Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Property Agents make A LOT of Money (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/642-property-agents-make-lot-money.html)

Unregistered 18-04-2010 07:47 PM

Hi,

I'm comtemplating on whether to join as property agent for a while as i've been hearing people's negative comments about agents that they blood sxxkers and stuff like that. Can someone please in general, give me a summary what criticism you have been receiving from people around you, even someone you know?

Cheers
Ben Goh

Unregistered 18-04-2010 11:12 PM

to livingston

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 5717)
Hi,

I'm comtemplating on whether to join as property agent for a while as i've been hearing people's negative comments about agents that they blood sxxkers and stuff like that. Can someone please in general, give me a summary what criticism you have been receiving from people around you, even someone you know?

Cheers
Ben Goh

Haven't you dealt with prop agents before? Just call and pretend to be a seller or buyer, and learn from the best.

Unregistered 21-04-2010 12:00 PM

for top agents, $3 to 6 mil in a good year is no problem, after which they can be ppty developers themselves

Alson 21-04-2010 02:16 PM

Property vs insurance agent

Hi guys .. Just got this question .. Cus I am wondering should I go for property or insurance agents .. Basically I no not have any savings as just finish my Ns .. Which will be a Bette. Career for me ???

A Guy 01-05-2010 10:30 PM

About me and my story

I am in late 30s. I am drawing a salary of 120k/year as a manager in a MNC. Last year, I bought my 2nd property.

I have been a vivid player in stock, equities, options etc. I spend 2 years from 2007 till 2009 before I bought my private property and rent out my HDB.

While I was looking for property, I was constantly pissed. Yes, constantly pissed by agents. Agents who pushed business like selling vegetables in wet market. This happened when I bought my private and also rent out my house. This is a real story.

I found some of these agents are not working professionally, and should not be taking the commissions. They are not helping the people who are getting them to transact the deal.

This prompt me to do something.

I take up the property certification after work and successful embark with a company to start my part time as an agent.

I am closing deal. You need to be financial savvy, put in some hard works and also know how to add professional. I think my years of experiences in the corporate world help me a lot to mingle with high net worth clients

I am taking it as a hobby. More like helping others and also helping myself in my own transactions. I do intend to estate building and also equities portfolio building :)

Unregistered 01-05-2010 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A Guy (Post 5798)
I take up the property certification after work and successful embark with a company to start my part time as an agent.

I am taking it as a hobby. More like helping others and also helping myself in my own transactions. I do intend to estate building and also equities portfolio building :)

Sounds like a good idea! But is there a minimum sales target you need to maintain in order to keep your certification / licence?

Unregistered 10-05-2010 06:54 PM

Real estate agents

do agents need to take CES or CEHA to do transactions?

Unregistered 14-05-2010 12:08 AM

cameoed pags

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 5717)
Hi,

Cheers
Ben Goh

Generally for me, when people or investor speaks to me, they rather ask you your opinion about the market. The negative comments I hear about agent usually comes from other agents who have a bad experience from another. For myself, because of the level of service I provide my clients, they usually refer clients to me cause they know that they are safe with me.

My point is this, there is definitely some black sheeps in the industry and that is why the government is setting up the Council of Estate Agent, to improve the quality and standards of the agents Having said that, there are also good and ethical agents. You do not need to worry about what people say about other agents, just be mindful of your own actions so that you will have good reputation for yourself.

Unregistered 11-06-2010 01:30 PM

agents sucks and most earn peanuts

Ms Poverty 03-08-2010 12:27 AM

I am earning $2k per month in a full-time job and contemplating career switch to property agent. How much capital is required to venture into property business?