Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Nielsen salary (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/6149-nielsen-salary.html)

anba 13-11-2015 09:44 PM

Nielsen salary

Hi,
Anyone know how much Nielsen pays within Advanced analytic consulting for research analyst & sr. research analyst position?

Also, what kind of exit ops are there for this kind of role? Can I go into any in-house function at unilever or GSK or Cargill type firm. In like market research, analytics or related area.

Thanks for the help.

Unregistered 13-11-2015 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anba (Post 75106)
Hi,
Anyone know how much Nielsen pays within Advanced analytic consulting for research analyst & sr. research analyst position?

Also, what kind of exit ops are there for this kind of role? Can I go into any in-house function at unilever or GSK or Cargill type firm. In like market research, analytics or related area.

Thanks for the help.

Researchers are paid 8-10k while seniors can be paid up to 15k.

Unregistered 14-11-2015 01:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 75107)
Researchers are paid 8-10k while seniors can be paid up to 15k.

how is the progression? need 5 years to reach sr analyst?

Unregistered 14-11-2015 02:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 75117)
how is the progression? need 5 years to reach sr analyst?

Nope, I know a couple of snr's who got there in 2 years.
Of course it isn't purely about technical abilities.

Unregistered 14-11-2015 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 75118)
Nope, I know a couple of snr's who got there in 2 years.
Of course it isn't purely about technical abilities.

TBH there is nothing technical about this kind of job in Neilsen other than very basic excel spreadsheet skills.

anba 14-11-2015 02:22 PM

Thanks for the info.

Wanted to clarify a bit more - these 'researchers', are they phd qualified ones? I for e.g., have a master's in economics (specialize in econometric modeling from a good uni), plus 3years exp in tech consulting before masters. But since I want to change careers into analytics and I have no relevant exp in this field, they say join at research analyst level (almost fresh grad). And their only offering basic around 50k-55k. (P.S. this is way lesser than my previous job salary).

Also, my situation is a bit unique cause I was not working for about 1yr post masters due to personal issues & then finding job also challenging cause of that.

anba 14-11-2015 02:28 PM

Also, when speaking with them, they talk a lot about regression analysis, and my skills in R, SAS type programs.

Unregistered 14-11-2015 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anba (Post 75135)
Thanks for the info.

Wanted to clarify a bit more - these 'researchers', are they phd qualified ones? I for e.g., have a master's in economics (specialize in econometric modeling from a good uni), plus 3years exp in tech consulting before masters. But since I want to change careers into analytics and I have no relevant exp in this field, they say join at research analyst level (almost fresh grad). And their only offering basic around 50k-55k. (P.S. this is way lesser than my previous job salary).

Also, my situation is a bit unique cause I was not working for about 1yr post masters due to personal issues & then finding job also challenging cause of that.

Realistically speaking if you are already finding it hard to find a job after 1 year of unemployment, it's not like you really have a choice on not to accept the offer.

This sort of salary for a good quantitative Masters is very low especially you have quite some years of work exp already, could be the job you are allocated is quite basic and not that technical or specialize. But at the end of the day this is still better than staying at home waiting right?

No point keep benchmarking against your previous salary because the chances of any company willing to offer you the same package for some unrelated job you were doing some years ago is almost zero.

anba 14-11-2015 07:33 PM

You're right, i'll be taking the job. This discussion is more of a curiosity thing.
My prior exp was with think (Booz Allen/IBM/Accenture) kinda firm. Both undergrad/masters from global Top 20 uni. The gap in resume, all i can say is.. sometimes life makes things hard for you.. for whatever reason.

I wonder if this salary offered is for the probationary period - its 6 months. Maybe change after that? As far as I know, the job is fairly advanced cause we were discussing very technical level stuff (e.g. logit/probit, hierarchical modeling, etc..) in interview.

Pls feel free to enlighten me if I'm mistaken on technical stuff described is not advanced. They said I'll be dealing with price-promotion models, marketing mix models, customer segmentation etc..

anba 14-11-2015 07:47 PM

If I may ask, have you previously worked at nielsen?