Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Property Agents make A LOT of Money (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/642-property-agents-make-lot-money.html)

SG_User 01-06-2013 09:32 AM

I think, make a lot of money only if you have a vast customer base and also good communication skills.

Having said that, I have received too many property agent flyers. Seems that many are desperate for customers...

cslee 01-06-2013 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SG_User (Post 37889)
I think, make a lot of money only if you have a vast customer base and also good communication skills.

Having said that, I have received too many property agent flyers. Seems that many are desperate for customers...

We always drive to Hougang Central to do marketing. Ongoing Mid-town showflat launch have been ongoing for past few months. The nearby Park and Ride carpark is full of the property agents' cars. And whole lot of them are also eating in nearby Kang Kar foodcourt. You can easily identify them by their attires and lanyards. Most (if not all) drive BMWs, Merc etc.

Happen to see one of them is a parent of my child's classmate in childcare centre. Still owe 2-3 months childcare fee outstanding notice after I fetched my kid recently. I had an impression that these agents "die die" must keep their expensive & successful outlooks despite unpaid dues. If it were me, I would sell away my expensive car and pay up my dues first.

It's now widely reported that transaction volumes are down despite prices not yet moving. It's mean sellers not wiling to sell low and buyers still waiting on sideline for price correction. With such backdrop, how can we sustain army of property agents driving BMWs in a small nation that further reduce supply of COEs?

Unregistered 01-06-2013 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 37886)
Just out of curiosity, I wonder how much is a PA earning now on average...

There is this famous quote in Real estate industry.

100 people, 50 drop out.
30 barely make ends meet
18 did above average
2 made it big.

I think 50-100k PA is average.
Seems a lot right? But must remember to minus expenses, advertisement, petrol, car all these.. And also work 7 days a week, on the go kind of job. No MC, no CPF, no benefits, no bonus, no security.

End up, you may not have much left.

Worth trying. But if you can't hit 150k PA and above, better leave fast and find a stable job.

Unregistered 02-06-2013 07:07 AM

Ha ha ha ... with this income he can't afford to buy the car? He must have been bullying you ...

Quote:

Originally Posted by earn and earn--- (Post 1333)
My property agent told me he earned more than 300K last year and 50K alone last month. And he is a resident agent and does not have a car, he only sells apartments within our condominium.

Imagine his savings!

But if the market spirals downhill things may turn out differently of course, after all last year was a bumper crop year for all in property line...

Unregistered 02-06-2013 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cslee (Post 37898)
We always drive to Hougang Central to do marketing. Ongoing Mid-town showflat launch have been ongoing for past few months. The nearby Park and Ride carpark is full of the property agents' cars. And whole lot of them are also eating in nearby Kang Kar foodcourt. You can easily identify them by their attires and lanyards. Most (if not all) drive BMWs, Merc etc.

Happen to see one of them is a parent of my child's classmate in childcare centre. Still owe 2-3 months childcare fee outstanding notice after I fetched my kid recently. I had an impression that these agents "die die" must keep their expensive & successful outlooks despite unpaid dues. If it were me, I would sell away my expensive car and pay up my dues first.

It's now widely reported that transaction volumes are down despite prices not yet moving. It's mean sellers not wiling to sell low and buyers still waiting on sideline for price correction. With such backdrop, how can we sustain army of property agents driving BMWs in a small nation that further reduce supply of COEs?

It's quite strange phenomena here in Singapore, the prop agents are driving the lux cars, while the buyer are taking public transport. What happen in other countries are the opposite. Something strange are happening in Sg property market ...

Unregistered 02-06-2013 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 37928)
It's quite strange phenomena here in Singapore, the prop agents are driving the lux cars, while the buyer are taking public transport. What happen in other countries are the opposite. Something strange are happening in Sg property market ...

I know of an agent who has just quitted. She said it is tough, not many owners are selling because the owners believe prices can go up further. Those selling are not in a hurry to sell and not reducing prices. Owners have holding power. So, not much transactions. So even though prices continue to rise, transactions are down. So, agents cannot make much.

Unregistered 02-06-2013 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 37928)

I think this is quite true. But I've heard that some agents are overloading themselves with personal loans and car loans to maintain a prosperous image.

Unregistered 03-06-2013 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 37929)
I know of an agent who has just quitted. She said it is tough, not many owners are selling because the owners believe prices can go up further. Those selling are not in a hurry to sell and not reducing prices. Owners have holding power. So, not much transactions. So even though prices continue to rise, transactions are down. So, agents cannot make much.

This is true. Sellers are being very stubborn to reduce their prices but buyers also want discounts. In many cases, there are stalemates and no transaction done. While both buyers and sellers remain stubborn, agents got nothing. However once prices start to rise again, buyers will panic and start to be more realistic in their discounts. For agents to survive, prices need to go higher again.

SG_User 03-06-2013 09:51 AM

A vicious cycle indeed. Wait for a crash to happen.

Unregistered 03-06-2013 12:43 PM

There is this property agent who kept calling me to sell my condo. 3 years ago he told me to quickly sell as he said prices will crash by 30%, but I ignored him. I told him prices will not fall and I am right. Luckily I did not listen to him.

He still keeps calling me to sell now but I said prices will not fall as the new MRT station near my condo is still under construction and will be opened in 2015. He keeps quiet.

Don't trust agent when they tell you to sell. If they have buyers to buy from me, then why should I sell now? I will not sell because prices will move higher.