Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Bloomberg/Factset/Reuters Career Path & Progression (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/5899-bloomberg-factset-reuters-career-path-progression.html)

potatohead 26-09-2015 11:40 PM

Bloomberg/Factset/Reuters Career Path & Progression

Anyone working in all these financial data vendor?

Recently saw job ad of Bloomberg hiring global data analyst. Anyone know how's the exit opportunities and how's life there? No idea where can I jump if I work in those position.

Unregistered 02-10-2015 11:30 AM

My close friend is working at Bloomberg, he got in through the Global Analytics & Sales program (or something similarly named). His starting salary was 4.7, rose to 5.2k within 6 months. He told me they have a quarterly pay review structure, which is pretty sweet. Life there is mixed depending on what job role and dept u are in but generally... long hours, a lot of chiobus from various SEA countries.

Opportunities to travel the region, great pay and benefits. However, work satisfaction is a problem I believe.

Sidenote: it's not easy to get in. have to be pretty much in the top 5% of your uni

potatohead 03-10-2015 03:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 73323)
My close friend is working at Bloomberg, he got in through the Global Analytics & Sales program (or something similarly named). His starting salary was 4.7, rose to 5.2k within 6 months. He told me they have a quarterly pay review structure, which is pretty sweet. Life there is mixed depending on what job role and dept u are in but generally... long hours, a lot of chiobus from various SEA countries.

Opportunities to travel the region, great pay and benefits. However, work satisfaction is a problem I believe.

Sidenote: it's not easy to get in. have to be pretty much in the top 5% of your uni

that's a decent pay. any idea on career progression and bonus?

Unregistered 03-10-2015 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by potatohead (Post 73365)
that's a decent pay. any idea on career progression and bonus?

Usually if you are a good performer, should be able to hit 10k+ in 3-4 years. Bonus is so so, not as good as IB, most of the time 6-8 months.

Teddy.bear. 20-05-2016 04:33 PM

Anyone can share how is the work like for the Global Data Analyst Program in bloomberg?

Unregistered 20-05-2016 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Teddy.bear. (Post 85834)
Anyone can share how is the work like for the Global Data Analyst Program in bloomberg?

Boring as hell. Very very technical, you get grilled at the start with exams on finance and everything finance related. It's a tech/customer service role, hence the pay is very decent as I had first mentioned (I was the guy who responded to the initial query). It's really a glorified customer service role... everyone aims to join the sales side after 2-3 years but not everyone can make it there.

Unregistered 24-08-2021 08:01 PM

May I know what is the average pay for data analyst and yearly increment + bonus?

Unregistered 12-11-2021 09:01 AM

hi! anybody went for the AC for market data analyst program? how was the experience like?

also, what are the exit opps/career progression like for this role?

Unregistered 12-11-2021 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 189778)
hi! anybody went for the AC for market data analyst program? how was the experience like?

hi, may i now how much an enterprise sales manager earns in bloomberg? i have been called for an interview and I am just trying to get a guage for it

Unregistered 17-11-2021 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 189778)

They looked at both technical skills and soft skills. For the AC there was this coding test and you'll know whether you've passed at the end of the day.