Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Im worried of a scam company (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/5525-im-worried-scam-company.html)

snoopsy 12-07-2015 10:13 PM

Im worried of a scam company

Hi i have applied as a juniortrader and someone gave me an 30-60mins phone interview

everythings seems fine until they say what is their company

- LGC capital advisors

their website doesnt make them look legit and they say will have another second round of interview if im selected.

Anyone heard of this company before?

Thankyou

Unregistered 12-07-2015 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snoopsy (Post 69839)
Hi i have applied as a juniortrader and someone gave me an 30-60mins phone interview

everythings seems fine until they say what is their company

- LGC capital advisors

their website doesnt make them look legit and they say will have another second round of interview if im selected.

Anyone heard of this company before?

Thankyou

come on lah, so many forumers already tell u not to waste time applying for a trader job w/o any connection & a pt deg from SIM. u still go out & appear like a desperado willing to consider any "trading" job of course ur gonna attract all these scammers.

Unregistered 12-07-2015 10:28 PM

"LGC capital advisors" is a phony company trying to confuse & pawn off as "LGC Advisors", a legit finance firm. Advice to TS - you have to be introduced by someone into a trading job, there is no such thing a unknown person calling you for a 30min phone interview to be a trader. This is not how the trading world works.

snoopsy 13-07-2015 12:23 AM

thanks! i guess they want me to deposit my own money to trade for them

Unregistered 13-07-2015 02:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snoopsy (Post 69848)
thanks! i guess they want me to deposit my own money to trade for them

Dude, why are you doing this? Do you think by posting repeatedly about the same thing you will eventually get validation? Like many have said before, you are looking in the wrong place for answers. So far, the harsh ones that you are getting are actually telling the truth. Why are you so fixated about trading? Is it because you think it's going to be your path to riches and success? In this game, it doesn't always work out like you planned, you know? You can continue down this path of delusion and ruin if you wish. Don't say we didn't warn you.

Unregistered 13-07-2015 01:13 PM

if any trading firm asks you to deposit money with them, for whatever reason like capital or for courses, RUN FAR FAR AND DONT TURN BACK.

Unregistered 13-07-2015 01:30 PM

Quite obvious this is a scam, not sure why so many people are heading for trading role. I know the money is good but seriously?!

snoopsy 14-07-2015 11:44 AM

Okay thanks for the answers. I will reject him and it does look like a fraud. he wanted to schedule for another round of interview.

Unregistered 14-07-2015 08:13 PM

Hi Snoopsy, what are the updates? Kindly post more details so others will be made known.
Thanks and appreciate

snoopsy 15-07-2015 10:05 AM

okay so it all goes like that , on a friday night he called up in a SG number and wanted to do a interview which lasted 50mins about qns managing risk/trade strategies. If i am selected i will be given around 100k funds to trade but on ETFs and i keep high % of earnings but i got to deposit 3% of money to protect themselves too which is reasonable and will be travelling to UK for training. After that convo I looked up the web but nothing. Their web just looks unprofessional and similar to another financial group LCG advisors and his scam company is LGC capital advisors.
Monday morning which is the next working day he dailed up and say there will be 2nd round of interview from overseas in london. I then asked him more information about his company and he said his company do not want to go too much in public. I asked where can i retrieve more information from his company he said I can ask more during the interview later but what he will be another scammer too. I just told them im backing out.

I think it is too good to be true as u straight got a 100k book to trade when u have no experience at all?
and my exp and qualification still not up there yet i am able to get another round of long interview
so i suggest everyone to careful if the deal is too good and when it involves with money.