is i only got 6 months to study, and i need to find a school in singapore, pay them 10k to prepare me. singpaore's syllabus is different from the uk's hard to find textbooks here.

i got a biz degree, so i looked at accounting, business studies, economics etc. easy enough. not sure about a but with some prep c/b should be possible.

i will have to give up all my offers for this year and just dive into a levels.

but then, even if i get into nus, i will be out of it at 35-36, a little pointless. time is the issue here. go to jcu/curtin, out by 31-32, work for 4 years by then, maybe even a masters in the mix.
Old 25-02-2016, 03:00 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
why u so obsessed with melissa? i quote from her profile:

Mellissa is an Accredited Master Trainer certified by the University of Cambridge for their International Diploma for Teachers and Trainer programmes.

go google 'cambridge International Diploma for Teachers and Trainer '.

[url=://.kaplan.com.sg/professional/course/diploma-for-teachers-and-trainers/cambridge-international-diploma-for-teachers-and-trainers/]Cambridge International Diploma for Teachers and Trainers - Kaplan Professional - Kaplan Professional[/

kaplan does offer that course, 4 months part time, 4k sgd.

she has a masters, bach and experience yes, kudos to her. but u keep saying her master trainer is certified by cambridge is some big deal

her masters and experience is a 'big deal' though.
you really need to do some understanding first. Not people are obsessed with mellissa. the point is you think her cert is the same as the kaplan one. MasterTrainer certified by the University of Cambridge for their International Diploma for Teachers and Trainer programmes doesn't even mean cambridge dip blah blah. instead, you should go google uni of cambridge sch website and see under the school which other sch they accredited to. also the kaplan website didint state it is certified by university of cambridge. it just put cambridge dip and obviously, it is not talking about the same uni of cambridge. like people saying, you definitely have difficulty in understanding words.
Old 25-02-2016, 03:04 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
i dont really wanna name it (both the foreign and local schools) for obvious reasons (scary people like you la). if u believe i am lying then so be it loh.

my question is, if i get a top 100 masters/phd plus my online degree what is my employment prospects like.
if you can get the same cert as those in the main school, maybe you will have some chance. if your cert state what malaysia, sim, etc. then pls stop saying it is top 100 because it is not. employment prospect is - they will hire someone with proper dip courses although holding a SIM cert grad then you. you can just stay in malaysia. full stop.

Old 25-02-2016, 03:06 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
you really need to do some understanding first. Not people are obsessed with mellissa. the point is you think her cert is the same as the kaplan one. MasterTrainer certified by the University of Cambridge for their International Diploma for Teachers and Trainer programmes doesn't even mean cambridge dip blah blah. instead, you should go google uni of cambridge sch website and see under the school which other sch they accredited to. also the kaplan website didint state it is certified by university of cambridge. it just put cambridge dip and obviously, it is not talking about the same uni of cambridge. like people saying, you definitely have difficulty in understanding words.
That is why everyone is telling him to go to poly, except for another guy who just wants him to go and fail his A levels badly so that he know how stupid he really is.

With his level of English comprehension, he obviously have problems passing even the O levels now. He might be a teacher, but he only fit to teach in Malaysia, where their first language is not English.

I figured out what he mean by top 100 unis liao. He means out of all the online-only degrees subset, the ones he is considering is in the top 100.

Nvm that no one recognises online degrees. He is just repeating his old mistakes and hoping for a different result.
Old 25-02-2016, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Those you mentioned is not considered top 100 unless end of the day you took the same cert (every wording the same with no title saying malaysia or sim) back as the main school. if not i dont see it as a prospect. actually i don't care how many letters you have on your table because i doubt your credibility.

with distance learning like how you do and those fch online degree, i wont tell you my advice but i can say hard to land you a job. even if it lands, you probably will get 2.5k because all those online and whatever cert will highly not take into consideration. SIM grad will be more competitive then you. landing a job first then talk about money.
malaysia monash and nottingham certs are the same, they are campuses after all in the same university. i seen the certs from the consultants.

i would prefer to go to aus or uk but of course money is the issue. looking at 40k vs maybe 80k.

sim grads are more competitive yes, that is the reason i am studying further.

i've got 3 choices.

1. online bachelors + decent masters
2. do a jcu bachelors (dont use online bachelors) and find work and maybe do a masters.
3. do a phd + online bachelors
Old 25-02-2016, 03:13 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
hahahha. spot on la! Cambridge is an educational standard level. Singapore school also follow cambridge level but is our O/A level issued by cambridge? obviously no right!
Old 25-02-2016, 03:17 PM

Quote:
That is why everyone is telling him to go to poly, except for another guy who just wants him to go and fail his A levels badly so that he know how stupid he really is.

With his level of English comprehension, he obviously have problems passing even the O levels now. He might be a teacher, but he only fit to teach in Malaysia, where their first language is not English.

I figured out what he mean by top 100 unis liao. He means out of all the online-only degrees subset, the ones he is considering is in the top 100.

Nvm that no one recognises online degrees. He is just repeating his old mistakes and hoping for a different result.
all my choices are on campus degrees. a levels, maybe one or two subjects tough, seen past year papers, should be okay.

o levels? actually mine was l1r5 6points after cca. english was a. gre score was 162 verbal reasoning.

Quote:
if you can get the same cert as those in the main school, maybe you will have some chance. if your cert state what malaysia, sim, etc. then pls stop saying it is top 100 because it is not. employment prospect is - they will hire someone with proper dip courses although holding a SIM cert grad then you. you can just stay in malaysia. full stop.
hmm yeah maybe give it a try la hor? no point going back to dip, no time.

2.5k salary, i am quite happy with that if it is the right job actually.