Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Relationship manager / Personal banker (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/6592-relationship-manager-personal-banker.html)

adsl- 30-01-2016 07:17 PM

Relationship manager / Personal banker

How much does one typically earns? Career prospect wise?

Unregistered 30-01-2016 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adsl- (Post 79004)

normally 4.5k +/- bonus will depend on performance but if ur not too bad should be able to hit 6 +/- months

Unregistered 31-01-2016 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adsl- (Post 79004)

normally about 7k++, bonus subjective but no less than 5mths. If you r consistent for 5yrs straight u can move to investment banking too

Unregistered 31-01-2016 12:54 PM

lol you bunch of clowns. yea I'm sure starting out as a branch salesman selling insurance to aunties and uncles and you ll progress to be an investment banker…

if thats the case, we should make all ivy league graduates obsolete and stand outside Bishan st 22 branch as your top personal 'banker'

Unregistered 31-01-2016 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 79008)
normally 4.5k +/- bonus will depend on performance but if ur not too bad should be able to hit 6 +/- months

personal banker/lowly plc having 6 plus months bonus?!??! f**ing lmao your running your own bank?

Unregistered 31-01-2016 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 79031)
lol you bunch of clowns. yea I'm sure starting out as a branch salesman selling insurance to aunties and uncles and you ll progress to be an investment banker…

if thats the case, we should make all ivy league graduates obsolete and stand outside Bishan st 22 branch as your top personal 'banker'

i used to be a top insurance sales PB frm bras brasah branch. Took me 3years to move to IBD as a 2nd year analyst. There, i got on very good terms with my female boss who is a MD herself. Soon, i got promoted to associate the very next year. My peers were so jealous of me, but that's understandable. They are just jelly that someone holding a ordinary local U cert can outdo those ivy league baby boys & girls.

Long story short, my female boss got poached and jumped ship. She invited me along as well to join as a VP. Under the age of 30 i made it to VP in IBD. Not wanting to stand out, i bought a brand new black 2015 vios last year with cash. Everytime i drive past CBD, 1 hand on the steering wheel, 1 hand swiping bloomberg on my ipad and another hand holding my cig. Man, i can see the OL's gushing below.

Tough to be a alpha in this society.

Unregistered 31-01-2016 01:39 PM

There is no way a Personal banker can move to IBD because the skill sets aren't at all transferrable.

I don't think you even know how to do a proper DCF. But yeah, keep dreaming man, hahahhaa.

adsl- 31-01-2016 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 79034)
i used to be a top insurance sales PB frm bras brasah branch. Took me 3years to move to IBD as a 2nd year analyst. There, i got on very good terms with my female boss who is a MD herself. Soon, i got promoted to associate the very next year. My peers were so jealous of me, but that's understandable. They are just jelly that someone holding a ordinary local U cert can outdo those ivy league baby boys & girls.

Long story short, my female boss got poached and jumped ship. She invited me along as well to join as a VP. Under the age of 30 i made it to VP in IBD. Not wanting to stand out, i bought a brand new black 2015 vios last year with cash. Everytime i drive past CBD, 1 hand on the steering wheel, 1 hand swiping bloomberg on my ipad and another hand holding my cig. Man, i can see the OL's gushing below.

are u the satki black vios driver from edmw?

Unregistered 31-01-2016 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 79034)

You know what is the funniest part?

He has three hands..

Unregistered 31-01-2016 05:17 PM

branch sales possible to move into ib side, but not easy.