31 yo liao no a levels/poly dip, online degree, no work exp - Page 5 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




31 yo liao no a levels/poly dip, online degree, no work exp

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #41 (permalink)  
Old 24-02-2016, 06:31 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 42
jiaklatliao is on a distinguished road
Default

by the way, this int dip for teachers and trainer by uni of cambridge is offered by many schools even kaplan signapore. this is a part time 4 months 4k course that anyone can do, even if you are psle. even a celta or delta may be better than this.

Reply With Quote
  #42 (permalink)  
Old 24-02-2016, 11:45 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 42
jiaklatliao is on a distinguished road
Default

gimme a break man. i work in a uni with professors and lecturers. been in over dozens of schools, be it private or public. i know almost every salary and certification in this industry.

here is your cambridge international diploma aka accredited by cambridge. Cambridge International Diploma for Teachers and Trainers - Kaplan Professional - Kaplan Professional

wouldnt even put it as equal to a delta, just equal to a tefl. a grad cert of higher edu would be better than this. masters in edu, yes, well done on that. but that is just 1 year away from me anyway.

maybe i got to drink some beer, and continue down this rabbit hole, do a masters and acta concurrently, and continue my monkey dancing career, and find myself in mellissa's shoe 10 years later earning 3-4k sgd in ntu stuck at this level for life.

since i already got years of exp here, and a certificate. might as well let titanic sink a little deeper and jump deeper into this industry of eternal low wages.

at least can retire with some cpf right? teacher sounds good right?

the key is more beer and less reality.


Last edited by jiaklatliao; 24-02-2016 at 11:49 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #43 (permalink)  
Old 24-02-2016, 11:56 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 42
jiaklatliao is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
What's your interest? So far all I am reading is you want to get an office job in banking or marketing.

Just go get a job related to your interest and then upgrade in areas that are relevant to your chosen career. Best is if your attitude and capabilities are demonstrated, some companies even willing to sponsor further education.

I agree with the rest of the posters here that you shouldn't waste time pursuing dubious certificates. It is better to gain proper work experience followed by relevant education that actually helps, not just buying degree for degree sake.

You already made the mistake of doing online diplomas and degrees which in the end lead to nothing and have to run road to Malaysia to teach English.

In Singapore most people peak their careers in late 30s or 40, you don't really have a lot of time to waste before the age factor sets in.
ya la thats why i am kan chiong now. i am not wasting time buying dubious certificates, i am thinking of studying in james cook on campus for a bachelors (and then i will throw away my online one). or doing a phd in a good university.

or alternatively doing a masters in notts malaysia or monash malaysia or in sim or another bachelors in kaplan whatever.

my interest is making money so i can get married soon, preferably in banking back office or oil and gas.

been applying for banking jobs no reply. oil and gas havent tried. only got pesky insurance agents trying to scam me.

dont wanna do a finance degree i am not a quant guy. so maybe try a marketing degree from jcu or somewhere and pray i can find a back office banking job or work in marketing in a bank or oil and gas loh.

then find girlfriend, get married, live stable life loh. earn 3-5k each month, have a happy time after work, weekends go to the park.

that is my dream in life loh.

Reply With Quote
  #44 (permalink)  
Old 25-02-2016, 12:22 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 42
jiaklatliao is on a distinguished road
Default

if any bright towkays, nus fch, ntu big 4 tax president, bcg consultant reading this, give xiao di some ideas with ur experience how i can change my life la.

xiao di is not stupid one, results in school good, just now lack experience on how to get to where i want in life.

thanks hor, ntu nus fch scholars, bcg consultants, big partner, etc.

gam xia gam xia.

door jie door jie.

terlimakase.
Reply With Quote
  #45 (permalink)  
Old 25-02-2016, 12:44 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiaklatliao View Post
if any bright towkays, nus fch, ntu big 4 tax president, bcg consultant reading this, give xiao di some ideas with ur experience how i can change my life la.

xiao di is not stupid one, results in school good, just now lack experience on how to get to where i want in life.

thanks hor, ntu nus fch scholars, bcg consultants, big partner, etc.

gam xia gam xia.

door jie door jie.

terlimakase.
sound more like a pimple face teenager...
Reply With Quote
  #46 (permalink)  
Old 25-02-2016, 08:42 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiaklatliao View Post
there are many prestigious universities with online degrees. ucl, imperial, manchester, liverpool, new york university, university california berkeley, durham, usc, edinburgh, even oxford have distance courses with some seminar requirements, etc.

i know my degree is not worth much which is why i am furthering my studies.


[url=://.topuniversities.com/courses/business-management-studies/top-universities-offering-online-degrees-business]Top Universities Offering Online Degrees in Business | Top Universities[/
anything counted as prestigious is top 100 in world actually. and well, i think no point everyone talking or giving you advice. As you mentioned, you worked with uni prof so well and i guess they are the best to guide you and not peasants like us. Also since you were able to list out so many online degree and why are you pursuing JCU rather then the one you claimed oxford has it?

Most imptly, i can see that you just wish people to support that online degree are worth it and pursing a masters or phd in JCU is equally good. From all the post that i read and although majority suggested that you should go back poly and get a full campus cert but i doubt you wouldnt one to listen and looking at how swallow you think, i can fully understand why you took up online degrees in the beginning - you just want things fast.

Look boy, you have failed once and didnt you realise some useless cert will not do you well? obviously you dont need any fch pr scholar to give you advice because none of them even think of JCU in the first place and the people they worked with most probably are people with proper certs.

I think it is better for you to pursue what you want as it is obvious you are not someone who take in people words. today im in the working world and im telling you the fact in sg and you might not even believe it. i think you better stay in malaysia.


Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills


SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote

  #47 (permalink)  
Old 25-02-2016, 08:52 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiaklatliao View Post
gimme a break man. i work in a uni with professors and lecturers. been in over dozens of schools, be it private or public. i know almost every salary and certification in this industry.

here is your cambridge international diploma aka accredited by cambridge. [url=://.kaplan.com.sg/professional/course/diploma-for-teachers-and-trainers/cambridge-international-diploma-for-teachers-and-trainers/]Cambridge International Diploma for Teachers and Trainers - Kaplan Professional - Kaplan Professional[/

wouldnt even put it as equal to a delta, just equal to a tefl. a grad cert of higher edu would be better than this. masters in edu, yes, well done on that. but that is just 1 year away from me anyway.

maybe i got to drink some beer, and continue down this rabbit hole, do a masters and acta concurrently, and continue my monkey dancing career, and find myself in mellissa's shoe 10 years later earning 3-4k sgd in ntu stuck at this level for life.

since i already got years of exp here, and a certificate. might as well let titanic sink a little deeper and jump deeper into this industry of eternal low wages.

at least can retire with some cpf right? teacher sounds good right?

the key is more beer and less reality.
i dont think you didnt got it right. cambridge education doesnt mean came from uni of cambridge or certified by cambridge? well if you think you can be in mellissa's shoe then go ahead and get a JCU degree. no point arguing over here listing you are smart actually. if you were, you wouldnt have choose this route for godsake. lastly, i hope JCU can get you a career in teaching in sg. I am from the educational side and i didnt really see someone with weird degree or online degree unless you were saying some FT from india or so. Thank You.
Reply With Quote
  #48 (permalink)  
Old 25-02-2016, 11:11 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 42
jiaklatliao is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
anything counted as prestigious is top 100 in world actually. and well, i think no point everyone talking or giving you advice. As you mentioned, you worked with uni prof so well and i guess they are the best to guide you and not peasants like us. Also since you were able to list out so many online degree and why are you pursuing JCU rather then the one you claimed oxford has it?

Most imptly, i can see that you just wish people to support that online degree are worth it and pursing a masters or phd in JCU is equally good. From all the post that i read and although majority suggested that you should go back poly and get a full campus cert but i doubt you wouldnt one to listen and looking at how swallow you think, i can fully understand why you took up online degrees in the beginning - you just want things fast.

Look boy, you have failed once and didnt you realise some useless cert will not do you well? obviously you dont need any fch pr scholar to give you advice because none of them even think of JCU in the first place and the people they worked with most probably are people with proper certs.

I think it is better for you to pursue what you want as it is obvious you are not someone who take in people words. today im in the working world and im telling you the fact in sg and you might not even believe it. i think you better stay in malaysia.
i admitted my online degree was a mistake. i listed those online degrees mainly to reply to someone who said prestigious universities don't offer them. i am not endorsing online degrees, in contrast, i am choosing to go back on campus to study for either a phd or a bachelors/masters.

jcu is not the best school but i have no money to go to aus or uk to do 3 years etc on campus.

going to poly is pretty fluffy. i will be 34 with a poly diploma even if i study full time, what good will that do for me?? time wise, income wise, in terms of the content...

i already have a bachelors and have access to master level courses or bachelors courses, might as well do from bachelors or masters or phd. even sim uol graduate entry bachelors degrees are only 2 years part time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i dont think you didnt got it right. cambridge education doesnt mean came from uni of cambridge or certified by cambridge? well if you think you can be in mellissa's shoe then go ahead and get a JCU degree. no point arguing over here listing you are smart actually. if you were, you wouldnt have choose this route for godsake. lastly, i hope JCU can get you a career in teaching in sg. I am from the educational side and i didnt really see someone with weird degree or online degree unless you were saying some FT from india or so. Thank You.
moe teachers? no. is mellissa an moe teacher? no. she is a trainer...i.e. private teacher...

if you have any good suggestions on how too turn my life around, please let me know. please don't say go to poly or ite...thanks.
Reply With Quote
  #49 (permalink)  
Old 25-02-2016, 11:27 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

blah blah i'm so smart and well connected to professors. blah blah you all don't know anything about education, i know best. blah blah melissa is just a pte trainer who got a cert from kaplan for 4k.

talk big online, but in real life just a loser who sends out job applications & cannot even get 1 reply, end up with a rubbish cert making 2k teaching in malaysia at 31.

sure everyone is dumb, u the smartest loh. just go buy that jcu cert and stop wasting time here.
Reply With Quote
  #50 (permalink)  
Old 25-02-2016, 12:31 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

If you are really half as smart and well connected as you say, you wouldn't be in a situation that is even worse than a typical experienced NITEC educated grad at your age.

I'm not sure what you are hoping to achieve here. You put down anyone that doesn't agree with you as uninformed and at the same time put out juvenile requests for people to teach you how to make money.

I manage a small team of technicians and support coordinators at work. Most are NITEC or diploma holders around your age. I would without hesitation hire them over someone without any useful experience like you who has only a bunch of useless online and crash course degrees to show for.

Are you naive enough to think you can just lepak in Malaysia then pay a cert jump right back in and get a higher pay than a typical NITEC or diploma holder who has slowly accumulated experience and constantly upgraded himself?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Job Levels & Salary Range at Microsoft Singapore joe2013 Income and Jobs 1 24-05-2013 01:25 PM
Master graduates pay levels? freshboi Income and Jobs 4 24-02-2013 04:19 PM
HR executive (female) (N/O levels) xtrasaver Marketplace and Find Work 0 07-07-2012 02:09 PM
Salary levels for Sr. Managers gvvaidya Income and Jobs 11 21-01-2011 04:00 PM
Private home prices up to pre-crisis levels Salary.sg Investments and Net Worth 0 03-07-2007 02:22 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
12,602 Replies, 7,351,512 Views
Queries about Cpib application ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,269 Replies, 642,137 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
13,735 Replies, 4,621,287 Views
How is HTX Associate Programme... ( 1 2 3)
20 Replies, 6,733 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,073 Replies, 2,528,018 Views
UOB Management Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
447 Replies, 276,343 Views
Maybank ( 1 2 3)
20 Replies, 6,806 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,017 Replies, 523,284 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,680 Replies, 1,284,836 Views
Starting Pay for CS/Ministries... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
241 Replies, 109,950 Views
IMDA (under MCI) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
119 Replies, 58,026 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,335 Replies, 575,074 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,009 Replies, 2,504,691 Views
MAS for Mid Career Professionals ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
481 Replies, 273,589 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,753 Replies, 1,413,812 Views
How much are you earning per annum? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
12,699 Replies, 4,357,441 Views
If you can't find a company here... ( 1 2)
12 Replies, 1,550 Views
GIC (Government of Singapore... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
329 Replies, 453,687 Views
Asset Management Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
33 Replies, 4,012 Views
DBS tech seed programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
869 Replies, 224,044 Views
Pacific Century CyberWorks (PCCW)
1 Replies, 57 Views
Working Culture in IRAS ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
56 Replies, 86,525 Views
All about Home Affairs Senior... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
182 Replies, 208,361 Views
Work culture in IHiS ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
146 Replies, 137,550 Views
Hospital (Private or Public)... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
87 Replies, 23,147 Views
Visa Inc
0 Replies, 49 Views
Shopee
0 Replies, 80 Views
Food Panda
1 Replies, 66 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 05:30 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2