Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Companies (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/)
-   -   MCI (Ministry of Communications and Information) (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/6053-mci-ministry-communications-information.html)

tjm91 26-10-2015 08:54 PM

MCI (Ministry of Communications and Information)

Hey guys, so I got called up recently to go for an interview at the Ministry of Communications and Information (MCI), for the position of Information Officer. I was told that I would have to write a ~1000 essay on the spot, then after that be given 1 hour to prepare a presentation for my interviewers.

The interview will come right after the presentation. I was given this info by HR, but I am curious (and also quite nervous) about what kinds of topics I am expected to write and present on. Anyone has any experience/able to give any advice? Also, what sort of salary should I be expecting? I am a fresh grad from a private uni, with a first-class honours degree.

Thank you in advance!

Unregistered 07-01-2016 01:07 PM

Hello there! I was called up too for 2 rounds of interview in fact. Did the HR get back? How long did they tookto update you the status (successful/unsuccessful) of your application?

Unregistered 07-01-2016 02:40 PM

Information Officer sounds like a diploma level position. I thought last time only execs need to write essay and presentation, how come now even officers also need?

Unregistered 07-01-2016 10:41 PM

The IO scheme (similar to the economist) is a high(er) flying scheme paid more than the normal MX folks.

Unregistered 09-01-2016 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 77696)
Information Officer sounds like a diploma level position. I thought last time only execs need to write essay and presentation, how come now even officers also need?

Hellooo.. who cares abt job title.. its the $$ that matters.. u hold director post also what for if ur salary same as an exec.. plus not all org is like ur company, maybe at ur org admin staff are all called managers.. FyI some degree post have name such as admin officers..

Unregistered 10-01-2016 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 77723)
The IO scheme (similar to the economist) is a high(er) flying scheme paid more than the normal MX folks.

IO scheme only pays slightly higher than MX scheme.

Unregistered 10-01-2016 12:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 77696)

dunno which era or ministry u are/were from. but all the ministries/sb that i have interacted with refer deg holder as officer.

Unregistered 10-01-2016 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 77838)
dunno which era or ministry u are/were from. but all the ministries/sb that i have interacted with refer deg holder as officer.

all grads regardless diploma or uni is known as officer actually.

Unregistered 11-01-2016 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 77693)
Hello there! I was called up too for 2 rounds of interview in fact. Did the HR get back? How long did they tookto update you the status (successful/unsuccessful) of your application?

How long has it been since your last interview?

MCI HR is known to be rather slow. The whole process (from submitting application to job offer) can take 3-4 months.

Unregistered 11-01-2016 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 77837)
IO scheme only pays slightly higher than MX scheme.

Do you happen to know how much higher? A couple of hundreds?