Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Bunker trader (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/6565-bunker-trader.html)

peihao83 26-01-2016 02:13 PM

Bunker trader
 
Anyone here in this trade? I have been sending in my resume and no response at the moment.
Understand the crude prices are down now, market is bad.
What's the remuneration package for this position basis present economy?
Any other bunker/trading house hiring at the moment?

Unregistered 27-01-2016 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peihao83 (Post 78794)
Anyone here in this trade? I have been sending in my resume and no response at the moment.
Understand the crude prices are down now, market is bad.
What's the remuneration package for this position basis present economy?
Any other bunker/trading house hiring at the moment?

I think you are new in this industry is it? Bunker traders need connections and normally a sponsor or at least an insider you know to lay the bridges. Don't waste time applying randomly with a CV, they will never get back to you.

peihao83 27-01-2016 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 78827)
I think you are new in this industry is it? Bunker traders need connections and normally a sponsor or at least an insider you know to lay the bridges. Don't waste time applying randomly with a CV, they will never get back to you.

Ic.. Are u a trader yourself? are u in this shipping / oil & gas industry too?

Unregistered 27-01-2016 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peihao83 (Post 78828)
Ic.. Are u a trader yourself? are u in this shipping / oil & gas industry too?

I am from energy trading ops. All of us are also trying to internal transfer into trading and 90% of us won't get in in the end. For an outsider like yourself without any connections or experience, don't bother to waste time sending your CV. They won't even open your attachment.

That's the hard truth about this industry.

peihao83 27-01-2016 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 78832)
I am from energy trading ops. All of us are also trying to internal transfer into trading and 90% of us won't get in in the end. For an outsider like yourself without any connections or experience, don't bother to waste time sending your CV. They won't even open your attachment.

That's the hard truth about this industry.

Oic. U mean u are an cargo operator ? Where are u at?
Need customer portfolio to be a trader right ?

Unregistered 27-01-2016 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peihao83 (Post 78833)
Oic. U mean u are an cargo operator ? Where are u at?
Need customer portfolio to be a trader right ?

Haha friend, energy trading operations =/= cargo operator...

You have much to learn about the industry. I suggest you go and do a bit more research online and try to network and find out more. In the meantime my personal advice is go and apply other jobs which have a chance of being successful.

Don't waste months and years looking for something you never had much of a chance to start with. Insiders will know large part of it is luck of just happening to know the right people at the right time.

peihao83 27-01-2016 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 78834)
Haha friend, energy trading operations =/= cargo operator...

You have much to learn about the industry. I suggest you go and do a bit more research online and try to network and find out more. In the meantime my personal advice is go and apply other jobs which have a chance of being successful.

Don't waste months and years looking for something you never had much of a chance to start with. Insiders will know large part of it is luck of just happening to know the right people at the right time.

So what's energy trading ops? Pls elaborate.
Looks like u have been in this line for many years? What did u started as?

Unregistered 27-01-2016 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peihao83 (Post 78794)
Anyone here in this trade? I have been sending in my resume and no response at the moment.
Understand the crude prices are down now, market is bad.
What's the remuneration package for this position basis present economy?
Any other bunker/trading house hiring at the moment?

dun bother, if u need to ask on forum means game over...

Unregistered 27-01-2016 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peihao83 (Post 78837)
So what's energy trading ops? Pls elaborate.
Looks like u have been in this line for many years? What did u started as?

You can do a simple online search and I am sure you will be able to get a better answer than most of us here can provide. "Pls elaborate" sounds really curt btw.

Unregistered 27-01-2016 05:37 PM

Whats with all these inexperience youngsters? They pop around thinking they can just send CV to people or ask online for advice and expect someone to give them a 300k job.


All times are GMT +8. The time now is 12:21 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2