Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries

Property Agents make A LOT of Money

Old 03-06-2013, 03:49 PM

cslee is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
There is this property agent who kept calling me to sell my condo. 3 years ago he told me to quickly sell as he said prices will crash by 30%, but I ignored him. I told him prices will not fall and I am right. Luckily I did not listen to him.

He still keeps calling me to sell now but I said prices will not fall as the new MRT station near my condo is still under construction and will be opened in 2015. He keeps quiet.

Don't trust agent when they tell you to sell. If they have buyers to buy from me, then why should I sell now? I will not sell because prices will move higher.
I'm waiting for 2015 too when the floodgate of new condo supplies near MRT is opened

Old 03-06-2013, 05:38 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by cslee View Post
I'm waiting for 2015 too when the floodgate of new condo supplies near MRT is opened
Sure, just pay 25% more than current prices. From previous observations, property prices will rise by 25 - 35% once an MRT station is opened for public use.

Old 03-06-2013, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Sure, just pay 25% more than current prices. From previous observations, property prices will rise by 25 - 35% once an MRT station is opened for public use.
Let's wait and see. Reveal your nick, so that we can talk again in Dec 2015.

Old 13-08-2013, 09:34 PM
Unregistered

The best properties to own now are those along the Downtown and Thomson lines. When these lines are operational, property prices around the MRT stations along the lines will rise by at least 30%. From now to 2015, properties in the central region will fall from current prices by 5% but those suburban properties along these new lines will rise. Condos in Bukit Panjang, Hillview, Woodlands will definitely appreciate when the lines start operating. Some condos that will rise include Hillier, Skywoods, Foresque, Tree House, Eco Sanctuary, Hillion, Maysprings, Parc Rosewood, La Casa, Casablanca, Rosewoods. These condos will benefit significantly when the Downtown line and the Thomson lines begin. They will be popular as traveling time to the city will be cut down a lot.
Old 14-08-2013, 09:30 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
The best properties to own now are those along the Downtown and Thomson lines. When these lines are operational, property prices around the MRT stations along the lines will rise by at least 30%. From now to 2015, properties in the central region will fall from current prices by 5% but those suburban properties along these new lines will rise. Condos in Bukit Panjang, Hillview, Woodlands will definitely appreciate when the lines start operating. Some condos that will rise include Hillier, Skywoods, Foresque, Tree House, Eco Sanctuary, Hillion, Maysprings, Parc Rosewood, La Casa, Casablanca, Rosewoods. These condos will benefit significantly when the Downtown line and the Thomson lines begin. They will be popular as traveling time to the city will be cut down a lot.
so can make how many %?
Old 14-08-2013, 11:17 AM
Unregistered

Agree. Many agents are "not that honest". As they would like to increase their number of downline, they would just paint you the best picture. An agent told me an average agent earns SGD 500K per year.

I was a registered agent now. I can see that before joining, many promises to "groom" you to the next level. After joining, you need to swim yourself.

On the other hand, the are really good mentor too. It's a challenge to find them.

Quote:
There is this famous quote in Real estate industry.

100 people, 50 drop out.
30 barely make ends meet
18 did above average
2 made it big.

I think 50-100k PA is average.
Seems a lot right? But must remember to minus expenses, advertisement, petrol, car all these.. And also work 7 days a week, on the go kind of job. No MC, no CPF, no benefits, no bonus, no security.

End up, you may not have much left.

Worth trying. But if you can't hit 150k PA and above, better leave fast and find a stable job.

Old 16-08-2013, 11:51 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
so can make how many %?
New condos near the Hillview MRT, such as Eco Sanctuary, Foresque and Tree House are selling at only $1100 psf currently. In Bukit Timah, which will just be a few MRT stops away from the Hillview MRT station, prices can be about $2000 psf. Once the Downtown Line 2 is running in 2015, the Bukit Timah condo prices will move up to $2200 psf, while the new condos such as Foresque, Eco Sanctuary and Tree House would appreciate to $1500-1600 psf at least. The current price gap between Bukit Timah condos and Hillview condos are too wide, the price gap will narrow with the opening of the Downtown Line 2, but the condos mentioned (Eco, Foresque, Tree House) would appreciate at a higher rate than the Bukit Timah condos. Jurong East condo such as J Gateway are already selling at $1500psf and it is less prime than the Hillview / Dairy Farm location. The only reason why prices in Hillview / Dairy Farm is currently lower than Jurong East is due to the lack of connectivity. But once the connectivity improves with DTL2, prices will inevitably shoot up. You can travel from Hillview to Orchard and CBD within 20 - 30 mins. Why buy condos in Orchard at $5000 psf? Is 30 min of travel worth $4000 psf (or $4m for a 1000 sq ft condo)?
Old 16-08-2013, 06:56 PM
Unregistered

This is very insightful analysis, enlightening indeed. In property investing don't always think that buying a property in prime district will be profitable. There are cases where people who bought D9 condos lose money because the price they paid was too high. Whereas places where people shunned (e.g. Jurong) actually make money.

Quote:
New condos near the Hillview MRT, such as Eco Sanctuary, Foresque and Tree House are selling at only $1100 psf currently. In Bukit Timah, which will just be a few MRT stops away from the Hillview MRT station, prices can be about $2000 psf. Once the Downtown Line 2 is running in 2015, the Bukit Timah condo prices will move up to $2200 psf, while the new condos such as Foresque, Eco Sanctuary and Tree House would appreciate to $1500-1600 psf at least. The current price gap between Bukit Timah condos and Hillview condos are too wide, the price gap will narrow with the opening of the Downtown Line 2, but the condos mentioned (Eco, Foresque, Tree House) would appreciate at a higher rate than the Bukit Timah condos. Jurong East condo such as J Gateway are already selling at $1500psf and it is less prime than the Hillview / Dairy Farm location. The only reason why prices in Hillview / Dairy Farm is currently lower than Jurong East is due to the lack of connectivity. But once the connectivity improves with DTL2, prices will inevitably shoot up. You can travel from Hillview to Orchard and CBD within 20 - 30 mins. Why buy condos in Orchard at $5000 psf? Is 30 min of travel worth $4000 psf (or $4m for a 1000 sq ft condo)?
Old 26-02-2014, 05:17 PM

Quote:
There is this property agent who kept calling me to sell my condo. 3 years ago he told me to quickly sell as he said prices will crash by 30%, but I ignored him. I told him prices will not fall and I am right. Luckily I did not listen to him.

He still keeps calling me to sell now but I said prices will not fall as the new MRT station near my condo is still under construction and will be opened in 2015. He keeps quiet.

Don't trust agent when they tell you to sell. If they have buyers to buy from me, then why should I sell now? I will not sell because prices will move higher.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by cslee View Post
Let's wait and see. Reveal your nick, so that we can talk again in Dec 2015.
Wonder where's the property owner of above now?

Gloomier prospects for property sellers, Singapore Property News, Singapore Property Guides & Articles - STProperty

Singapore property bubble is going to burst | The Real Singapore

Last edited by cslee; 26-02-2014 at 05:22 PM.
Old 26-02-2014, 06:13 PM
Unregistered

You know, the strange thing is when you are looking to buy, you will feel that the prices havent drop, at best they are not moving up as fast as they were previously.

To say that prices will crash or the crash has already started is way premature.

The current situation is not like in 2008/09 where the world economy was collapsing due to the US sub-prime problem. Then all the doom sayers were predicting the mother of crash. Many people the world over (S'poreans included) lost their jobs. But you know what? Many people sold off their homes hoping to jump back in to scoop up properties at rock bottom prices. My tenant was one of them. He waited and waited. Property prices did drop, but not to the extent that he expected. The next moment he realised, the property prices were on the uptrend again. He panicked and quickly grabbed a unit at a higher price than he would have liked. Still he counted himself lucky.

Today's situation is all home made. The gahmen is engineering a soft landing through a series of CM, TSDR and MSR. Though they didnt say how much reduction in price they are looking for, it is not in their interest to cause a collapse. It does not serve anybody any good. One interesting thing to note is that developers are still bidding aggressively for land - how then can they launch the new property at lower prices? Also we are experiencing full employment, economy is chugging along happily. With the CM, TDSR, MSR speculators have long been weeded out. People who bought properties later with the CM, TSDR and MSR in place are not taking excessive loans - this only means that they are able to hold on to the property for long term.

How much drop then could one realistically expect? Gurus have been predicting around 15% drop, but we have to wait and see. The window of opportunity will be small, because the gahmen could then step to remove or relax some of the measures, TDSR and MSR. Afterall, it is all home made factors.