Relationship manager / Personal banker - Page 2 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Relationship manager / Personal banker

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #11 (permalink)  
Old 31-01-2016, 06:42 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Lol the next thing you know, insurance agent also can move to IB.

I say it again, unless it's IB at some crap firm, no chance.

Reply With Quote
  #12 (permalink)  
Old 01-02-2016, 05:54 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Lol the next thing you know, insurance agent also can move to IB.

I say it again, unless it's IB at some crap firm, no chance.
I know a fella who used to be a salesperson at Best Denki Bishan, Washing machine dept. Top performer through 2013-2015 and also one of the few top grosser. He couldn't get a proper job despite having a degree in acct from ntu. Because he served jailtime before. When he was a young hot blooded prick, he went on 1v20 outside of Scape. Despite being outnumbered and unarmed, he managed to skillfully outclassed his opponents and dumpstered all of them. Unluckily, the police came just when he was about to leave, still high on andrenalin he accidentally fractured 1 of the officer's wrist and injure the other. He was then arrested and was handed down a 5 year sentence for rioting and violence.

Like as if heaven has a road planned out for him, one day he carried out his usual SOP at work. Little did he know, the prospective customer was a senior MD of an american IBD with global footprint.

Impressed by his passion and knowledge towards customer service and towards washing machine, he was offered a job on the spot by the MD.

Fast forward 5 years later, the former Best denki salesperson is now a VP of his own team incharge of the energy sector.

You'll never know unless you try. Last i know that fella is driving a black color lancer and married a former stewardess gf who has the looks and body of a VS model. This guy, envy of all SG men.

Reply With Quote
  #13 (permalink)  
Old 01-02-2016, 06:14 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Since you know the fella, why don't you post his name or linkedin?

It's nothing bad right. But yeah, it's not going to happen because it's another BS feel good story. Or you easily mistook his role inside the IB. I can guarantee you that someone like him with no pedigree or polish would never cut it in IBD.

If you want to argue otherwise, call my bluff. But, you can't.

Reply With Quote
  #14 (permalink)  
Old 01-02-2016, 09:19 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Since you know the fella, why don't you post his name or linkedin?

It's nothing bad right. But yeah, it's not going to happen because it's another BS feel good story. Or you easily mistook his role inside the IB. I can guarantee you that someone like him with no pedigree or polish would never cut it in IBD.

If you want to argue otherwise, call my bluff. But, you can't.
for some strange reason when it comes to banking the no. of exaggerated story is just astounding. i remember not long ago in another thread also got another bs claim abt some poly girl who made it big to svp compliance in 10 years. in the end after linkedin posted turn out to be just some regulatory adviser in stan chart.
Reply With Quote
  #15 (permalink)  
Old 02-02-2016, 04:05 PM
osd osd is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 9
osd is on a distinguished road
Default

lol I have plenty of friends who are relationship managers. From my understanding it's like a salesman job with normal pay + comms. What kind of banks do u guys work at? How come can get 4.5-7k basic , 6 months bonus and even progress to IB LOL.

Last edited by osd; 02-02-2016 at 04:08 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #16 (permalink)  
Old 02-02-2016, 04:15 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by osd View Post
lol I have plenty of friends who are relationship managers. From my understanding it's like a salesman job with normal pay + comms. What kind of banks do u guys work at? How come can get 4.5-7k basic , 6 months bonus and even progress to IB LOL.
Let me clear the air. I don't know the absolute figures but I speak from reputable source.

When you say wealth advisor, relationship manager, your pay and opportunities depend on which tier. I think the leveling goes something like this:

Retail - someone like me with little cash.
Privilege - $50k to $200k.
Private Client - $200k to $1m.
Private Banking - $1m and above.

I'll say that you can earn $4.5k to $7k base + bonus / commissions when you start serving Private Client. Then when you serve Private Banking, I think all in monthly can be $40k.

Anyone else with to confirm with me?
Reply With Quote

  #17 (permalink)  
Old 02-02-2016, 04:21 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Let me clear the air. I don't know the absolute figures but I speak from reputable source.

When you say wealth advisor, relationship manager, your pay and opportunities depend on which tier. I think the leveling goes something like this:

Retail - someone like me with little cash.
Privilege - $50k to $200k.
Private Client - $200k to $1m.
Private Banking - $1m and above.

I'll say that you can earn $4.5k to $7k base + bonus / commissions when you start serving Private Client. Then when you serve Private Banking, I think all in monthly can be $40k.

Anyone else with to confirm with me?
Anything below private banking is just consumer banking. Don't believe in all those gimmicks the banks use. Think about it, it is not that hard for any PME who has worked 20 years to have a net worth of few hundred thousand, there must be thousands of these customers in any neighborhood branch.


Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills


SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android


Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote
  #18 (permalink)  
Old 02-02-2016, 04:27 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Anything below private banking is just consumer banking. Don't believe in all those gimmicks the banks use. Think about it, it is not that hard for any PME who has worked 20 years to have a net worth of few hundred thousand, there must be thousands of these customers in any neighborhood branch.
Sure. But tiers aside, I'm giving my comments on the salary the banker earns given which type of client he serves.

Private Client, $200k to $1m - I think $4.5k to 7k base doable.
Private banking, $1m+ - I think $12k base.

Am I wrong?
Reply With Quote
  #19 (permalink)  
Old 02-02-2016, 04:49 PM
osd osd is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 9
osd is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Let me clear the air. I don't know the absolute figures but I speak from reputable source.

When you say wealth advisor, relationship manager, your pay and opportunities depend on which tier. I think the leveling goes something like this:

Retail - someone like me with little cash.
Privilege - $50k to $200k.
Private Client - $200k to $1m.
Private Banking - $1m and above.

I'll say that you can earn $4.5k to $7k base + bonus / commissions when you start serving Private Client. Then when you serve Private Banking, I think all in monthly can be $40k.

Anyone else with to confirm with me?
Privilege and Private client = fancy titles.

Banks inflate their job title too. MOST RMs are fresh grads who graduate with low GPA and can't get those 'better' jobs. You start off at the bottom of the food chain = salesman standing in front of banks trying to make u open account/sign credit card. If you're a good looking person who can charm people it helps a lot.

It's easy to be RM but hard to stay as one. It's a very KPI driven job as you have to sell products to clients. Basically you have to find a way to make peopel give you their hard-earned money for some products(insurance/trust/depository products etc) that may or may not benefit them in the long run. Not alot of people can do this and most people quit after a few months.

The proper RMs are those who handles HNW people. This guy is asking for RM/Personal banking and from the way he ask he is probably looking at the bottom of the food chair.

To the person who started this post :
All these things can be easily found if you just search forum. If you're asking basic questions like this when its already available on Google(EDMW/HWZ/Salary.SG/Reddit/sgforum), I suggest you buck up.
Reply With Quote
  #20 (permalink)  
Old 02-02-2016, 05:00 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
for some strange reason when it comes to banking the no. of exaggerated story is just astounding. i remember not long ago in another thread also got another bs claim abt some poly girl who made it big to svp compliance in 10 years. in the end after linkedin posted turn out to be just some regulatory adviser in stan chart.
Agreed, I don't know why all these people pop up. Either they are very delusional or just plain naive to believe all the nonsense from their friends.

Working in a bank =/= baller. LOL.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Relationship Manager V.S Personal Banker wilsonlimjl Income and Jobs 24 11-12-2015 04:51 PM
relationship manager? lifeshard Income and Jobs 10 17-09-2014 12:26 AM
Wealth Relationship Manager allstar Income and Jobs 3 17-07-2014 06:06 PM
Banking Job: Personal Banker or SME Banker stevengoh Income and Jobs 14 24-09-2013 04:00 PM
Overseas Big4 vs SG Relationship Manager EggsBenedict Income and Jobs 2 12-11-2012 11:28 AM

» 30 Recent Threads
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
18,746 Replies, 5,613,995 Views
GovTech ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
6,682 Replies, 2,676,003 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
6,613 Replies, 4,034,539 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
21,501 Replies, 10,928,203 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
11,838 Replies, 7,277,622 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
8,195 Replies, 2,609,722 Views
LTA (Land Transport Authority) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
931 Replies, 497,279 Views
Hospital (Private or Public)... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,014 Replies, 514,817 Views
HTX (Home Team Science and... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
959 Replies, 478,372 Views
Factual Local Bank Salaries - DBS... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,968 Replies, 1,583,232 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,977 Replies, 1,720,093 Views
How much are you earning per annum? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
14,395 Replies, 6,674,822 Views
MAS for Mid Career Professionals ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,358 Replies, 1,204,110 Views
31 yo private uni grad. Is there... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
56 Replies, 4,271 Views
NCS (SingTel subsidiary) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,595 Replies, 1,277,462 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
16,540 Replies, 13,034,464 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
6,135 Replies, 4,969,242 Views
SLA (Singapore Land Authority) ( 1 2)
10 Replies, 11,393 Views
DSTA (under Mindef) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,696 Replies, 1,523,489 Views
Any Ministry or Statboard still... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
31 Replies, 15,284 Views
Stat board tiers ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
79 Replies, 149,816 Views
MFA- Foreign Service... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
69 Replies, 91,966 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
7,640 Replies, 3,683,156 Views
PSA International ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
112 Replies, 106,245 Views
Best Stat board/Ministry ( 1 2 3)
25 Replies, 39,775 Views
when you quit how many days do you... ( 1 2)
19 Replies, 8,036 Views
For those with 2-5 YOE, what is... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,209 Replies, 483,967 Views
Rakuten Software Engineer (Fresh... ( 1 2)
14 Replies, 6,868 Views
IMDA (under MCI) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,441 Replies, 733,382 Views
JP Morgan ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
215 Replies, 196,631 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 05:27 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2