Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   UniSIM Finance with FCH starting pay. (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/5548-unisim-finance-fch-starting-pay.html)

Unregistered 26-07-2015 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 70279)
all these banking hr are a joke. a local uni FCH joins as ma get 4.5-6k and the same FCH from a SIM they pay 2k+.

ok even if we give the benefit of doubt local uni is better maybe pay 20% higher, how can justify double in starting pay for local unis? are they trying to say a nus fch can do 2 times the work and 2 times smarter than a pte uni fch? it is just illogic hiring discrimination honestly.

Different role of cos different pay lar.

U think profit-crazy banks will spend more to hire a local uni if they can get someone else to do it at a cheaper rate? Obviously, the standard is different... That's y bank are willing to pay so much more. Use ur brain lar.

Unregistered 27-07-2015 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 70279)
all these banking hr are a joke. a local uni FCH joins as ma get 4.5-6k and the same FCH from a SIM they pay 2k+.

ok even if we give the benefit of doubt local uni is better maybe pay 20% higher, how can justify double in starting pay for local unis? are they trying to say a nus fch can do 2 times the work and 2 times smarter than a pte uni fch? it is just illogic hiring discrimination honestly.

Of course they have different rates for different qualifications and the school's reputation. Of course they cannot really measure whether local uni is better than private uni, but also how do we ensure that private uni is on par or better than local uni student?

The only way to do is to see your academic performance, which is the certification. If you are able to work hard and prove yourself, then go ahead go to local uni or ivy league (dont say that you have financial problem or whatsoever, because you can get scholarship if you aim for FCH).

It is not illogical but is a way to weight each individual candidate. Certainly I am not say private uni students are not good, but this is how the society works. Not matter what you say or push blames to HR, it will never change.

So why not equip yourself with relevant skills/specialize skills or start up your own business (hire those local uni FCH grads to work for you) and get higher pay then those local uni grad? Some private uni student had done that, so why not you?

Unregistered 30-07-2015 10:03 AM

unisim FCH can easily get 8-10k for a FO banking job. I know many unisims FCH working as traders taking away jobs from local grads.

Unregistered 30-07-2015 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 70773)
unisim FCH can easily get 8-10k for a FO banking job. I know many unisims FCH working as traders taking away jobs from local grads.

Name 3 individuals please.

Unregistered 30-07-2015 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 70777)
Name 3 individuals please.

peter, jack and joe. They jin satki, earn a lot sia unisim wan sui

Unregistered 30-07-2015 12:25 PM

hahahahah, why unisim so many jokesters??

noblekeon 24-08-2023 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 70319)
I dont see a reason why not? They earn it, with money and hardwork, not as if they just buy it from somewhere. I know it because I have friends who studies at unisim really give their best in obtaining the degree.

Although it is not as tough as NUS/NTU (I have been through that since I am from NUS), that does not mean we can deny their qualification.

I can't think of a good reason why not. They don't merely acquire it; rather, they labor for it and pay for it with their own resources. Friends of mine who are now enrolled in universities have told me that they put in extraordinary efforts to graduate with honors.

Despite the fact that it is not as rigorous as NUS/NTU (I know, because I went to NUS), we cannot question their certification.

My college-educated acquaintances are the first to tell me the truth about the cutthroat nature of the higher education market by comparing the advantages of public and private institutions. However, this does not imply that their degree is not valid.