Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Science Related Jobs Gather Here (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/6123-science-related-jobs-gather-here.html)

superkiwiman 09-11-2015 09:11 PM

Science Related Jobs Gather Here

Be it what you have taken; Chemistry/Biotechnology or any other life sciences courses.

Share your work life; what you are working as/ how long you have worked there for.

I myself have just finished my 1 year contract in a well known MNC as a Lab Analyst. (Have to gain experience before hopping onto other jobs)
Only taking in a gross of 2.3k a month with OT.

Currently looking out for a job, shortlisted with a couple more interviews next week :).

Look forward to hear yours, and how you have progressed in this path.

Unregistered 09-11-2015 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by superkiwiman (Post 74881)
Be it what you have taken; Chemistry/Biotechnology or any other life sciences courses.

Share your work life; what you are working as/ how long you have worked there for.

I myself have just finished my 1 year contract in a well known MNC as a Lab Analyst. (Have to gain experience before hopping onto other jobs)
Only taking in a gross of 2.3k a month with OT.

Currently looking out for a job, shortlisted with a couple more interviews next week :).

Look forward to hear yours, and how you have progressed in this path.

are u a diploma / degree holder?

Unregistered 09-11-2015 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 74883)

I would hazard a guess and say diploma. That pay is atrocious for a degree holder.

Studied science but not in the industry. But I do have loads of friend in the industry.
P&G researcher fresh is mid 3k.

QA/QC lab ranges from 2.8-3.4k fresh. Depends on your company and luck. the more famous MNC unfortunately pays less.

superkiwiman 09-11-2015 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 74883)

Yeah, still a diploma holder, doing a part time degree.

superkiwiman 09-11-2015 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 74884)
I would hazard a guess and say diploma. That pay is atrocious for a degree holder.

Studied science but not in the industry. But I do have loads of friend in the industry.
P&G researcher fresh is mid 3k.

QA/QC lab ranges from 2.8-3.4k fresh. Depends on your company and luck. the more famous MNC unfortunately pays less.

the qa/qc ranges u stated i'm supposing is degree holders pay i believe?
Yeah and some industries take in contract, but since it was a good company i decided to stay for a year and at least get some experience.

Unregistered 11-11-2015 10:16 AM

Studied Science in local uni. Unfortunately did not started work in a really science-related industry that utilises my knowledge. 5 years now earning close to 6k.

Unregistered 14-11-2015 02:22 AM

Studied biomedical science from SP. Realised pay isn't really good in this field for all the effort you put into gaining the necessary knowledge. I have friends, degree grads working as lab assistants... Really?? After graduation, I signed on to the airforce. Currently studying in a totally different field in NUS.

Unregistered 14-11-2015 11:40 PM

maybe of interest to some...
WWF - Assistant Education Manager
://.wwf.sg/wwf_singapore/jobs/?254470/assistant-education-manager

Unregistered 15-11-2015 10:13 PM

I'm currently working in a hospital lab. Pay is $3750, 5 years working experience. I have a MSc, is the pay reasonable?

Unregistered 15-11-2015 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 75230)
I'm currently working in a hospital lab. Pay is $3750, 5 years working experience. I have a MSc, is the pay reasonable?

the pay is low... ur master from where one?