Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   UniSIM Finance with FCH starting pay. (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/5548-unisim-finance-fch-starting-pay.html)

Unregistered 20-07-2015 07:58 PM

all these banking hr are a joke. a local uni FCH joins as ma get 4.5-6k and the same FCH from a SIM they pay 2k+.

ok even if we give the benefit of doubt local uni is better maybe pay 20% higher, how can justify double in starting pay for local unis? are they trying to say a nus fch can do 2 times the work and 2 times smarter than a pte uni fch? it is just illogic hiring discrimination honestly.

Unregistered 20-07-2015 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 70279)
all these banking hr are a joke. a local uni FCH joins as ma get 4.5-6k and the same FCH from a SIM they pay 2k+.

ok even if we give the benefit of doubt local uni is better maybe pay 20% higher, how can justify double in starting pay for local unis? are they trying to say a nus fch can do 2 times the work and 2 times smarter than a pte uni fch? it is just illogic hiring discrimination honestly.

Getting FCH in local uni is at least twice as hard compared to SIM in my opinion. Anyway, you need more than just FCH to enter MA programmes.

temp111 20-07-2015 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 70281)
Getting FCH in local uni is at least twice as hard compared to SIM in my opinion. Anyway, you need more than just FCH to enter MA programmes.

Fark u lah. Mai anyhow leh.

I seen a pte grad earning more than a local grad.

Unregistered 20-07-2015 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by temp111 (Post 70282)
Fark u lah. Mai anyhow leh.

I seen a pte grad earning more than a local grad.

Ok. Whatever that rocks your boat.

Unregistered 20-07-2015 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 70279)

I hope I don't sound incoherent with the following but here goes..

1. First of all, I am not too sure if FCHs from private unis are even able to gain entry into the MA programme. As far as I know, of the many MA programmes offered by the banks, only OCBC's YBP took in private uni students (and it is debatable if OCBC's YBP is truly an MA programme). Other banks' MA programmes have no private uni students in it, regardless of FCH or other classes of honours.

2. In light of the above, there is really no such thing about private uni FCH receiving only $2k + in the MA programmes.

3. There is no rule to determine whether a 20% premium in pay for local uni students is fair, or whether 100% premium is fair. If the banks really decide to practice such discrimination, then it is up to them to decide what is the % premium to settle on. If anyone is displeased with such a practice, feel free boycott that particular bank or raise it up to the relevant government authorities.

I have no intention of driving a wedge between private university and local university students. Just wanted to point out the fallacies in quoted post. Sincere apologies if I rubbed anyone the wrong way.

Unregistered 20-07-2015 09:02 PM

how is it a discrimination when they are simply not equal?

Unregistered 21-07-2015 08:18 AM

why do all these unisim kids think they even have a degree in the first place?

Unregistered 21-07-2015 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 70301)
why do all these unisim kids think they even have a degree in the first place?

I dont see a reason why not? They earn it, with money and hardwork, not as if they just buy it from somewhere. I know it because I have friends who studies at unisim really give their best in obtaining the degree.

Although it is not as tough as NUS/NTU (I have been through that since I am from NUS), that does not mean we can deny their qualification.

Of course, the reality is harsh, my friends who studied in unisim knows that because they always share with me about the competitive edge of local uni vs private uni and etc. But that does not mean that their degree is not recognize.

Not sure why you make such comment and that was a harsh comment. Is like people from MIT or Harvard say why NUS/NTU kids think they have degree in the first place. (But not sure about your qualification though, maybe you really are in the Ivy league) But even if you are, your character sux, thats all I can say

temp111 21-07-2015 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 70319)
I dont see a reason why not? They earn it, with money and hardwork, not as if they just buy it from somewhere. I know it because I have friends who studies at unisim really give their best in obtaining the degree.

Although it is not as tough as NUS/NTU (I have been through that since I am from NUS), that does not mean we can deny their qualification.

Of course, the reality is harsh, my friends who studied in unisim knows that because they always share with me about the competitive edge of local uni vs private uni and etc. But that does not mean that their degree is not recognize.

Not sure why you make such comment and that was a harsh comment. Is like people from MIT or Harvard say why NUS/NTU kids think they have degree in the first place. (But not sure about your qualification though, maybe you really are in the Ivy league) But even if you are, your character sux, thats all I can say

That guy is an idiot. Just ignore him.

Unregistered 25-07-2015 11:47 PM

do sme difference in pte or local u?