Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Credit planning deaprtment at UFJ bank (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/5547-credit-planning-deaprtment-ufj-bank.html)

Kelly 19-07-2015 06:36 PM

Credit planning deaprtment at UFJ bank

Dear All,

Anyone heard of the credit planning department at the Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ? Is this a good place? They need people to do credit portfolio management and stress testing, as well as formulating credit policies. Anyone been there for interview before?
I hope to hear from you soon.

Regards,
Kelly

Unregistered 19-07-2015 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kelly (Post 70187)
Dear All,

Anyone heard of the credit planning department at the Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ? Is this a good place? They need people to do credit portfolio management and stress testing, as well as formulating credit policies. Anyone been there for interview before?

Regards,
Kelly

By industry standards MUFJ is very relax & deadwood, but it also limits career & experience.

Unregistered 19-07-2015 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 70203)
By industry standards MUFJ is very relax & deadwood, but it also limits career & experience.

Yes, agreed. Was from the bank previously though not from the dept. it is either for fresh grad to gain some exp for two years and run off or for those looking to retire. Ask anyone from the bnf industry how BTMU or rather MUFG as they call it now how they work. They tried to bring in ang mohs to change the situation but failed.

Kelly 19-07-2015 11:08 PM

hi

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 70203)

Thank you so much for the reply. The HR asked a lot of items from me, like 'O' level certificates, degree, original employment letter, pay slip, photo. I have lost my 'O'Level cert. Anyone know how many interview usually? I wonder what happens if they rejected me and I end up giving them my photos and preparing all the stuff. I never came across an interview with the HR asking for so much items, usually they confirm employment and then follow up with the requested items. Please advice.

Unregistered 19-07-2015 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 70211)
Yes, agreed. Was from the bank previously though not from the dept. it is either for fresh grad to gain some exp for two years and run off or for those looking to retire. Ask anyone from the bnf industry how BTMU or rather MUFG as they call it now how they work. They tried to bring in ang mohs to change the situation but failed.

Plus is very strict and regimental. They expect you to be punctual for work. 9am sharp means 9am sharp. Even a second late your big name will show up in HR's record for your boss to take action. Some boss or even more anal, 9am means start work at 9am, not come in. So they expect you to come in at 8.40am to prepare. They are also very rigid and strict in processes. So any lapse in process, whether it impacts the bank in anyway or not, you need to write incident reports. So be prepared to write incident reports every now and then.

If you are from an European bank, I suggest you don't even think about japanese banks as you will have a a cultural shock. Unless you are really very desperate and out of options

Kelly 19-07-2015 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 70211)

Can you share with me your experience working there? My email is [email protected]

The HR want me to provide my certificates all the way from 'O' Level, pay slip, employment letter, passport size photo, qualification transcript, copied NRIC, and application forms. I am very envious, I am worried that the interview will be tough as this is a manager position. Hope you can advice me on this.

Unregistered 19-07-2015 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kelly (Post 70213)
Thank you so much for the reply. The HR asked a lot of items from me, like 'O' level certificates, degree, original employment letter, pay slip, photo. I have lost my 'O'Level cert. Anyone know how many interview usually? I wonder what happens if they rejected me and I end up giving them my photos and preparing all the stuff. I never came across an interview with the HR asking for so much items, usually they confirm employment and then follow up with the requested items. Please advice.

Usually 3-4 interviews depending. First with HR, Second with your immediate supervisor, third with the head of your dept, and maybe they will fly someone down from head office for another interview. For all those items, that is just their HR style of doing things. If they end up rejecting you, all your items will be kept on hold in a file for some time before they send it away to destroy

Unregistered 20-07-2015 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kelly (Post 70213)

asking many items is normal. they are a bank, and that means your background check must be speaky clean. they cannot have people with criminal records working there. take it as a sign that they are very interested in hiring you.

is this your first time working in finance?

Unregistered 20-07-2015 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kelly (Post 70217)
Can you share with me your experience working there? My email is [email protected]

The HR want me to provide my certificates all the way from 'O' Level, pay slip, employment letter, passport size photo, qualification transcript, copied NRIC, and application forms. I am very envious, I am worried that the interview will be tough as this is a manager position. Hope you can advice me on this.

Expect a lot of paperwork and bureaucracy. This is partly because of banking industry requirement and further aggravated by MUFG red tape slow moving everything 101% by the book culture.

In terms of interview they just follow script and ask standard questions, they themselves know that they rank at the bottom of the industry in terms of ability to attract good people so they don't go in expecting strong candidates.

Besides manager is considered a low ranking position (about equal to Associate level for foreign banks), so I wouldn't worry too much. Just go through protocol with them don't screw up don't give fancy answers and you have a good chance to get it.

Unregistered 20-07-2015 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kelly (Post 70187)
Dear All,

Regards,
Kelly

Hi Kelly, not from credit planning department specifically. But I just want to warn you that base on the way of doing things there I can 90% confirm at your level you will not be doing "credit portfolio management" or "formulating policies".

For rank & file staff there is very little autonomy and no strategic work to do over there. Mostly just fill in templates, run standard reports and ensure compliance to policies set by head office.

Nice place to take it easy with job security, but don't go in thinking you are going to do those things they say in the job ad.