Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Ernst & Young Salary- Transactions Advisory Services (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/5746-ernst-young-salary-transactions-advisory-services.html)

anba 02-09-2015 02:20 PM

Ernst & Young Salary- Transactions Advisory Services

Hi,

I'm currently working as an entry level year-3 Analyst at Accenture & earn 61,100 per annum. I have final interview rounds at EY (Transactions Advisory Services) team coming up. I want to make this shift cause financial advisory is more in my area of interest than the work that Accenture does.

I wanted to know how much EY pays for Associate / Snr. Associate levels in TAS. I assume its different to their audit / tax departments since its consulting work and more 'prestigious'.

Thank you

Unregistered 02-09-2015 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anba (Post 72236)
Hi,

I'm currently working as an entry level year-3 Analyst at Accenture & earn 61,100 per annum. I have final interview rounds at EY (Transactions Advisory Services) team coming up. I want to make this shift cause financial advisory is more in my area of interest than the work that Accenture does.

I wanted to know how much EY pays for Associate / Snr. Associate levels in TAS. I assume its different to their audit / tax departments since its consulting work and more 'prestigious'.

Thank you

You're going to be in for a big surprise....

anba 02-09-2015 09:18 PM

hmm, maybe more detail?

Unregistered 02-09-2015 11:38 PM

haha TAS prestigious... is this what the interviewer say? LOL

Unregistered 03-09-2015 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anba (Post 72255)
hmm, maybe more detail?

To be blunt, don't expect to be paid more than your current job.

Unregistered 03-09-2015 10:35 PM

Lol transactions advisory is not "consulting"

It is financial due diligence for M&A (ie companies being bought and sold)

If investment bankers are like real estate agents, TAS is like the contractor tasked with carrying out minor repair works to bring up the sale value.

anba 04-09-2015 01:12 AM

Good analogy.

anba 04-09-2015 01:12 AM

Compared to audit, its definitely better

Unregistered 04-09-2015 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anba (Post 72292)
Compared to audit, its definitely better

Not really that much better. Audit year 3 is usually a senior associate drawing ~50-55k base, Transactions Advisory (a.k.a process outsourcing) is either the same or at most 10-15% higher.

I don't know where you are getting this idea that TAS is a prestigious place comparable to management consulting, but that is clearly incorrect and anyone honest who works in a Big 4 before can tell you that.

If your intention is to jump from Accenture to EY hoping for a big pay rise and jack up in CV / social prestige, your gonna be in for a nasty surprise.

anba 04-09-2015 02:15 PM

How about salary in Advisory? The work they do is similar to mgmt consulting stuff that ACN does