Advice needed for a 30 yo male diploma holder for the next stage of his life / career - Page 2 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Advice needed for a 30 yo male diploma holder for the next stage of his life / career

 Citibank Cash Back Card - up to $350 cash back* - Click to Apply Now 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #11 (permalink)  
Old 03-08-2015, 12:36 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
If it make u 'feel' better.
I'm also 30m in CS, <40k/pa.
Unsim graduate in MSO position for 5yrs+.
Unable to find suitable MX positions, most require 1st class, honours & more specialise degree.

Working >12hrs every other days is a norm for me due to workload.
+Ad-hoc weekends.
+Regular Shift with no allowance.
Have been striving hard, to learn skills from advance Microsoft Office, presentation to project management.
Plan to get more involved in committee project soon, hoping someday should a position open. will be capable enough to get the job.

U speak about MX12, avg workload, leaving on the dot & not adding much value to the organisation.
Well, its an unfair world. Just like I believed i worked harder, smarter & contributed so much more yet i'm compensated so much lower than you.

About the previous post's advice. 2 & 3 is not realistic.
2. Find a high paying graduate wife, a person who is desperate to get married, esp those aged 35 and above.
3. Buy a cheap 4 room BTO flat after you get married. Cost only $250k. You can take a 25 years mortgage. Pay slowly.


2. Better chances of finding a foreign wife.
3. Buy a resale 3rm flat with 25 yr mortgage or apply BTO 4rm with ur SG child.
then hopefully Live happily ever after.
Many of these kids thought they are cool when they skip school, don't do homework, go hang out at arcade and play games all day.

Fast forward 10-20 years and this is what they become. Those "nerdy losers" who attend classes 100% and completed their homework are enjoying the fruits of their labour, like those you mentioned in MX12. Is life unfair? Not really, you chose to enjoy earlier in life while they chose to enjoy later in life. 先苦后甜.

Reply With Quote
  #12 (permalink)  
Old 03-08-2015, 01:28 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Many of these kids thought they are cool when they skip school, don't do homework, go hang out at arcade and play games all day.

Fast forward 10-20 years and this is what they become. Those "nerdy losers" who attend classes 100% and completed their homework are enjoying the fruits of their labour, like those you mentioned in MX12. Is life unfair? Not really, you chose to enjoy earlier in life while they chose to enjoy later in life. 先苦后甜.
It is people like you that will get on other's nerve & deserve all the bad karma in your life.
You quoted my post thinking you knew everything while criticizing with your twisted perspective.

Fact: I juggle with Parttime job in Secondary school all the way till Poly, with above average grades.
Side income from Ebay during NS, got a FT job in CS and after 3 yrs of PT studies graduated from University.

Your reply suggests your immaturity & lack of responsibilities for your words & actions.
Therefore, i will not comment nor defend myself further on my original post & let karma do the rest.

Reply With Quote
  #13 (permalink)  
Old 03-08-2015, 07:22 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 8
p0496418 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
If it make u 'feel' better.
I'm also 30m in CS, <40k/pa.
Unsim graduate in MSO position for 5yrs+.
Unable to find suitable MX positions, most require 1st class, honours & more specialise degree.

Working >12hrs every other days is a norm for me due to workload.
+Ad-hoc weekends.
+Regular Shift with no allowance.
Have been striving hard, to learn skills from advance Microsoft Office, presentation to project management.
Plan to get more involved in committee project soon, hoping someday should a position open. will be capable enough to get the job.

U speak about MX12, avg workload, leaving on the dot & not adding much value to the organisation.
Well, its an unfair world. Just like I believed i worked harder, smarter & contributed so much more yet i'm compensated so much lower than you.
first of all, my bad if u thought i was in MSO scheme. actually, im not. the scheme im in requires me to work indoors and outdoors. my jobscope also requires me to drive long distances around singapore regularly. so maybe that's why im earning higher than your avg dip holder, who does the usual stuff in front of the computer...

additionally, no offence, but i rly think u shld quit / change your current job as it seems that your organization is undercutting u by ALOT. completed NS and 5 yrs as MSO in CS with a degree below 40k/pa? rly? time to move on bro...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
With ur lousy grades u think MOE will want u to 'mould' our future generation? And MOE teacher on average definitely work more than 12hr daily.

Consider part time UNISIM and hopefully ur organisation is willing to emplace u into graduate scheme and appreciate what u already have.
it aint over till the fat lady sings. it's like my current job. i didnt expect to get it after such a negative interview. how would u know that MOE will not even consider me under diploma GEO2 scheme?

anyway thanks for your opinion, not gonna try for MOE since u said teachers work >12 hours daily on avg.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Many of these kids thought they are cool when they skip school, don't do homework, go hang out at arcade and play games all day.

Fast forward 10-20 years and this is what they become. Those "nerdy losers" who attend classes 100% and completed their homework are enjoying the fruits of their labour, like those you mentioned in MX12. Is life unfair? Not really, you chose to enjoy earlier in life while they chose to enjoy later in life. 先苦后甜.
idk whether to be angry / laugh at your statement. im pretty sure i wont achieve MX12 now, even if i were to travel back in time, attend classes 100%, complete my homework diligently and punctually as what u stated above

but hey, maybe it's just me....

Reply With Quote
  #14 (permalink)  
Old 03-08-2015, 11:12 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by p0496418 View Post
first of all, my bad if u thought i was in MSO scheme. actually, im not. the scheme im in requires me to work indoors and outdoors. my jobscope also requires me to drive long distances around singapore regularly. so maybe that's why im earning higher than your avg dip holder, who does the usual stuff in front of the computer...

additionally, no offence, but i rly think u shld quit / change your current job as it seems that your organization is undercutting u by ALOT. completed NS and 5 yrs as MSO in CS with a degree below 40k/pa? rly? time to move on bro...



it aint over till the fat lady sings. it's like my current job. i didnt expect to get it after such a negative interview. how would u know that MOE will not even consider me under diploma GEO2 scheme?

anyway thanks for your opinion, not gonna try for MOE since u said teachers work >12 hours daily on avg.



idk whether to be angry / laugh at your statement. im pretty sure i wont achieve MX12 now, even if i were to travel back in time, attend classes 100%, complete my homework diligently and punctually as what u stated above

but hey, maybe it's just me....
Why are you answering a bunch of irrelevant distractions?

What exactly is the purpose of this thread?

I don't see any initiative or preliminary thoughts from you on how you intend to fulfill your goal of getting a hefty pay raise. Seems to be just you declaring you want to carry on with what you are doing and asking people to teach you how to make big money without any effort.

If we are wrong, then tell us more...
Reply With Quote
  #15 (permalink)  
Old 03-08-2015, 11:50 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by p0496418 View Post
it aint over till the fat lady sings. it's like my current job. i didnt expect to get it after such a negative interview. how would u know that MOE will not even consider me under diploma GEO2 scheme?
You are lazy beyond belief. It takes less than 5 sec to find ://.moe.gov.sg/careers/teach/diploma-education/

Diploma holders need to apply as a trainee and enroll in a DE program for 2 years. Whats this BS about fat lady sing to join GEO2. Jeez slack until cannot even do basic google still dreaming of big money.


SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote
  #16 (permalink)  
Old 04-08-2015, 12:01 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Why are you answering a bunch of irrelevant distractions?

What exactly is the purpose of this thread?

I don't see any initiative or preliminary thoughts from you on how you intend to fulfill your goal of getting a hefty pay raise. Seems to be just you declaring you want to carry on with what you are doing and asking people to teach you how to make big money without any effort.

If we are wrong, then tell us more...
that's exactly what he is doing. make no effort but expect to get paid.
Reply With Quote

  #17 (permalink)  
Old 04-08-2015, 12:01 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 8
p0496418 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
You are lazy beyond belief. It takes less than 5 sec to find ://.moe.gov.sg/careers/teach/diploma-education/

Diploma holders need to apply as a trainee and enroll in a DE program for 2 years. Whats this BS about fat lady sing to join GEO2. Jeez slack until cannot even do basic google still dreaming of big money.
how about u learn to read ppl's reply first?

"anyway thanks for your opinion, not gonna try for MOE since u said teachers work >12 hours daily on avg."
Reply With Quote
  #18 (permalink)  
Old 04-08-2015, 12:11 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 8
p0496418 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
What exactly is the purpose of this thread?

I don't see any initiative or preliminary thoughts from you on how you intend to fulfill your goal of getting a hefty pay raise. Seems to be just you declaring you want to carry on with what you are doing and asking people to teach you how to make big money without any effort.

If we are wrong, then tell us more...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
that's exactly what he is doing. make no effort but expect to get paid.
im asking what is the forum's opinion on what i should / must do to get higher pay. after all, this is a forum regarding salary right?

from here, it seems the consensus is i need to 1) upgrade myself by getting a degree 2) have special skills 3) work long hours



whether i wanna carry out 1) or 2) or 3) ultimately still lies with myself right? i feel i dont owe u all an answer / decision, since it's my personal life.

i just wanted to know some opinions / answers that's all.
Reply With Quote
  #19 (permalink)  
Old 04-08-2015, 06:41 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by p0496418 View Post
im asking what is the forum's opinion on what i should / must do to get higher pay. after all, this is a forum regarding salary right?

from here, it seems the consensus is i need to 1) upgrade myself by getting a degree 2) have special skills 3) work long hours



whether i wanna carry out 1) or 2) or 3) ultimately still lies with myself right? i feel i dont owe u all an answer / decision, since it's my personal life.

i just wanted to know some opinions / answers that's all.
This forum is not just about salary but the effort required to get that salary that you desire, No matter what we suggest, with your this one cannot, this one too long attitude, seriously, it wont get you anywhere even if we provide suggestions for you.


SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote
  #20 (permalink)  
Old 04-08-2015, 08:28 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by p0496418 View Post
im asking what is the forum's opinion on what i should / must do to get higher pay. after all, this is a forum regarding salary right?

from here, it seems the consensus is i need to 1) upgrade myself by getting a degree 2) have special skills 3) work long hours



whether i wanna carry out 1) or 2) or 3) ultimately still lies with myself right? i feel i dont owe u all an answer / decision, since it's my personal life.

i just wanted to know some opinions / answers that's all.

1) Your results are really poor. Take degree got high chance fail and waste a lot of money.

2) Does not sound like you got any special skills.

3) You not willing to work long hours.

Conclusion, stay at your current job and continue dreaming.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Career Advice Needed tcyeric Income and Jobs 16 19-04-2018 05:25 PM
Advice needed for a 31yr old diploma holder hellflame Income and Jobs 3 11-02-2015 11:40 AM
UNI course and career advice needed! tastoon Income and Jobs 23 20-01-2015 10:24 PM
Career advice needed, help pasirris123 Income and Jobs 0 26-04-2013 04:33 PM
IT Diploma Holder seeking for advice keroro_87 Income and Jobs 2 02-04-2013 09:25 AM

» 30 Recent Threads
How to start a small business
9 Replies, 1,768 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,396 Replies, 2,003,736 Views
Dsta ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
838 Replies, 570,313 Views
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
9,508 Replies, 3,050,176 Views
How much are you earning per annum? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
12,013 Replies, 3,835,942 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
10,659 Replies, 5,896,661 Views
anyone working at NCS ? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
439 Replies, 314,735 Views
Ex-MOE Teachers ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
80 Replies, 119,661 Views
DBS Graduate Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
742 Replies, 371,899 Views
Passive income ideas? ( 1 2 3)
27 Replies, 17,745 Views
Anyone jobless for a long time... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,999 Replies, 1,141,578 Views
Job Application with MOE... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
238 Replies, 223,474 Views
Interviews related ( 1 2)
13 Replies, 2,090 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,871 Replies, 1,746,510 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
850 Replies, 255,075 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,676 Replies, 1,121,985 Views
Looking for job referral,...
4 Replies, 410 Views
Progression in Career
1 Replies, 637 Views
Oil Majors vs. Trading House
4 Replies, 569 Views
Career advice
4 Replies, 2,470 Views
Big 4 audit exit options
0 Replies, 174 Views
Management Consultant MBB Big4 etc... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
51 Replies, 38,840 Views
DBS tech seed programme ( 1 2 3)
23 Replies, 3,386 Views
Should I switch to a higher paying... ( 1 2)
19 Replies, 2,251 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,452 Replies, 976,030 Views
GovTech / CSA / IMDA
0 Replies, 176 Views
Roles in accenture singapore ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
407 Replies, 267,839 Views
Job offer from Apple ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
474 Replies, 101,196 Views
High Finance Thread ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
147 Replies, 29,709 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 01:06 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2