Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   which have a better prospect, business or engineering? (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/6472-have-better-prospect-business-engineering.html)

ngkj 11-01-2016 10:38 PM

which have a better prospect, business or engineering?

Hi all i have just ORD from army and now deciding to study UNI but don't know which to choose. I graduate from NYP in Electronics,computer and communication Engineering specialized in wafer fabrication.
i plan to study engineering but many says that business have more future prospect being higher pay,office environment and of course more gals compare to engineering lesser pay and blah blah blah. And so now i am in a dilemma to choose between business or engineering.
if into engineering it will be electrical or electronic in the mean time trying to get into marine if possible.
For business i have not made any choices yet.
any advice between this two anyone which has a better prospect and salary?

Unregistered 11-01-2016 10:42 PM

Mr lohhhhhhhhhhhh

Unregistered 11-01-2016 10:42 PM

dont waste ur time on a biz deg. u dont need to spend 4 years and 30k to learn fluff.

Unregistered 11-01-2016 10:49 PM

What type of business function are you interested in?

Marketing
Procurement
Sales
HR
Finance

ngkj 11-01-2016 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 77909)
dont waste ur time on a biz deg. u dont need to spend 4 years and 30k to learn fluff.

true that but i was told that business have better prospect compared to engineering. Better pay,better working environment.

ngkj 11-01-2016 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 77910)
What type of business function are you interested in?

Marketing
Procurement
Sales
HR
Finance

i am open to all except sales, but what important is that which have a better prospect,pay and job advancement?

Unregistered 12-01-2016 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ngkj (Post 77914)
i am open to all except sales, but what important is that which have a better prospect,pay and job advancement?

Prospect depends on u, not ur deg.

Does being an engineer stop u from getting into Prestigious and well paying banking jobs? No.
Will the faculty of engineering advertise it when their students get into such non engineering role? No.
Will the faculty of biz advertise it? They will make sure the whole world knows about it.
If u r jus average or below average, will u get a job as an engineer? High chance.
But with a biz deg with no hard skills, u r screwed.

Unregistered 12-01-2016 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ngkj (Post 77907)
Hi all i have just ORD from army and now deciding to study UNI but don't know which to choose. I graduate from NYP in Electronics,computer and communication Engineering specialized in wafer fabrication.
i plan to study engineering but many says that business have more future prospect being higher pay,office environment and of course more gals compare to engineering lesser pay and blah blah blah. And so now i am in a dilemma to choose between business or engineering.
if into engineering it will be electrical or electronic in the mean time trying to get into marine if possible.

well, when i left the force i was once in a dilemma but i continue to pursue an engineering degree. now in the workforce, i would say that if you intend to get a private uni business degree, then i might as well you get an engineering degree from either a local uni or a prestigious university. Reason being you dont need waste the money to get a business degree as if you have a good engineering degree, you can get into business sector doing technology or engineering related business. furthermore, local sme or GLC honestly prefer local grad (or prestigious) uni grad rather then pte uni. I'm in the GLC and yup although they do hire pte uni grad but the advancement was really bad and they dont pay well too. nowadays, places like banks and other business sector wants engineering students more then others because engineering is a course that makes you think a lot further and nowadays a lot of business is related to technology and engineering, if you dont have any knowledge in them, how are you gg to create business for the company?

business is too general and not all pays well. if you wan good pay and dont mind the hectic hours, finance or accountant is good. But if you analyse the market, engineering can bring you further then business. last but not least, apply and see what school you can get into first!

Unregistered 12-01-2016 08:51 AM

if you want to study business, study accountancy instead, the language of business. A professional degree. Dont need to worry about securing job when grad as always in demand. Studying in a business school also helps you hone your soft skills like public speaking, presentation, etc.

Unregistered 12-01-2016 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ngkj (Post 77907)

I think it depends on whether you're choosing a local/private university. I agree with one of the posters that taking a local engineering degree is better than private business degree.

I'm not in the engineering sector but from what I've heard, it's quite a stable industry. With a business degree, you can get into really high paying jobs but you will probably have to have excellent grades or good relevant working experience.

If you want stability in business you can also consider accountancy? Studying accountancy will also allow you to get into banking jobs if you do well. (for local university, i don't have sufficient info for private degree) At the same time, you can always go into auditing or accounting that is pretty stable.

Hope this helps!

Unregistered 12-01-2016 09:30 AM

Pursue your dreams.

Longkkj 12-01-2016 05:30 PM

1. From engr to biz, need add 1year?
2. Engr is logic.. Biz is fluff.. Hard to switch.
3. Engr in o&g have prospect, Biz in banking have prospect. Which both now are in mud. Of course fmcg n pharmacy are still standing well
4. Engr is very wide you can find your niche. Same for business. Accounting if you are in big4, you might cry for worklife balance.

What is your decision pt? Next 5 years, growth or glam. Next 10 years work life balance.
Some industry have growth and no balance..
Meaning short term you growth, then you want to slow down.. No option

There is no str8 answer

ngkj 12-01-2016 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 77924)
well, when i left the force i was once in a dilemma but i continue to pursue an engineering degree. now in the workforce, i would say that if you intend to get a private uni business degree, then i might as well you get an engineering degree from either a local uni or a prestigious university. Reason being you dont need waste the money to get a business degree as if you have a good engineering degree, you can get into business sector doing technology or engineering related business. furthermore, local sme or GLC honestly prefer local grad (or prestigious) uni grad rather then pte uni. I'm in the GLC and yup although they do hire pte uni grad but the advancement was really bad and they dont pay well too. nowadays, places like banks and other business sector wants engineering students more then others because engineering is a course that makes you think a lot further and nowadays a lot of business is related to technology and engineering, if you dont have any knowledge in them, how are you gg to create business for the company?

business is too general and not all pays well. if you wan good pay and dont mind the hectic hours, finance or accountant is good. But if you analyse the market, engineering can bring you further then business. last but not least, apply and see what school you can get into first!

but to be honest my diploma result also not very good lol only 2.58 which mean that i can only get into private uni only for both bus and eng

ngkj 12-01-2016 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Longkkj (Post 77961)
1. From engr to biz, need add 1year?
2. Engr is logic.. Biz is fluff.. Hard to switch.
3. Engr in o&g have prospect, Biz in banking have prospect. Which both now are in mud. Of course fmcg n pharmacy are still standing well
4. Engr is very wide you can find your niche. Same for business. Accounting if you are in big4, you might cry for worklife balance.

What is your decision pt? Next 5 years, growth or glam. Next 10 years work life balance.
Some industry have growth and no balance..
Meaning short term you growth, then you want to slow down.. No option

There is no str8 answer

i see.Eng is more on balance? like whats the prospect of electrical eng degree? any advice?

Unregistered 12-01-2016 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ngkj (Post 77977)
i see.Eng is more on balance? like whats the prospect of electrical eng degree? any advice?

actually it depends on what industry you are in, rather than what course of studies...
of course there are course-industry co-relationship.

for example, accountants works in any industry.
for example, IT working in a semiconductor industry, maybe get 1k lesser pay than in fmcg; IT working in banking get 2k more than pharma... etcs...

ngkj 13-01-2016 01:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 77983)
actually it depends on what industry you are in, rather than what course of studies...
of course there are course-industry co-relationship.

for example, accountants works in any industry.
for example, IT working in a semiconductor industry, maybe get 1k lesser pay than in fmcg; IT working in banking get 2k more than pharma... etcs...

i see.i know that eng can go into a huge area of industry whereas bus cant. and also i just realized that private bus degree are actually much more cheaper than private eng degree. The chance of me getting in to bus might be low as i only score a D7 for 'O' level ENGLISH.

in the next 5 year i wish to find both growth and balance, sound impossible tho
any advice on the raise increment compare between eng and bus?i heard lot of rumors that eng pay only increase a bit compare to bus which is much more.

Unregistered 13-01-2016 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ngkj (Post 77990)
i see.i know that eng can go into a huge area of industry whereas bus cant. and also i just realized that private bus degree are actually much more cheaper than private eng degree. The chance of me getting in to bus might be low as i only score a D7 for 'O' level ENGLISH.

any advice on the raise increment compare between eng and bus?i heard lot of rumors that eng pay only increase a bit compare to bus which is much more.

It looks like you have been listening to the positive side of bus only. Business pay more only on certain field and not all. Also the value of your certificate and the company you got in really play a big part of what you will get. The reality is harsh over here and you got to analyse the future since you are still young.

Engineering do pay more which is also depend on ur field and company. Whatever it is, both need you to be good in maths and your understanding. Eng course is definitely more difficult then a business degree.

Unregistered 13-01-2016 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ngkj (Post 77975)
but to be honest my diploma result also not very good lol only 2.58 which mean that i can only get into private uni only for both bus and eng

Then i would say you should gauge whether you can manage a degree course or not, regardless business or engineering. If your family is capable of sending you overseas to prestigious uni. i would strongly recommended that compare in getting a pte cert here.

i have few friends who left the force and choose a pte uni degree. i saw them despite having a merit cert and having a good poly result, they couldnt find a job for quite some time whereas a local grad who just got a 3rd class or not even an honors got the job first. another although got into a GLC but the prospect and pay was not even there. business and eng entry pay is different and i cant say that business is forever above engineering because looking at all my friends who got a pte degree in business, they start low and increment is the same range for all pte degree. i also have seen pte degree accountant who earn big bucks because they got other professional registration and courses on top of their cert, like get themself chartared and they took like >10 years to obtain a high pay which prestigious uni grad can achieve in maybe 7 years or so.

so, i wish you could put in more effort in the courses that you intend to take because if you got a pte uni cert and still didnt manage to score well, then it will be even harder. and eventhou u got into a company, there is a high chance you get paid a lot lesser and graded under advance diploma pay scheme rather then a uni grad.

Unregistered 13-01-2016 08:20 AM

if you would ask me, i would say that the value of your cert, results and luck will depend on the prosperity of your job, irregardless of your course.

Unregistered 13-01-2016 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ngkj (Post 77990)

Let's say you go into supply chain management course. If you are in the top cohort you will land in p&g, gsk, jnj. If you are in the bottom, you will land in semiconductor..
Both job supply chain assistant doing logistics coordination..

Moral of story, if you are in the right course not enuff. You need to shine too.. No free durian even if you stand beside one..
I am in IT, there is a huge gap between a Java developer n an Sap programmer...

ngkj 15-01-2016 01:02 AM

i have been going for job interview recently and some company benefits is not bad. so i have been thinking to myself that should purse a degree or should i just start work now? Definitely pursing a degree will be better as there will be higher pay and better progression but what if i dont do well and also nowadays company also look in to experience as well.So i am thinking should i give up on pursing a degree and start working since the pay and perks are not bad. I've tried asking if i am able to purse a part time degree but they are a 24/7 standby company so pursing a part time would be hard or almost impossible as you may get called anytime for work.And also i dont really know what to study as well. I had gotten advice that i can do business cause i have a diploma engineering cert, next time i can go in too engineering as well but if i go in to a engineering degree going into business would be hard as i know nuts bout it and also my English suck as i only get D7 for 'O' level which i might not even been able to get in to private uni like SIM. Tho i have heard many advice from my friends saying that a degree cert will definitely help in the future but the problem is i dont know which area should i go in...engineering or business?

Thanks for the many advice too, it really help increase my knowledge of the society

Unregistered 15-01-2016 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ngkj (Post 78112)
i have been going for job interview recently and some company benefits is not bad. so i have been thinking to myself that should purse a degree or should i just start work now? Definitely pursing a degree will be better as there will be higher pay and better progression but what if i dont do well and also nowadays company also look in to experience as well.So i am thinking should i give up on pursing a degree and start working since the pay and perks are not bad. I've tried asking if i am able to purse a part time degree but they are a 24/7 standby company so pursing a part time would be hard or almost impossible as you may get called anytime for work.And also i dont really know what to study as well. I had gotten advice that i can do business cause i have a diploma engineering cert, next time i can go in too engineering as well but if i go in to a engineering degree going into business would be hard as i know nuts bout it and also my English suck as i only get D7 for 'O' level which i might not even been able to get in to private uni like SIM. Tho i have heard many advice from my friends saying that a degree cert will definitely help in the future but the problem is i dont know which area should i go in...engineering or business?

Thanks for the many advice too, it really help increase my knowledge of the society

SIM is not as difficult as you think. I've seen many China people there and they hardly speak properly english. If end of the day you would like to go business and if D7 really couldnt give you a place in SIM, then i recommend you go retake your O level english. That's what my friend did. I'm in a technology and engineering firm, what i observe is my management do have a dip in eng and then probably a business degree but now, they hardly cope. reason being technology changes so much that their dip became useless. Business skills you can get on a part time courses sponsered by company or maybe at WDA, it is like mutliple short courses. Whereas if you go in engineering, you will realise it is different from your dip lessons, it is even more indepth. business i would say poly and uni modules wont make much differences. i can see you believe in business more since that's what you friend saying, but im in the work force gg 7 years, and looking forward to the trend, im lucky i took an engineering degree above all. if you want to go into business then go be accountant. years down the road, alot of the processes will be slowly replaced by automation, robots, software etc. but if the company want to look into money related virutally, they still will prefer humans to verify. then look at that time, engineering like software engineering will be a big role in all company. software engineers doesnt need you to be very good in english but must be good in thinking.

PTE looks good in the surface, but increment really sucks unless you go MNC

Unregistered 15-01-2016 08:26 AM

honestly this kind of question like what deg got better prospect is a useless question that cannot be answer. everyone will have their own opinion and every degree will have its own success & failure stories.

the problem here is actually the simplistic mentality the TS is using to determine what to study. probably due to lack of social experience and not interested to study anything in the first place that cause this type of question.

Unregistered 15-01-2016 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ngkj (Post 78112)

Im the poster for #22. another advice probably you go and work at that company which u mentioned benefits is good and meantime u retake your o level. after that you gauge how well can you perform in work and how the company view you despite not having a deg and decide whether to take a degree a not. part time or full time depend on urself. but if you dont have the heart to study, please do waste the money.

Unregistered 15-01-2016 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 78120)
honestly this kind of question like what deg got better prospect is a useless question that cannot be answer. everyone will have their own opinion and every degree will have its own success & failure stories.

the problem here is actually the simplistic mentality the TS is using to determine what to study. probably due to lack of social experience and not interested to study anything in the first place that cause this type of question.

ddon't waste internet bandwidth if you have nothing useful to contribute. you can alwasy dont read.

ngkj 19-01-2016 08:47 PM

Thanks for the advice. Been going on interview and mostly looking for a long term employee while i just wanna work till i start sch. Should i just lie to them?lol Some of the job need to be standby 24/7 means that study part time would be hard or almost impossible.Regarding to post 22, so engineering pay can be high as well? what if i am in the field of electrical? Most of my friend pay only increase a bit by year?How bout fresh grad bus student?

Unregistered 19-01-2016 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ngkj (Post 78366)
Thanks for the advice. Been going on interview and mostly looking for a long term employee while i just wanna work till i start sch. Should i just lie to them?lol Some of the job need to be standby 24/7 means that study part time would be hard or almost impossible.Regarding to post 22, so engineering pay can be high as well? what if i am in the field of electrical? Most of my friend pay only increase a bit by year?How bout fresh grad bus student?

Im the poster for #22. Well if you were to lie to them then next time after you graduate and looking for job, the interviewer or HR saw your last job stated in your resume was only a few months they may doubt you and if they were to do a background check and things might not be good. I suggest you look for intern job or temporary position so that next time when you graduated and would like to join them back at least you have a good record. Be honest with your employers will always be good. Engineering can be high and proceed to management. If you doing electrical which is so specific then eventually it is better to get yourself registered as Chartered or professional engineer, the pay will be higher. Your friend isit local uni grad or? Honestly, quite a lot of companies do depend on your academic like your uni degree cert to give you the pay and increment. I do have sim business grad friend their starting pay only 2k. Better grading sim one 2.5k and this is not joking. If your are local uni grad then 2.8k or 3k will be min. If you be accountant or finance and slightly higher ( for local grad). My sim friend No matter which business field they go in, the pay is always lower then local uni. MNC will pay higher then local private limited.

I can see you want to go to some where that pay higher but i suggest if you want to take on a degree, then you study first then see how well you can do.

Unregistered 19-01-2016 09:30 PM

my advice is start working first. since you have no idea what you want to pursue for education and career. and to be honest, having a private degree in business and engineering dont really help much, if you're a fresh grad. only the lower-tier companies will recognise them. even then, your pay isnt going to be much higher than a dip. for the amount you're paying for your degree, not worth it.

hence, just go look for job. apply both biz and eng positions. go to interviews. find out more about the different roles. accept the low pay, tell your interviewers you want to learn. once inside, if you really like the role and see yourself advancing in that role, that's when you go for further education, to enhance your knowledge.

ngkj 19-01-2016 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 78367)
Im the poster for #22. Well if you were to lie to them then next time after you graduate and looking for job, the interviewer or HR saw your last job stated in your resume was only a few months they may doubt you and if they were to do a background check and things might not be good. I suggest you look for intern job or temporary position so that next time when you graduated and would like to join them back at least you have a good record. Be honest with your employers will always be good. Engineering can be high and proceed to management. If you doing electrical which is so specific then eventually it is better to get yourself registered as Chartered or professional engineer, the pay will be higher. Your friend isit local uni grad or? Honestly, quite a lot of companies do depend on your academic like your uni degree cert to give you the pay and increment. I do have sim business grad friend their starting pay only 2k. Better grading sim one 2.5k and this is not joking. If your are local uni grad then 2.8k or 3k will be min. If you be accountant or finance and slightly higher ( for local grad). My sim friend No matter which business field they go in, the pay is always lower then local uni. MNC will pay higher then local private limited.

I can see you want to go to some where that pay higher but i suggest if you want to take on a degree, then you study first then see how well you can do.

my friend only dip in eng.

ngkj 19-01-2016 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 78368)
my advice is start working first. since you have no idea what you want to pursue for education and career. and to be honest, having a private degree in business and engineering dont really help much, if you're a fresh grad. only the lower-tier companies will recognise them. even then, your pay isnt going to be much higher than a dip. for the amount you're paying for your degree, not worth it.

hence, just go look for job. apply both biz and eng positions. go to interviews. find out more about the different roles. accept the low pay, tell your interviewers you want to learn. once inside, if you really like the role and see yourself advancing in that role, that's when you go for further education, to enhance your knowledge.

Most of them encourage me to study now as if i start working and got used to it,studying would be tough for me and also of course will have no more monthly income. Even part time will be tiring as u have to study and work at the same time.For me, i wouldnt mine part time despite more tiring but the problem is i dont really know what to study after hearing so much.In the past i would want to continue with a eng degree,but after hearing i tho to myself bus would be great too?

Unregistered 20-01-2016 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ngkj (Post 78369)
my friend only dip in eng.

a dip and a deg increment definitely different! if you intend to go the deg route. please look for advise from those degree ones and not keep hearing what dip had to say. after all they are 2 different kind of starting path. if you keep hear the dip say and keep compare then it will be a nv ending.

Unregistered 20-01-2016 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ngkj (Post 78370)
Most of them encourage me to study now as if i start working and got used to it,studying would be tough for me and also of course will have no more monthly income. Even part time will be tiring as u have to study and work at the same time.For me, i wouldnt mine part time despite more tiring but the problem is i dont really know what to study after hearing so much.In the past i would want to continue with a eng degree,but after hearing i tho to myself bus would be great too?

i work for 4 years after poly and go back take a full time degree on y own cost. definitely you can save enough for your years in uni. i do have older classmates who didnt study for 8-10 years and they scored 1st class or 2nd upper. honestly, why people would encourage you to work first is because firstly you obviously dont know what you want. instead of analysing the trend you keep seek help from people who are not in the degree path. secondly, you are rather immatured now, today if im telling you go study A you will earn alot then for sure you will go without looking at the point that whether you can make it or not. Maturity do help you in terms of studying, you will put in more effort in it. lastly, if you think business is good then go take a business course then down the road you see how you fair.

Unregistered 20-01-2016 10:48 AM

hello boy, go and submit your application first then talk! see you can get into which one first! you talk so much later one reject you how?

Unregistered 20-01-2016 01:22 PM

As a recent 2015 local uni grad, i can safely say you will not even get interviews at most companies in Singapore. You will find yourself jobless for 6 months or more for a private degree holder. You will end up in a local SME, getting about 2.2k to 2.4k at this present market outlook. only about 400+ more than a dip holder.

im a EEE grad. even i was jobless for 6 months. my advise is dont do both biz and engineering deg now unless its local uni. just go find a company that you like to work in as a dip holder. learn your trade. afterwhich, if you still think the job and industry is suitable, then depending on your job scope, then go for a pte degree you think is more beneficial.

in my opinion, getting a pte deg now is totally worthless. i rather you spend 3 years getting exp. the rest depends on your performance and capability.

and engineering is much more difficult than biz as its logical and maths based but biz is only common sense and some technical terms that you need to know.

thats all from me :D being brutally direct.

lazyplane 20-01-2016 01:58 PM

I dont wish to get into this debate as i dont think there is anything useful.

However, i do wish to point out that i DISAGREE on such generic statements like "engineering is much more difficult than biz as its logical and maths based but biz is only common sense and some technical terms that you need to know."

It reeks of arrogance especially since you are stating you are from an engineering background.

Maybe you care to logically explain why the highest paid fresh grads are from business schools ? Such companies must not have a lot of common sense right ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 78399)
As a recent 2015 local uni grad, i can safely say you will not even get interviews at most companies in Singapore. You will find yourself jobless for 6 months or more for a private degree holder. You will end up in a local SME, getting about 2.2k to 2.4k at this present market outlook. only about 400+ more than a dip holder.

im a EEE grad. even i was jobless for 6 months. my advise is dont do both biz and engineering deg now unless its local uni. just go find a company that you like to work in as a dip holder. learn your trade. afterwhich, if you still think the job and industry is suitable, then depending on your job scope, then go for a pte degree you think is more beneficial.

in my opinion, getting a pte deg now is totally worthless. i rather you spend 3 years getting exp. the rest depends on your performance and capability.

and engineering is much more difficult than biz as its logical and maths based but biz is only common sense and some technical terms that you need to know.

thats all from me :D being brutally direct.

Unregistered 20-01-2016 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lazyplane (Post 78400)

However, i do wish to point out that i DISAGREE on such generic statements like "engineering is much more difficult than biz as its logical and maths based but biz is only common sense and some technical terms that you need to know."

It reeks of arrogance especially since you are stating you are from an engineering background.

Maybe you care to logically explain why the highest paid fresh grads are from business schools ? Such companies must not have a lot of common sense right ?

I'm quite curious where you got the data that highest paid fresh grads are from business? Straits Times?? LOL!

If you google on the internet and look for which course that is the most difficult, engineering tops it. :)

Unregistered 20-01-2016 02:31 PM

Quote:

well perhaps my point is not clear enough. it is INDEED more difficult to STUDY engineering than biz. its a fact. its not arrogance. im not talking about the job itself. and not going to debate you on that.

and your point stating biz people earn more. that is also a fact. im not going to deny that. and you should know why without me elaborating. its just economics and market at work. it does not nullify the statement that made you so riled up.

maybe you should not be so defensive. good day :D

Unregistered 20-01-2016 02:31 PM

Quote:

You can't even stay logical in a single sentence. Claim you don't want to debate as there is nothing useful. Then followed by a long tirade bitching about exactly the same thing.

Unregistered 20-01-2016 02:33 PM

Quote:

oh BTW, the poster here are asking about pte business or engineering degree. Dont put him in the wrong concept when i guess you are mentioning a local fresh grad? and kindly let him know which business course are getting the highest pay. i think he needs it.

Unregistered 20-01-2016 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 78403)
I'm quite curious where you got the data that highest paid fresh grads are from business? Straits Times?? LOL!

If you google on the internet and look for which course that is the most difficult, engineering tops it. :)

and yes haha. i do not know where he got his data from. but i will take his word for it and agree with him with the benefit of the doubt.

using my small sample size. i have many friends getting about between 3.6k to 4.5k. and yes all fresh grads. all same engineering background as me. maybe he can tell me how much a fresh grad for biz get :D