31 yo liao no a levels/poly dip, online degree, no work exp - Page 6 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries

31 yo liao no a levels/poly dip, online degree, no work exp

Old 25-02-2016, 01:37 PM

jiaklatliao is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
If you are really half as smart and well connected as you say, you wouldn't be in a situation that is even worse than a typical experienced NITEC educated grad at your age.

I'm not sure what you are hoping to achieve here. You put down anyone that doesn't agree with you as uninformed and at the same time put out juvenile requests for people to teach you how to make money.

I manage a small team of technicians and support coordinators at work. Most are NITEC or diploma holders around your age. I would without hesitation hire them over someone without any useful experience like you who has only a bunch of useless online and crash course degrees to show for.

Are you naive enough to think you can just lepak in Malaysia then pay a cert jump right back in and get a higher pay than a typical NITEC or diploma holder who has slowly accumulated experience and constantly upgraded himself?
sorry don't mean to come across that way. i meant it in a light hearted manner, especially when people talk about the cambridge diploma in international training as if it is some kind of holy grail.

how much do most nitec or diploma holders my age make?

i do not think i am better than them, if they have been upgrading then i guess they should be degreed or masters now? or hold certs lik ccna etc?

then they make more money than me, that's fine. look there are diploma guys in banks with years of relevant experience earning 10k or whatever my age. that's fine.

i am just looking for my own life, and getting ideas about which is the right decision. i just hope to make 2-3k plus starting out, then gain experience and go to 3-5 after some time and start a faimly.

i respect everyone and help everyone. we are all just trying to make a living and support out families here/

Old 25-02-2016, 01:44 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiaklatliao View Post
i admitted my online degree was a mistake. i listed those online degrees mainly to reply to someone who said prestigious universities don't offer them. i am not endorsing online degrees, in contrast, i am choosing to go back on campus to study for either a phd or a bachelors/masters.

jcu is not the best school but i have no money to go to aus or uk to do 3 years etc on campus.

going to poly is pretty fluffy. i will be 34 with a poly diploma even if i study full time, what good will that do for me?? time wise, income wise, in terms of the content...

i already have a bachelors and have access to master level courses or bachelors courses, might as well do from bachelors or masters or phd. even sim uol graduate entry bachelors degrees are only 2 years part time.

moe teachers? no. is mellissa an moe teacher? no. she is a trainer...i.e. private teacher...

if you have any good suggestions on how too turn my life around, please let me know. please don't say go to poly or ite...thanks.
well, the poster never did say mellissa is an moe teacher. she is a master trainer holding a professional certification that i doubt it is the same as kaplan or whatever 4k course you think it is. As she is able to get a job in NTU and hold a Senior AD post , this already explained she definitely have a strong background and some useful academic qualification if not i doubt NTU will even let her in.

Yes you hold a "prestigious accred." bachelors degree which was done online and i didn't even know uol part time degree was just 2 years which makes me wonder why people study 3-4 years full time.

Come let me guide you like how you wish. Go JCU and complete your masters. That's good enough then go PHD if possible. you will have a wonderful career as you wish. period.

Old 25-02-2016, 01:49 PM
Unregistered

Thumbs up jiaklatliao

I suggest you be Uber driver or a bus captain.

Don't waste time into study anymore as it is leading you nowhere.

Quote:
i admitted my online degree was a mistake. i listed those online degrees mainly to reply to someone who said prestigious universities don't offer them. i am not endorsing online degrees, in contrast, i am choosing to go back on campus to study for either a phd or a bachelors/masters.

jcu is not the best school but i have no money to go to aus or uk to do 3 years etc on campus.

going to poly is pretty fluffy. i will be 34 with a poly diploma even if i study full time, what good will that do for me?? time wise, income wise, in terms of the content...

i already have a bachelors and have access to master level courses or bachelors courses, might as well do from bachelors or masters or phd. even sim uol graduate entry bachelors degrees are only 2 years part time.

moe teachers? no. is mellissa an moe teacher? no. she is a trainer...i.e. private teacher...

if you have any good suggestions on how too turn my life around, please let me know. please don't say go to poly or ite...thanks.

Old 25-02-2016, 01:55 PM
Unregistered

Quote:

Ya. recently newspaper said that plus OT can reach 3k or slightly more. This totally matches the range he wants. my bro was even older then you and i'm just a year younger then you. My bro has same expectation as you and in his mid 30s he also go back to sch just managed to complete his part-time dip in poly and now starting a part-time degree in SIM. after he complete his 4 years part time, he will be in his 40s and he don't mind because he knew he had started wrong initially and wanted to start things right. i admired him eventhou he will end up with just a sim degree but he never give up and willing to go the "correct" path. he is single by the way.
Old 25-02-2016, 02:05 PM
Unregistered

Do you know why people encouraged you to go back poly and start again and not get a JCU cert? so what your bachelor is accessible for master. can you get a masters or phd entry in a more prestigious uni then JCU and not some online school? The ans is obviously no. The obvious reason why so many people wanted you to go get a proper dip from poly and go back way upwards is because when face retrenchment, you still have a chance to survive in this harsh world and another reason is at least they still can let you have chances to go in civil service which from there you can go take part-time degree from local uni or SIM..

so what you obtained a master degree or phd from JCU? it is useless anyway because most places actually see your degree first. And also, obtaining a masters or phd is a not big deal. it is not useful anyway. Now that you made a wrong move in getting a degree. the only way to make it right is either you start a proper dip course or that if possible enrol yourself in SIM degree again rather then JCU.
Old 25-02-2016, 02:08 PM

Quote:

actually i really don't mind but i dont even have a dirvers license.

Quote:
well, the poster never did say mellissa is an moe teacher. she is a master trainer holding a professional certification that i doubt it is the same as kaplan or whatever 4k course you think it is. As she is able to get a job in NTU and hold a Senior AD post , this already explained she definitely have a strong background and some useful academic qualification if not i doubt NTU will even let her in.

Yes you hold a "prestigious accred." bachelors degree which was done online and i didn't even know uol part time degree was just 2 years which makes me wonder why people study 3-4 years full time.

Come let me guide you like how you wish. Go JCU and complete your masters. That's good enough then go PHD if possible. you will have a wonderful career as you wish. period.
well, like i say, everyone can be a master trainer, including me and the cambridge diploma is just a 4 months part time 4k course at kaplan.

mellisa has done well to get her bach and masters in edu and of course, become a director in a private school. those are her true assets not some master trainer cert.

how much is melissa's pay at ntu? ntu is famous for low pay and likewise for the training industry.

uol degrees have a graduate entry option that allows people with degrees to complete them within 2 years.

ya i really thinking of doing a bach and masters within 2-3 years. then work.

Old 25-02-2016, 02:30 PM
Unregistered

Quote:

well, like i say, everyone can be a master trainer, including me and the cambridge diploma is just a 4 months part time 4k course at kaplan.

mellisa has done well to get her bach and masters in edu and of course, become a director in a private school. those are her true assets not some master trainer cert.

how much is melissa's pay at ntu? ntu is famous for low pay and likewise for the training industry.

uol degrees have a graduate entry option that allows people with degrees to complete them within 2 years.

ya i really thinking of doing a bach and masters within 2-3 years. then work.
How sure are you that her master trainer certification that was certified by uni of cambridge is the same as the one you think that is 4 months part time 4k course? if you cant even understand what is the use of the master trainer cert then you are in no position to talk like you know. a master trainer cert is to certified herself, just like others who got a professional engineer certification. IT IS HER ASSET.

NTU although is a self manage uni in sg but it is not some dick and henry private school like what you think it is. How well is mellisa pay no one knows but for sure it is not 3-5k. yes NTU is famous for low pay so is other edu industry in sg but she can be pay higher then what you think actually.

No one wants to waste time talking to useless people like you who claim smart and claim this claim that. if JCU works for you and you insisted, then go ahead dont need waste time convince others, dont end up still cant get a reply from a job then kpkb and seek stupid advice again.
Old 25-02-2016, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Do you know why people encouraged you to go back poly and start again and not get a JCU cert? so what your bachelor is accessible for master. can you get a masters or phd entry in a more prestigious uni then JCU and not some online school? The ans is obviously no. The obvious reason why so many people wanted you to go get a proper dip from poly and go back way upwards is because when face retrenchment, you still have a chance to survive in this harsh world and another reason is at least they still can let you have chances to go in civil service which from there you can go take part-time degree from local uni or SIM..

so what you obtained a master degree or phd from JCU? it is useless anyway because most places actually see your degree first. And also, obtaining a masters or phd is a not big deal. it is not useful anyway. Now that you made a wrong move in getting a degree. the only way to make it right is either you start a proper dip course or that if possible enrol yourself in SIM degree again rather then JCU.
thanks you make a lot of sense with respect to retrenchment and civil service. the only issue is my age, if i take a poly dip full time, i will be 34 when i grad, part time, i will be 36. it is kind of pointless by then. if i wanna do a degree, then i will be 40 or so when i grad, what is the income difference at that age?

as for getting into good schools, i have been offered places for bach and masters and phds.

right now, on my desk, i have an offer letter to do a phd from a top 50 uni, and offer to do masters or bach from jcu/curtin. i have been shortlisted by a local uni for masters/phd as well. talked to consultants sent them my certs, liverpool, nottingham malaysia, monash malaysia, birmingham sim are all no problems. doing masters at a top 100 unis is not a big problem really. going to jcu is due to money reasons, or else, i probably can enter a g8 in aus or a russell group in uk. which once again makes doing a poly dip completely futile.

if i do do a masters in a top 100 uni, with an online degree still, what are my propsects of getting a job in singapore?

Last edited by jiaklatliao; 25-02-2016 at 02:36 PM.
Old 25-02-2016, 02:37 PM
Unregistered

One way of testing all your assumptions is for you to take private A levels.

Since you have already declared it is very easy, you should have no issues getting all As and going to NUS within one year.

Mai tu liao.
Old 25-02-2016, 02:41 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
thanks you make a lot of sense with respect to retrenchment and civil service. the only issue is my age, if i take a poly dip full time, i will be 34 when i grad, part time, i will be 36. it is kind of pointless by then. if i wanna do a degree, then i will be 40 or so when i grad, what is the income difference at that age?

as for getting into good schools, i have been offered places for bach and masters and phds.

right now, on my desk, i have an offer letter to do a phd from a top 50 uni, and offer to do masters or bach from jcu/curtin. i have been shortlisted by a local uni for masters/phd as well. talked to consultants sent them my certs, liverpool, nottingham malaysia, monash malaysia, birmingham sim are all no problems. doing masters at a top 100 unis is not a big problem really. going to jcu is due to money reasons, or else, i probably can enter a g8 in aus or a russell group in uk. which once again makes doing a poly dip completely futile.

if i do do a masters in a top 100 uni, with an online degree still, what are my propsects of getting a job in singapore?
Dont be a troller la. obviously from what you list it is all nonsense. can you name the school that you a phd from what top 50? bs! liverpool, nottingham malaysia, monash malaysia, birmingham sim top 100? sorry distance learning and not getting the same cert from the school back in uk doesnt put you to be so called top 100 uni. i have degree from UK campus and sorry, they dont take in what online degree for master of phd. if you are just trolling, pls save the space for some other good qns. the end.