Career in Logistics - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries

Career in Logistics

Old 19-03-2013, 10:44 PM

samhtcandroid is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Career in Logistics

I have been working in the service and maintenance department in a manufacturing line, doing fine but wasn't satisfied with this current career path. I recently took up degree in logistic managements.

I still have 1yr to graduate. Instead of venturing into logistics field only after getting the degree, i am interested to enter logistics as a junior role. I am willing to work hard and gain experience.

q1) Can Anyone guide me on knowledge in this field? any advice or wisdom on how I should make the switch so that I get minimum pay cut.(though ineviteable)

q2) I do know that logistics branch into many fields like Purchasing, supply chain and warehousing. But I would like to know what experience should i have b4 i can get into purchasing and Supply chain. I m also interested which one earn most money?

q30 What is the STARTING PAY for people with 0 experience and currently only holding a engineering diploma?

kindly advice. I am all ears. I shall be filled with graditude...

Old 19-03-2013, 10:49 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by samhtcandroid View Post
I have been working in the service and maintenance department in a manufacturing line, doing fine but wasn't satisfied with this current career path. I recently took up degree in logistic managements.

I still have 1yr to graduate. Instead of venturing into logistics field only after getting the degree, i am interested to enter logistics as a junior role. I am willing to work hard and gain experience.

q1) Can Anyone guide me on knowledge in this field? any advice or wisdom on how I should make the switch so that I get minimum pay cut.(though ineviteable)

q2) I do know that logistics branch into many fields like Purchasing, supply chain and warehousing. But I would like to know what experience should i have b4 i can get into purchasing and Supply chain. I m also interested which one earn most money?

q30 What is the STARTING PAY for people with 0 experience and currently only holding a engineering diploma?

You taking logistic management? But seems like you concept is wrong leh. Supply chain is the general term and can be further branched in material management...purchasing...logistic/inventory. Dun really need to study a degree to enter purchasing..but if you have one then it might simply give you a better starting salary.

Old 20-03-2013, 09:36 AM
Unregistered

Quote:

Logistics is so general got many different kind of jobs, which one are you applying for? Many dun even need logistic degree...

Old 20-03-2013, 10:02 AM
Unregistered

Quote:

Logistics is very diverse and u don't need a specialized degree to get entry level jobs for most. my deg is not in logistics but i have done 3PL sales (no need eg) and managed a purchasing team.

You can try to find a material planner or inventory analyst role.
Old 20-03-2013, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
You taking logistic management? But seems like you concept is wrong leh. Supply chain is the general term and can be further branched in material management...purchasing...logistic/inventory. Dun really need to study a degree to enter purchasing..but if you have one then it might simply give you a better starting salary.
1) what is the starting pay in this field?
Old 21-03-2013, 09:55 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Are you sure you worked before? How come sound like fresh grad blur blur one?

There is only average starting pay for a "job", no such thing as starting pay for a "field". You dont seem to even have basic understanding of what are the key components and value chain of logistics.

As many on top already said, you need to tell us which job you are applying for instead of keep asking what is the pay for logistics.

Old 21-03-2013, 12:38 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Narrow down your question....the field you are referring to is sooo broad...which industry/sector...job scope...relevance experience...Really difficult to answer. Even diff companies pay differently...SME/MNCs? Even oil gas also so many different divisions...really dunno how to answer.
Old 21-03-2013, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Narrow down your question....the field you are referring to is sooo broad...which industry/sector...job scope...relevance experience...Really difficult to answer. Even diff companies pay differently...SME/MNCs? Even oil gas also so many different divisions...really dunno how to answer.
Oh many apologies, I would like to enquire on the starting
Pay for purchaser. I only have a dip at the moment
Old 21-03-2013, 02:09 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Oh many apologies, I would like to enquire on the starting
Pay for purchaser. I only have a dip at the moment
Nobody will hire Diploma with no relevant exp for real Purchaser job. But many firms now giving their buying clerk or procurement administrator jobs a Purchaser title, so maybe you can apply those instead. Starting pay is decent 1.8 – 2k.
Old 21-03-2013, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Nobody will hire Diploma with no relevant exp for real Purchaser job. But many firms now giving their buying clerk or procurement administrator jobs a Purchaser title, so maybe you can apply those instead. Starting pay is decent 1.8 – 2k.

1) hows real purchaser job paid then? For fresh grad.
2) if i start off from buying clerk, the experience will qualify
Me to eventually get to real purchaser job?

3) will a finance or logistics degree help me get a purchaser job?