Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   DBS fx settlements fresh grad job (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/5791-dbs-fx-settlements-fresh-grad-job.html)

big_foot 08-09-2015 09:40 PM

DBS fx settlements fresh grad job

hi, i ve recently been offered a fx settlements job at DBS, contract, under operations, they told me to contact kelly services.

I apply directly through their website, just wondering how is the pay like for the job?

I understand is Back office, but heard from my friends working at other local banks receiving around 3 to 3.5k...

Unregistered 08-09-2015 09:52 PM

yup, around the lower end of the range. kelly services has to take a cut too.

big_foot 08-09-2015 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 72426)
yup, around the lower end of the range. kelly services has to take a cut too.

so.. its around 3k? woah thats pretty high alr thanks!

Unregistered 08-09-2015 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by big_foot (Post 72427)
so.. its around 3k? woah thats pretty high alr thanks!

It's not high, dun forget DBS has no AWS and bonus is very low for BO contract... actually the total pay is only ~40k quite low esp for a contract job with long hours

big_foot 08-09-2015 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 72428)
It's not high, dun forget DBS has no AWS and bonus is very low for BO contract... actually the total pay is only ~40k quite low esp for a contract job with long hours

yea i do know that, but some of those that kelly intro is ranging around 2.2 to 2.6, for the exact same type of job...

for me its a good start, Im perfectly ok with working at ops or BO at banks, afterall that is considered a pretty good job as well :)

Unregistered 08-09-2015 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by big_foot (Post 72429)
yea i do know that, but some of those that kelly intro is ranging around 2.2 to 2.6, for the exact same type of job...

for me its a good start, Im perfectly ok with working at ops or BO at banks, afterall that is considered a pretty good job as well :)

Yup, start small and be content.Learn as much as you can, work hard and excel in whatever you do be it in BO, MO or FO,money and success will come chasing after you

big_foot 08-09-2015 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 72431)
Yup, start small and be content.Learn as much as you can, work hard and excel in whatever you do be it in BO, MO or FO,money and success will come chasing after you

yea... but honestly having doubts when the dbs manager come tell me to register with kelly for the job... even till now I m still having doubts the pay is really at 3k...

Unregistered 08-09-2015 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by big_foot (Post 72432)
yea... but honestly having doubts when the dbs manager come tell me to register with kelly for the job... even till now I m still having doubts the pay is really at 3k...

Read through your contract carefully if they offer you before signing on it

Unregistered 09-09-2015 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by big_foot (Post 72429)

u cannot just look at monthly basic. for e.g. a typical SIM grad who joins a sme draws a 2.5k for 15 mths. That's already 37.5k and its a perm job and not even contractor. a typical local u grad draws 3.4k for 15.5 mths in civil service, ie ~53k

not saying the dbs job not good, but just saying ur way of comparing pay just using monthly basic is not correct. u have to look at total package.

Unregistered 09-09-2015 11:53 AM

contract with kelly is minimal leave & benefits one...