31 yo liao no a levels/poly dip, online degree, no work exp - Page 11 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries

31 yo liao no a levels/poly dip, online degree, no work exp

Old 26-02-2016, 09:08 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
You are just wasting your time mate. He's not interested in what you say. Next thing he will do is start googling or claiming all sorts of people who are lousier than him also make it big so in short he is a superstar meant for greater heights.

He thinks the only reason why he is doing a crappy lousy paying job in Malaysia is because nobody recognises the greatness of his online degrees. Most of us know better.
Absolutely! I'm one of the poster giving him advice hoping to help him.. later did i realise that actually I'm infact wasting my time because he is too arrogant to even believe what everybody tells him. His story about his online degree goes round and round, keep trying to emphasis how great his online degree were which even land him a local uni interview (for godsake man!) And every other masters and phd invites. Not to forget, how Singapore didn't recognize his great online degree. He infact had already set his mind to go on pursing his useless masters and phd and i really wonder why he keeps on acting humble seeking advice. What a ********. People, please stop wasting time on him.

On a side note, i do realise the reason why he pursue an online degree in the first place, looking at his attitude, poor research and understanding skills, and also ignorant attitude, obviously he must have heard how others succeed this way and thought maybe he can be like them too. He seriously need to wake up his idea.

Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Old 26-02-2016, 09:40 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiaklatliao View Post
technically i do have a btec higher national diploma before my degree and after my o levels la. it is something like a poor man's a level/poly dip. no one in singapore recognises it la as usual.

[s://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Higher_National_Diploma[/
Not just singapore, this type of online degree even you go US or UK to work, no one give a damn. Last but not least, we definitely know our own educational system / local universities better then you do because we worked our way up. Stop trying to act pitiful saying what poor man's a level / poly dip because a poor man will do A level and not your kind of dip because JC school fees is subsidized. Even in diploma course, a poor man will be able to get financial assistance from school or if he/ she wishes to secure a job first, they will go look for sponsorship like sign-on to be a regular, infact quite a lot i knew did that. Hence, don't use your useless online dip or degree to try to claim the same credit as those who make the effort to go campus and take a proper qualification. Just admit that you yourself want to walk short cut and now bang the wall!

Old 26-02-2016, 10:21 PM
Unregistered

Dear TS,

I chance upon you mentioning you receive local University invites for entry interview pursing Master's / PHD? Well, just to let you know that the application for Master's degree just closed not long and the result will only we release mid May. Hmmm, i do wonder how you get an interview invite for our local U?

Cheers,

Old 26-02-2016, 10:43 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Absolutely! I'm one of the poster giving him advice hoping to help him.. later did i realise that actually I'm infact wasting my time because he is too arrogant to even believe what everybody tells him. His story about his online degree goes round and round, keep trying to emphasis how great his online degree were which even land him a local uni interview (for godsake man!) And every other masters and phd invites. Not to forget, how Singapore didn't recognize his great online degree. He infact had already set his mind to go on pursing his useless masters and phd and i really wonder why he keeps on acting humble seeking advice. What a ********. People, please stop wasting time on him.

On a side note, i do realise the reason why he pursue an online degree in the first place, looking at his attitude, poor research and understanding skills, and also ignorant attitude, obviously he must have heard how others succeed this way and thought maybe he can be like them too. He seriously need to wake up his idea.
Actually TS is more deluded than arrogant. I have a close friend during NS about same attitude as him, always think he is very good and it is just bad luck that he is not a corporate high flyer.

At first I also thought he just arrogant, but after talking to him so many years I realise it is not arrogant, he actually has some logic to believe he is very good. It is a vicious cycle - because he is no good, he end up mixing with the lower end of the society both in work and social life. Because of his limited exposure, he actually looks better than people around him. This cause him not to listen and willing to learn which in turn causes him to seek to hang around people who are weaker than him. Then cycle repeat.

I suspect this is what happen to TS. I mean when you are teaching English in a developing country that doesn't speak English, you end up feeling superior to all those around you. He probably thinks he can just port that superiority back in Singapore corporate space as long as he gets a cert and a job. So far we know his English is somewhere below average to average by Singapore standards, but he probably thinks he is the best, which is true if you compare to students in a private school in mostly Malay and Cantonese speaking Malaysia.
Old 27-02-2016, 12:40 AM

jiaklatliao is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Dear TS,

I chance upon you mentioning you receive local University invites for entry interview pursing Master's / PHD? Well, just to let you know that the application for Master's degree just closed not long and the result will only we release mid May. Hmmm, i do wonder how you get an interview invite for our local U?

Cheers,
if you read my posts, i wrote i was interviewed by one local uni for a phd and i am awaiting the results of other courses. and you yourself verified that the results are out in may.

for research programmes, they are interviewing now for the august intake. the deadlines were in december or jan i recall.

Quote:

how can someone read my posts and think i am boasting about my online degree when even my title is asking about ideas to fix this mistake?

are you the same person making multiple posts?

Quote:
Actually TS is more deluded than arrogant. I have a close friend during NS about same attitude as him, always think he is very good and it is just bad luck that he is not a corporate high flyer.

At first I also thought he just arrogant, but after talking to him so many years I realise it is not arrogant, he actually has some logic to believe he is very good. It is a vicious cycle - because he is no good, he end up mixing with the lower end of the society both in work and social life. Because of his limited exposure, he actually looks better than people around him. This cause him not to listen and willing to learn which in turn causes him to seek to hang around people who are weaker than him. Then cycle repeat.

I suspect this is what happen to TS. I mean when you are teaching English in a developing country that doesn't speak English, you end up feeling superior to all those around you. He probably thinks he can just port that superiority back in Singapore corporate space as long as he gets a cert and a job. So far we know his English is somewhere below average to average by Singapore standards, but he probably thinks he is the best, which is true if you compare to students in a private school in mostly Malay and Cantonese speaking Malaysia.
well unlike your friend, i am neither arrogant nor deluded nor think it is bad luck. i am aware i made childish mistakes and i am trying my best to fix them and move in the right direction. it is not bad luck but bad choices for me.

at this stage of my life, being from a poor family, i cannot afford to make anymore mistakes.

as for english, i got a star for psle, a for o levels, topped my english class in jc, and scored 162 for verbal on the gre (around top 10% globally). so please, ur barking up the wrong tree.

i have always been weaker in certain subjects like chinese (c and ds).

we all have our strengths and weaknesses.

Last edited by jiaklatliao; 27-02-2016 at 12:43 AM.
Old 27-02-2016, 05:08 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
if you read my posts, i wrote i was interviewed by one local uni for a phd and i am awaiting the results of other courses. and you yourself verified that the results are out in may.

for research programmes, they are interviewing now for the august intake. the deadlines were in december or jan i recall.

how can someone read my posts and think i am boasting about my online degree when even my title is asking about ideas to fix this mistake?

Here... we go again.

Same old **** again.

Up and down this avenue.

XX more days and we will be through.

well unlike your friend, i am neither arrogant nor deluded nor think it is bad luck. i am aware i made childish mistakes and i am trying my best to fix them and move in the right direction. it is not bad luck but bad choices for me.

at this stage of my life, being from a poor family, i cannot afford to make anymore mistakes.

as for english, i got a star for psle, a for o levels, topped my english class in jc, and scored 162 for verbal on the gre (around top 10% globally). so please, ur barking up the wrong tree.

i have always been weaker in certain subjects like chinese (c and ds).

we all have our strengths and weaknesses.
Here... we go again. Same old **** again. Up and down this avenue. XX more days and we will be through!

Old 27-02-2016, 06:10 AM
Unregistered

Default Stupid ****

The TS is a stupid piece of ****.

I am an ntu grad with 2nd upper hons in marketing graduated in 2007. I have straight As in SJI, and NJC.

I have been teaching in private school (The learning lab) in Mid 20s and later tuition in Singapore in my late 20s as then I was drawing 5 figures income Between the years 2011 to 2013.

I stopped working between age 30 to age 32 as I have met with a serious car accident in Malaysia.

Now I am 33, I have darn lots of difficulty looking for a degree level job since I am unable to go back to my lucrative tutition line.

So TS, how much better are you better than me?? Your expectations are way high and continue to live in your own world. I am a local SG grad that is content to start with just a 2k salary.

My dad owns a oil palm plantation in Malaysia and mind you, he is well connected and has tried to land me teaching jobs in Malaysia. - I couldn't give a damn!!!! The standard is too low for English in Malaysia. You can teach English if you have gotten an A for Singapore PSLE English.

Not only you are unable to land yourself a job, you are also childishly stuck up and stupid. You should not settle down as you give birth to kids stupid like you.

Come back and post after you have found a job stupid idiot.
Old 27-02-2016, 09:26 AM
Unregistered

Dear TS,

You said you have no A level cert or so, then how you got an A in english for JC. Your comprehension level is already verified by all the people posting here and you still claimed you are good in english? Well, i do agree with one of the poster above that you think too highly of yourself because you mixed with people obviously below you and while you think that you are so high above, you were actually below avg.
Old 27-02-2016, 09:31 AM
Unregistered

Quote:

You don't need people to understand you to know if you are boasting. Anyone who have read through this whole section will see that you don't need any help despite putting up a title which seems to seek help. If you think that is not true, please revert back to all the post and see all who gave you advice end up saying what. And upcoming replies definitely will prove my words about you.
Old 27-02-2016, 10:08 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Dear TS,

You said you have no A level cert or so, then how you got an A in english for JC. Your comprehension level is already verified by all the people posting here and you still claimed you are good in english? Well, i do agree with one of the poster above that you think too highly of yourself because you mixed with people obviously below you and while you think that you are so high above, you were actually below avg.
Wait for it.... Wait for it..... TS will be coming up with more lies to cover his initial lies