Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   What is next? Commerical? Big 4? (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/5510-what-next-commerical-big-4-a.html)

Unregistered 10-07-2015 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCY (Post 69698)
I agree with what you say. And that is a big factor I have to consider of. But to sacrifice salary now and move to a big 4 is painful.

Sacrificing salary is nothing new actually. Why do you think so many grads with strong qualifications are working ridiculous hours in big 4 with a miserly starting pay of 2.8k when they can easily get >3.5k doing other finance jobs?

Ultimately it is your choice. One thing is for sure though, if you find it painful to move now next time will be even harder. A lot depends on your ambition, the route you are at now most likely career ceiling is 10-12k salary as some local finance controller which is actually not bad.

Sure going down the big MNC route increases your career ceiling to maybe 40-50k or even >$1mil if you get group level positions, but it's not guaranteed and most people are not able to reach that level anyway.

KCY 10-07-2015 02:44 PM

Is nice to listen to all your opinions. Thank you for the suggestions.

I forget to add on my aim. Probably to be a finance manager in a successful company in Singapore like Singapore Airline, Jardine, P&G. Targeting around 6-7k income/month with around 3months or more bonus timeline will be to reach the goal in 2-3years time. Of course anything excess will be good. Haha.

I dont think I have the substance to be CFO of a group MNC so I am not aiming to earn anything more than 12k.

Unregistered 10-07-2015 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCY (Post 69726)

I forget to add on my aim. Probably to be a finance manager in a successful company in Singapore like Singapore Airline, Jardine, P&G. Targeting around 6-7k income/month with around 3months or more bonus timeline will be to reach the goal in 2-3years time. Of course anything excess will be good. Haha.

I dont think I have the substance to be CFO of a group MNC so I am not aiming to earn anything more than 12k.

Frankly it's impossible you can be a finance manager in a MNC in just 2-3 years time. Fresh grads work in Big 4 to gain experience before jumping to commercial, and it takes min 6 years to be a manager in Big 4 and only then do you have a chance at jumping to a finance manager position outside. Even so there is no guarantee you will get the job. Many other more experienced people would like such a job as well.

Unregistered 10-07-2015 05:40 PM

[QUOTE=KCY;69726]timeline will be to reach the goal in 2-3years time./QUOTE]

why the rush?

Unregistered 10-07-2015 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCY (Post 69726)

Without a big4 CV you will struggle to even get SIA to allow you in as an accountant/exec. 2-3 years time want to be a finance manager in P&G? LOL wait long long! I'm not even sure those cream of the crop who join their grad program can move up that fast.

KCY 11-07-2015 10:04 AM

Okay I adjust my target. 2-3years time drawing close to 6k. Dont have to be MNC. Is that a realistic goal?

I am drawing close to 4k now.

Unregistered 11-07-2015 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCY (Post 69769)
Okay I adjust my target. 2-3years time drawing close to 6k. Dont have to be MNC. Is that a realistic goal?

I am drawing close to 4k now.

u wanna increase ur salary by 60% in 2-3 years when the average sg mkt giving 4-5% p.a. u tell us realistic or not lor. which sme gonna pay 6k for an accountant with 4-5 years work exp?

Unregistered 11-07-2015 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 69774)
u wanna increase ur salary by 60% in 2-3 years when the average sg mkt giving 4-5% p.a. u tell us realistic or not lor. which sme gonna pay 6k for an accountant with 4-5 years work exp?

How u get 60%? TS is speaking about finance manager not accountant. There's a difference

Unregistered 11-07-2015 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 69787)
How u get 60%? TS is speaking about finance manager not accountant. There's a difference

TS is getting 3k+ now, he wanna get 5k+ in 2 years plus.