Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Temasek holdings? what they do (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/5506-temasek-holdings-what-they-do.html)

snoopsy 08-07-2015 10:43 AM

Temasek holdings? what they do

temasek holdings is a shareholder of my many big firms, and they profit from their investments.
so we investors are unable to invest in its portfolio am i right? and they invest using sg funds to generate income for our country?

thank you

Unregistered 08-07-2015 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snoopsy (Post 69621)
temasek holdings is a shareholder of my many big firms, and they profit from their investments.
so we investors are unable to invest in its portfolio am i right? and they invest using sg funds to generate income for our country?

thank you

read up on Sovereign Wealth Funds.

Unregistered 08-07-2015 12:40 PM

Quote:

thank you

It is much more complicated than that, you need to have good investment fundamentals and a decent grasp of business in general to understand the basic concept of SWF.

lazyplane 08-07-2015 07:37 PM

Quote:

thank you

Agree with poster here.. Go download their annual report and read it .

Unregistered 09-07-2015 12:13 AM

Quote:

thank you

Fren, stop hanging around in forums like this and waiting for people to spoon feed you things that you can readily find out by googling a bit harder and spending the time to read whatever you've found lah. You claim you damn gian to become a trader (see your other thread) or to be in high finance but if this is reflective of your best 'go-getter' side, then suah lah, no point trying to force the impossible. People in the industry will eat you for a snack (sorry, you not even big enough for breakfast) if you even somehow find your way in. You sound nice and polite and all but I don't think you are suitable for the job. I won't hire you.

Unregistered 11-07-2015 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 69671)
Fren, stop hanging around in forums like this and waiting for people to spoon feed you things that you can readily find out by googling a bit harder and spending the time to read whatever you've found lah. You claim you damn gian to become a trader (see your other thread) or to be in high finance but if this is reflective of your best 'go-getter' side, then suah lah, no point trying to force the impossible. People in the industry will eat you for a snack (sorry, you not even big enough for breakfast) if you even somehow find your way in. You sound nice and polite and all but I don't think you are suitable for the job. I won't hire you.

Love how this poster wrote in such a way that he 'acts nice' but in fact is trying imply that he has 'hiring' pedigree. Downs is strong in this one.

Unregistered 11-07-2015 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 69783)
Love how this poster wrote in such a way that he 'acts nice' but in fact is trying imply that he has 'hiring' pedigree. Downs is strong in this one.

what do you mean?