How much is needed for a single guy to survive in Singapore? - Page 8 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




How much is needed for a single guy to survive in Singapore?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #71 (permalink)  
Old 10-04-2016, 02:25 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Can't survive liao! Need to borrow some QuickMoney.sg in Singapore leh.
You need at least 8k per month to live comfortable in Singapore. That is around 100k per year



Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills


SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote
  #72 (permalink)  
Old 10-04-2016, 02:51 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
You need at least 8k per month to live comfortable in Singapore. That is around 100k per year
These are my monthly expenses, 36 yr old single male

HDB loan repayment - from CPF on a monthly basis

Electricity/Water/SS&C - $150
TV/Internet - $80
Mobile - $50

Breakfast - $100
Lunch - $200
Dinner - $200
Snacks - $100

Transport - $80

Groceries etc. - $150

Reply With Quote
  #73 (permalink)  
Old 10-04-2016, 05:34 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
These are my monthly expenses, 36 yr old single male

HDB loan repayment - from CPF on a monthly basis

Electricity/Water/SS&C - $150
TV/Internet - $80
Mobile - $50

Breakfast - $100
Lunch - $200
Dinner - $200
Snacks - $100

Transport - $80

Groceries etc. - $150
No need to pay tax? Insurance? Buy clothes and shoes? Allowance for parents? Easily another 1k per month.

Reply With Quote
  #74 (permalink)  
Old 10-04-2016, 07:43 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
These are my monthly expenses, 36 yr old single male

HDB loan repayment - from CPF on a monthly basis

Electricity/Water/SS&C - $150
TV/Internet - $80
Mobile - $50

Breakfast - $100
Lunch - $200
Dinner - $200
Snacks - $100

Transport - $80

Groceries etc. - $150
That is not a comfortable life. That is barely getting by. That is 16 dollars per day for food. Means u hve to cook urself or eat hawker food every single meal. Eating at a restaurant will already be 50 dollars. Buying luxury goods will cost easily another 20k per year. What about going on holidays? 8k per month is the minimum to live a good life in Singapore.
Reply With Quote
  #75 (permalink)  
Old 11-04-2016, 10:13 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
That is not a comfortable life. That is barely getting by. That is 16 dollars per day for food. Means u hve to cook urself or eat hawker food every single meal. Eating at a restaurant will already be 50 dollars. Buying luxury goods will cost easily another 20k per year. What about going on holidays? 8k per month is the minimum to live a good life in Singapore.
About right. at 9k now but married with 2 kids, after CPF its 7k + not to mention at 36yo, you not only need basic expenditure like above groceries what not.
You also need to include investments, savings, insurance and of cos the occasional trvel

my partner earns slightly more than me and with our "basic expenses"
we feel cash tight. We do not go for long holidays and most of our trips are to nearby places, sans kids.
We both have our own cars.. but not conti.. just 2 B&B cars as our offices and lifestyle need quick transportation.
Reply With Quote
  #76 (permalink)  
Old 11-04-2016, 10:39 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
About right. at 9k now but married with 2 kids, after CPF its 7k + not to mention at 36yo, you not only need basic expenditure like above groceries what not.
You also need to include investments, savings, insurance and of cos the occasional trvel

my partner earns slightly more than me and with our "basic expenses"
we feel cash tight. We do not go for long holidays and most of our trips are to nearby places, sans kids.
We both have our own cars.. but not conti.. just 2 B&B cars as our offices and lifestyle need quick transportation.
Yeah life is tough in Sg. My estimate of 8k is assuming you are single and do not have kids.
Reply With Quote

  #77 (permalink)  
Old 11-04-2016, 11:06 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
About right. at 9k now but married with 2 kids, after CPF its 7k + not to mention at 36yo, you not only need basic expenditure like above groceries what not.
You also need to include investments, savings, insurance and of cos the occasional trvel

my partner earns slightly more than me and with our "basic expenses"
we feel cash tight. We do not go for long holidays and most of our trips are to nearby places, sans kids.
We both have our own cars.. but not conti.. just 2 B&B cars as our offices and lifestyle need quick transportation.
How much is your combined income per annum?

I'm 36yo too and me and my partner earns about $200k combined. We have 1 kid and only 1 car and living in a HDB flat but looking to upgrade to a condo... although $7k per month sounds like a lot and we are much better off than some, however I kind of agree with you about all the expenses add up and cash is tight....
Reply With Quote
  #78 (permalink)  
Old 11-04-2016, 11:06 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
How much is your combined income per annum?

I'm 36yo too and me and my partner earns about $200k combined. We have 1 kid and only 1 car and living in a HDB flat but looking to upgrade to a condo... although $7k per month sounds like a lot and we are much better off than some, however I kind of agree with you about all the expenses add up and cash is tight....
Sorry same poster, I mean I'm 35yo this year. Lost track of my age. Haha.
Reply With Quote
  #79 (permalink)  
Old 12-04-2016, 02:41 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
About right. at 9k now but married with 2 kids, after CPF its 7k + not to mention at 36yo, you not only need basic expenditure like above groceries what not.
You also need to include investments, savings, insurance and of cos the occasional trvel

my partner earns slightly more than me and with our "basic expenses"
we feel cash tight. We do not go for long holidays and most of our trips are to nearby places, sans kids.
We both have our own cars.. but not conti.. just 2 B&B cars as our offices and lifestyle need quick transportation.
to add..
same poster as above. combine HH income at 260k.
Reply With Quote
  #80 (permalink)  
Old 12-04-2016, 03:31 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Me & my hubby are in our early 30s with 1 son & 1 more daughter coming soon.

Our combined income is 310k and it's quite tight based on our current upper middle class lifestyle. We are anticipating the need to downgrade to more middle class when the little one is out.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Advice needed from everyone (Lonely single & Retirement) FineStone324 Income and Jobs 31 12-06-2021 08:18 PM
how much money is needed to live comfortably in singapore? steeze Income and Jobs 41 21-12-2017 03:00 PM
HDB Fire Rate Single Leaf Door + Samsung SHS 5230 Fingerprint Digital Lock+Gate $2400 ideallock Marketplace and Find Work 0 02-10-2013 12:05 PM
Urgent! Full-Time Permanent Trainee bakers needed (No experience needed) Yournextjob Marketplace and Find Work 0 05-02-2013 10:44 AM
Single VS Double major/ Honours VS Masters fishbone Education and Personal Growth 8 06-07-2012 09:55 PM

» 30 Recent Threads
PSA International ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
85 Replies, 23,639 Views
GovTech ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,987 Replies, 784,011 Views
DBS tech seed programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,991 Replies, 519,286 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,237 Replies, 870,537 Views
CSA (Cyber Security Agency) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
547 Replies, 187,391 Views
SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
6,488 Replies, 1,967,927 Views
UOB Management Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
847 Replies, 389,636 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
16,848 Replies, 6,222,048 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
7,649 Replies, 2,244,273 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,913 Replies, 1,861,588 Views
Need some advice if I should early... ( 1 2 3)
24 Replies, 902 Views
High Finance Thread ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
865 Replies, 223,406 Views
Internship tips
3 Replies, 114 Views
IMDA (under MCI) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
308 Replies, 138,051 Views
ST Engineering Aerospace ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
33 Replies, 35,649 Views
Micron starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
350 Replies, 137,788 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
5,427 Replies, 3,369,832 Views
dealing with freelance investor
9 Replies, 3,397 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
14,010 Replies, 8,672,324 Views
Compilation of MAs/Analysts Gross... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,047 Replies, 356,887 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,733 Replies, 817,339 Views
NCS (SingTel subsidiary) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
860 Replies, 593,866 Views
Civil Service Performance Bonus ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,834 Replies, 2,792,877 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,329 Replies, 2,226,463 Views
Advice needed! Final crossroad,... ( 1 2)
11 Replies, 506 Views
Factual Local Bank Salaries - DBS... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
872 Replies, 508,113 Views
Htx ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
75 Replies, 24,736 Views
MAS for Mid Career Professionals ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,140 Replies, 499,084 Views
Standard Chartered International... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
338 Replies, 125,422 Views
crypto trading tech roles
5 Replies, 977 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 09:18 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2