Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Preschool & Childcare Teachers (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/6450-preschool-childcare-teachers.html)

meowmeow 07-01-2016 11:55 AM

Preschool & Childcare Teachers

Hi all!

Been looking around for this thread but can't seem to find it here.
Have a great passion to become a childcare teacher, anyone knows what's the pay like nowadays?

Do I have to possess a teaching certificate in order to teach?
I am graduating soon from Nitec and is increasingly concerned about my future days.

Unregistered 07-01-2016 02:14 PM

Are you a guy or a girl?

Quote:

Originally Posted by meowmeow (Post 77691)
Hi all!

Been looking around for this thread but can't seem to find it here.
Have a great passion to become a childcare teacher, anyone knows what's the pay like nowadays?

Do I have to possess a teaching certificate in order to teach?
I am graduating soon from Nitec and is increasingly concerned about my future days.

meowmeow 07-01-2016 02:40 PM

I'm a she. I remember there's not many male preschool teachers around. Will there be a difference in salaries due to gender?

Unregistered 17-01-2018 01:51 AM

Salary

Hello not sure if this would still be of use to you. But I started out in the early childhood industry in 2015 with O level and earned $1500. I worked as an assistant teacher for about a year. Then in 2016 I worked in a kindergarten for 2 years, initial salary $1600 and I graduated from Temasek polytechnic with an ECCE diploma ( part time) and my salary increased to $2200. Now I am working at childcare with a pay of $2600 ( internaatiinal schools pay higher than govt). As for now I will be continuing to pursue my degree in ECCE. My colleagues who have a degree earn about $3200-$3500 depending on exp. My opinion is this industry is for those with passion for children and willingness to do anything that will develop children. It is not so for those who want to have lucrative salary & benefits as we are a growing industry however we aren't exactly paid well. It is not an easy job, there are many ups and downs in this sector. We do work very hard and have challenges, this is no nanny or babysitter job. If you're dedicated, best of luck in this field !

megan2019 18-11-2020 03:31 PM

Of course you need a licence and education in this specialization.

megan2019 20-11-2020 05:24 PM

More than that, all the jobs linked with children have a strict policy and there are many important documents and inspections that you must pass. At the same moment, you must have a special program of education and proven methods. Indeed, nowadays all the parents are scared by videos of an unscrupulous nurse who may yell at children or even hit them. Honestly, be careful because now there are baby monitors and gadgets in every house that can follow you. So, if parents wouldn't like your behavior, you may have real problems with the legislation.

GraceGraham 06-04-2021 11:48 PM

I'm a childcare teacher and the salary is good.

Unregistered 07-04-2021 12:14 AM

If you want a good salary,you need to have a licence.

Unregistered 07-04-2021 12:15 AM

asdvabvsavs

JustinSpringer 08-04-2021 06:34 PM

I have been working as a childcare teacher for about 6 years and I like it a lot, even if sometimes I encounter some difficulties. But I realized that it all depends on where you work (your salary, your mood day by day). I pretty hard found a place where my colleagues would behave friendly to me and the salary would be a pretty good one. You can try to come where I am working now.