31 yo liao no a levels/poly dip, online degree, no work exp - Page 5 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries

31 yo liao no a levels/poly dip, online degree, no work exp

Old 24-02-2016, 06:31 PM

jiaklatliao is on a distinguished road

by the way, this int dip for teachers and trainer by uni of cambridge is offered by many schools even kaplan signapore. this is a part time 4 months 4k course that anyone can do, even if you are psle. even a celta or delta may be better than this.

Old 24-02-2016, 11:45 PM

gimme a break man. i work in a uni with professors and lecturers. been in over dozens of schools, be it private or public. i know almost every salary and certification in this industry.

here is your cambridge international diploma aka accredited by cambridge. Cambridge International Diploma for Teachers and Trainers - Kaplan Professional - Kaplan Professional

wouldnt even put it as equal to a delta, just equal to a tefl. a grad cert of higher edu would be better than this. masters in edu, yes, well done on that. but that is just 1 year away from me anyway.

maybe i got to drink some beer, and continue down this rabbit hole, do a masters and acta concurrently, and continue my monkey dancing career, and find myself in mellissa's shoe 10 years later earning 3-4k sgd in ntu stuck at this level for life.

since i already got years of exp here, and a certificate. might as well let titanic sink a little deeper and jump deeper into this industry of eternal low wages.

at least can retire with some cpf right? teacher sounds good right?

the key is more beer and less reality.

Last edited by jiaklatliao; 24-02-2016 at 11:49 PM.
Old 24-02-2016, 11:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
What's your interest? So far all I am reading is you want to get an office job in banking or marketing.

Just go get a job related to your interest and then upgrade in areas that are relevant to your chosen career. Best is if your attitude and capabilities are demonstrated, some companies even willing to sponsor further education.

I agree with the rest of the posters here that you shouldn't waste time pursuing dubious certificates. It is better to gain proper work experience followed by relevant education that actually helps, not just buying degree for degree sake.

You already made the mistake of doing online diplomas and degrees which in the end lead to nothing and have to run road to Malaysia to teach English.

In Singapore most people peak their careers in late 30s or 40, you don't really have a lot of time to waste before the age factor sets in.
ya la thats why i am kan chiong now. i am not wasting time buying dubious certificates, i am thinking of studying in james cook on campus for a bachelors (and then i will throw away my online one). or doing a phd in a good university.

or alternatively doing a masters in notts malaysia or monash malaysia or in sim or another bachelors in kaplan whatever.

my interest is making money so i can get married soon, preferably in banking back office or oil and gas.

been applying for banking jobs no reply. oil and gas havent tried. only got pesky insurance agents trying to scam me.

dont wanna do a finance degree i am not a quant guy. so maybe try a marketing degree from jcu or somewhere and pray i can find a back office banking job or work in marketing in a bank or oil and gas loh.

then find girlfriend, get married, live stable life loh. earn 3-5k each month, have a happy time after work, weekends go to the park.

that is my dream in life loh.

Old 25-02-2016, 12:22 AM

if any bright towkays, nus fch, ntu big 4 tax president, bcg consultant reading this, give xiao di some ideas with ur experience how i can change my life la.

xiao di is not stupid one, results in school good, just now lack experience on how to get to where i want in life.

thanks hor, ntu nus fch scholars, bcg consultants, big partner, etc.

gam xia gam xia.

door jie door jie.

terlimakase.

Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Old 25-02-2016, 12:44 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiaklatliao View Post
if any bright towkays, nus fch, ntu big 4 tax president, bcg consultant reading this, give xiao di some ideas with ur experience how i can change my life la.

xiao di is not stupid one, results in school good, just now lack experience on how to get to where i want in life.

thanks hor, ntu nus fch scholars, bcg consultants, big partner, etc.

gam xia gam xia.

door jie door jie.

terlimakase.
sound more like a pimple face teenager...
Old 25-02-2016, 08:42 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
there are many prestigious universities with online degrees. ucl, imperial, manchester, liverpool, new york university, university california berkeley, durham, usc, edinburgh, even oxford have distance courses with some seminar requirements, etc.

i know my degree is not worth much which is why i am furthering my studies.

[url=://.topuniversities.com/courses/business-management-studies/top-universities-offering-online-degrees-business]Top Universities Offering Online Degrees in Business | Top Universities[/
anything counted as prestigious is top 100 in world actually. and well, i think no point everyone talking or giving you advice. As you mentioned, you worked with uni prof so well and i guess they are the best to guide you and not peasants like us. Also since you were able to list out so many online degree and why are you pursuing JCU rather then the one you claimed oxford has it?

Most imptly, i can see that you just wish people to support that online degree are worth it and pursing a masters or phd in JCU is equally good. From all the post that i read and although majority suggested that you should go back poly and get a full campus cert but i doubt you wouldnt one to listen and looking at how swallow you think, i can fully understand why you took up online degrees in the beginning - you just want things fast.

Look boy, you have failed once and didnt you realise some useless cert will not do you well? obviously you dont need any fch pr scholar to give you advice because none of them even think of JCU in the first place and the people they worked with most probably are people with proper certs.

I think it is better for you to pursue what you want as it is obvious you are not someone who take in people words. today im in the working world and im telling you the fact in sg and you might not even believe it. i think you better stay in malaysia.

Old 25-02-2016, 08:52 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
gimme a break man. i work in a uni with professors and lecturers. been in over dozens of schools, be it private or public. i know almost every salary and certification in this industry.

here is your cambridge international diploma aka accredited by cambridge. [url=://.kaplan.com.sg/professional/course/diploma-for-teachers-and-trainers/cambridge-international-diploma-for-teachers-and-trainers/]Cambridge International Diploma for Teachers and Trainers - Kaplan Professional - Kaplan Professional[/

wouldnt even put it as equal to a delta, just equal to a tefl. a grad cert of higher edu would be better than this. masters in edu, yes, well done on that. but that is just 1 year away from me anyway.

maybe i got to drink some beer, and continue down this rabbit hole, do a masters and acta concurrently, and continue my monkey dancing career, and find myself in mellissa's shoe 10 years later earning 3-4k sgd in ntu stuck at this level for life.

since i already got years of exp here, and a certificate. might as well let titanic sink a little deeper and jump deeper into this industry of eternal low wages.

at least can retire with some cpf right? teacher sounds good right?

the key is more beer and less reality.
i dont think you didnt got it right. cambridge education doesnt mean came from uni of cambridge or certified by cambridge? well if you think you can be in mellissa's shoe then go ahead and get a JCU degree. no point arguing over here listing you are smart actually. if you were, you wouldnt have choose this route for godsake. lastly, i hope JCU can get you a career in teaching in sg. I am from the educational side and i didnt really see someone with weird degree or online degree unless you were saying some FT from india or so. Thank You.
Old 25-02-2016, 11:11 AM

Quote:
anything counted as prestigious is top 100 in world actually. and well, i think no point everyone talking or giving you advice. As you mentioned, you worked with uni prof so well and i guess they are the best to guide you and not peasants like us. Also since you were able to list out so many online degree and why are you pursuing JCU rather then the one you claimed oxford has it?

Most imptly, i can see that you just wish people to support that online degree are worth it and pursing a masters or phd in JCU is equally good. From all the post that i read and although majority suggested that you should go back poly and get a full campus cert but i doubt you wouldnt one to listen and looking at how swallow you think, i can fully understand why you took up online degrees in the beginning - you just want things fast.

Look boy, you have failed once and didnt you realise some useless cert will not do you well? obviously you dont need any fch pr scholar to give you advice because none of them even think of JCU in the first place and the people they worked with most probably are people with proper certs.

I think it is better for you to pursue what you want as it is obvious you are not someone who take in people words. today im in the working world and im telling you the fact in sg and you might not even believe it. i think you better stay in malaysia.
i admitted my online degree was a mistake. i listed those online degrees mainly to reply to someone who said prestigious universities don't offer them. i am not endorsing online degrees, in contrast, i am choosing to go back on campus to study for either a phd or a bachelors/masters.

jcu is not the best school but i have no money to go to aus or uk to do 3 years etc on campus.

going to poly is pretty fluffy. i will be 34 with a poly diploma even if i study full time, what good will that do for me?? time wise, income wise, in terms of the content...

i already have a bachelors and have access to master level courses or bachelors courses, might as well do from bachelors or masters or phd. even sim uol graduate entry bachelors degrees are only 2 years part time.

Quote:
i dont think you didnt got it right. cambridge education doesnt mean came from uni of cambridge or certified by cambridge? well if you think you can be in mellissa's shoe then go ahead and get a JCU degree. no point arguing over here listing you are smart actually. if you were, you wouldnt have choose this route for godsake. lastly, i hope JCU can get you a career in teaching in sg. I am from the educational side and i didnt really see someone with weird degree or online degree unless you were saying some FT from india or so. Thank You.
moe teachers? no. is mellissa an moe teacher? no. she is a trainer...i.e. private teacher...

if you have any good suggestions on how too turn my life around, please let me know. please don't say go to poly or ite...thanks.
Old 25-02-2016, 11:27 AM
Unregistered

blah blah i'm so smart and well connected to professors. blah blah you all don't know anything about education, i know best. blah blah melissa is just a pte trainer who got a cert from kaplan for 4k.

talk big online, but in real life just a loser who sends out job applications & cannot even get 1 reply, end up with a rubbish cert making 2k teaching in malaysia at 31.

sure everyone is dumb, u the smartest loh. just go buy that jcu cert and stop wasting time here.
Old 25-02-2016, 12:31 PM
Unregistered

If you are really half as smart and well connected as you say, you wouldn't be in a situation that is even worse than a typical experienced NITEC educated grad at your age.

I'm not sure what you are hoping to achieve here. You put down anyone that doesn't agree with you as uninformed and at the same time put out juvenile requests for people to teach you how to make money.

I manage a small team of technicians and support coordinators at work. Most are NITEC or diploma holders around your age. I would without hesitation hire them over someone without any useful experience like you who has only a bunch of useless online and crash course degrees to show for.

Are you naive enough to think you can just lepak in Malaysia then pay a cert jump right back in and get a higher pay than a typical NITEC or diploma holder who has slowly accumulated experience and constantly upgraded himself?